Home

Jedi Knight Mod Status

DarkStarMojo

Wow, so I only recently found out about this mod in all my df2/jk2/jka years :p

I really hope you get the df mod done, and if you want, I could help out with the df2 mod. That is, I'm a student, so I can't work on it anywhere near full time, but I did play df2:jk and loved it(I still have it here somewhere) so I might be able to help out in things like mapping,proper website creation and maintenance, changing the jka menu to fit the mod(some scripting),creatings movies that sort of stuff. I'm kind of like a jack of all trades, but mapping is my focal point :)

If you really do not have time for the dark forces 2 mod, I could try to get some new people together who are wanting to work on it, maybe place a news message and a banner on jk3files.com, and get some active development team on it. I think I know some ways :p This way, the jk mod will continue while you guys can focus on the dark forces mod. And, once you're done, can speed up the development to the jkmod even more.

That would be much better than calling it a day and releasing the stuff you made right now, in my opinion. I'm sure there are other people interested on helping out with this. And besides, what do you have to lose? the things already done would be a great starting point.

edit: what might also be a nice idea is to combine this with a jk2 df 2 mod team(not sure how large they are now) and share the stuff that can be used in two games, lightening the burden. I'd be very interested in continuing this mod, and I'm eager to start mapping :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, so I only recently found out about this mod in all my df2/jk2/jka years :p

I really hope you get the df mod done, and if you want, I could help out with the df2 mod. That is, I'm a student, so I can't work on it anywhere near full time, but I did play df2:jk and loved it(I still have it here somewhere) so I might be able to help out in things like mapping,proper website creation and maintenance, changing the jka menu to fit the mod(some scripting),creatings movies that sort of stuff. I'm kind of like a jack of all trades, but mapping is my focal point :)

If you really do not have time for the dark forces 2 mod, I could try to get some new people together who are wanting to work on it, maybe place a news message and a banner on jk3files.com, and get some active development team on it. I think I know some ways :p This way, the jk mod will continue while you guys can focus on the dark forces mod. And, once you're done, can speed up the development to the jkmod even more.

That would be much better than calling it a day and releasing the stuff you made right now, in my opinion. I'm sure there are other people interested on helping out with this. And besides, what do you have to lose? the things already done would be a great starting point.

edit: what might also be a nice idea is to combine this with a jk2 df 2 mod team(not sure how large they are now) and share the stuff that can be used in two games, lightening the burden. I'd be very interested in continuing this mod, and I'm eager to start mapping :D

If you have some people that can help, you should send an email or pm to either shamus or Darkstarmojo. I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone who works on these mods that we don't have time to work on anything full time either. I know i put in 12 hour work days come home eat dinner and try to spend time with my family then work on the map if i'm not dead tired. but hey shoot those two a line and see if they can use your talents. I'd be willing to bet that we can find work for you on the DFmod.

Thanks for the heads up, but I was actually referring to the jkmod, partly because I used to play and love that game(and I never played the original dark forces, to my utter shame),because I know it, and because I would just love having it on the q3 engine. I know you guys must feel the same way about the original.

So that's why I proposed to take over the work on the df2 mod, and not to help with the dfmod. I'll see if I can get some people together, and I'll pm darkstarmojo and/or shamus. However, I'm not sure if I can get their e-mail, I'll see if they state them in their profiles.

edit: it seems they're not there. Would you, or someone else, care to either post (or pm) them? thanks

actually both Shamus and Darkstarmojo are on the DF2 JK mod. Shamus is the project leader, thats why I said get with them. DSM along with myself and others are working on the DF mod. but I myself am also waiting for the DF2JK mod. so yeah hit them up and ask them what and where they need the help.

Just PM them here. they have already posted in this thread so its just a matter of sending them the message

Small update: Negotiations for the continuing future of the mod have begun. We'll see where this thing goes from here...

Yes, I know they're on the jkmod too, but I got confused because you said dfmod. Sorry about that. Anyways:

pm sent.

And you should check your PMs ;). I've given you a task.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm still awaiting a reply on the progress. My offer to try and form a new team still stands. I'd love to see this mod done. Sadly, communication seems to take a long time. But, let's be frank for a while: what do you guys have to lose? If it doesn't work out, you won't be much worse off than at the moment, if it does: great!

I'd love to post a news item at the jk3files site(as a start),start a proper site and forums, and gather an active team. But then, one has to be absolutely sure the mod is indeed continueing with the support of the current mod team, and one has to have the assets, of course.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, well, email is still slow and when one of us stops checking every day things tend to slow down. :p We're workin' on it. ;) Right now the best way to see what's going on is to join the #df2mod channel on efnet. Get an IRC client like mIrc (at http://www.mirc.com/get.html) and drop by and say hello. :)

Just wondering if you are going to update the website. :) I still roll over there every couple of days and still check the forums. maybe you could post this on the site as well. your last update was April of 07.

Archived