Home

Jedi Knight Mod Status

DarkStarMojo

Actually having a set time/date would probably be best. But last time we we're all in the channel we had a fairly long chat if you remember. :) Also, this is the reason I recommended keeping your chat window open. I know hhunter can't--can you exonimus?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DarkStarMojo: Even so you should pop into the channel for a bit. And even if we don't all get on this Monday we can always try again for next week. The only real problem is exonimus: He's in Europe and probably can't do a late night meeting on the east coast of the US.

True, especially because my holiday is over(that is, it will be coming Monday)

What I propose if the following: the three of you meet, and any problems/misunderstandings/questions/rants that cannot be solved at that time, can be directed to me. If I know the date and time, I will probably be able to answer them in a timely fashion. Afterwards, you guys meet again(if needed..)

Also, how is your edit of the map conversion coming along? It's not that big a deal for now, because I'm at about 50% of the structural conversion for Altyr, and hhunter is at 100% for level two, but we still need to do loads of texture conversion, bug fixing, areaportalling, npc scripting, cutscenes,lighting, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Exonimus and/or Shamus, here's a suggestion: if you are friends with any modders in real life, try to get teams together where you live. This is why video games are developed to completion while mods are seldom completed without the team disbanding after losing interest: because the former have teams of people all working under one roof while the latter tends to always be done over the Internet, which makes frequent communication difficult. When games are developed from scratch, all a person from one department has to do in order to communicate with a person from another department is walk over to their desk. Plus, it is far easier to keep up encouragement, morale and ambition, and things tend to get done fairly quickly with everyone together. It's a more wholesome experience, which is very important.

I suggest doing this because I have been excited about a Jedi Knight remake for years and I really would like to see this mod completed. I have many ideas for it.

heh, not many of my friends/relatives are star wars fans, let alone have played the game and are able to mod for it :/

anyway, shamus, it's not working. It just says the .jkl file is not there, while it is in the exact directory where I run the program from.

Believe me, my friend, the mod would get done a *lot* quicker if we all didn't have day jobs. :( Distance isn't the problem, communication and time is.

@exonimus: It's not looking for .jkl files, it's looking for the .goo files. You have to pass it a parameter which tells it where to look for those (type jkl2map for it to tell you what the parameters are). If you drop by the channel, I can walk you through the process. I promise to check in the morning here. ;)

Archived