Home

Don S. Davis R.I.P. : Stargate's Major General George Hammond

Don S. Davis R.I.P.

Stargate's Major General George Hammond

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

As it turns out this year, we have lost another influential person. Actor Don S. Davis of Stargate, Twin Peaks, and MacGyver has passed away. Watching him on Stargate was a great treat, and he will surely be missed by all fans.

God Bless

Dear Fans and Friends of Don S. Davis,

So many of you have been touched by not only the work and art of Don S. Davis, but by the man himself, who always took the time to be with you at the appearances he loved, that it is with a tremendous sense of loss I must share with you that Don passed away from a massive heart attack on Sunday morning, June 29th.

On behalf of his family and wife, Ruby, we thank you for your prayers and condolences. A family memorial where Don's ashes will be scattered in the ocean will take place in a few weeks, and should you wish to, please make a donation to the American Heart Association in Don's memory.

Son of a... he was the only character on Stargate I could actually stand, apart from Richard Dean Anderson. Always thought to myself "Y'know what, that General Hammond seems like he was pretty badass in his day. That guy's a great actor."

Rest in peace, Mister Davis.

...Oh, wait: he boinked Windom Earle's wife, didn't he? ;)

Yep. Carol ;) Earle killed her...and her body/soul were trapped in the lodge. Theres some interesting insights into Coops in the "Diane: The Tapes Of Agent Cooper" which was published back in the 90s on tape and in book form

I know the S2.21 finale of TPeaks inside out, it is uberLynch. The last scene that Major Garland Briggs is in is pretty cool : when Mrs Palmer, sends acts as a medium for Laura... saying in that creepy reverse talked/reverse played recorded voice... "Im in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper"

super cool stuff ;)

mtfbwya

Archived