Home

Best Pixar Film Yet?

What is the best/your favorite Pixar movie?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best/your favorite Pixar movie?

• Toy Story
    • A Bugs Life
    • Toy Story 2
    • Monsters Inc.
    • Finding Nemo
    • The Incredibles
    • Cars
    • Rataoullie
    • Wall-E

Where have I heard these words before... I see Achilles has gotten to you too now! :D

Tee hee, I guess his propoganda has pushed me further into my Pixar fangirlness... XD

Seriously though, has a Pixar movie ever not won a best animated film award? I mean Cars vs. something like Shrek 2... What do you think would win? (I think they came out at the same time... I don't remember, but you get my point...)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, has a Pixar movie ever not won a best animated film award? I mean Cars vs. something like Shrek 2... What do you think would win? (I think they came out at the same time... I don't remember, but you get my point...)

I'm not sure about the awards, but for me, Shrek 2 was much more funnier, beautiful, better animated, funny again and inspired than Cars.

Please tell me you were drunk when you watched Ratatouille to rate it that highly :xp:

.... It has Peter O'Toole as a Food Critic, how can it not be awesome. And Ian Holm is in it too. But all in all Wall-E is my favorite.

Tee hee, I guess his propoganda has pushed me further into my Pixar fangirlness... XD
Just doing my part :)

The Best Animated Feature category was introduced in 2001.

In 2001 Shrek beat Monsters, Inc.

In 2003 Finding Nemo won.

In 2004 The Incredibles won.

In 2006 Happy Feet (which was beautifully animated but ended up sucking rocks) beat Cars.

In 2007 Ratatouille won.

So in the 5 years that Pixar had film since the category was created, they've won 3 times. Not too bad.

P.S. Shrek 2 was nominated in 2004, but lost to The Incredibles.

Hmm, I don't know why people are ragging on Shrek. It was a good movie. Shrek 2 was arguably much better, but it deserved to lose to the Incredibles. As good as it was, the Incredibles was... eh... incredible. :p

Thank you for that Achillies :D

What would Wall-E be going up against? Madagascar 2...?

I'm not sure about the awards, but for me, Shrek 2 was much more funnier, beautiful, better animated, funny again and inspired than Cars.

In my opinion all the Shrek movies tanked... (Didn't even bother with 3) But most other people like them...:)

I think Pixar movies are really the only animated movies that I go out of my way to go see or watch... *shrugs* I can pass up the Dreamworks movies, but I did enjoy Antz and maybe... Over the Hedge.... Those were okay. (Then there was Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmeron... that was a long time ago, but I still love that one... :xp:)

Yeah I didn't much care for the third Shrek movie. It was a stretch. And you're right that most other Dreamworks movies aren't worth the $10 to see in the theater. To be honest, though, I haven't been excited about a Pixar movie since... uh... Toy Story I guess? Well I haven't been excited about movies in general in years. That's probably because I was so disappointed after I built myself up for the Star Wars prequels. When I saw the Pixar movies on cable I've liked pretty much every single one.

Wall-E, though, I couldn't get home fast enough on opening day to beg my dad to take me. Oh man, that makes me sound like a kid doesn't it? More convenient for me if he pays, plus going to the movies alone always seemed kind of depressing and sad to me. :xp:

In 2001 Shrek beat Monsters, Inc.
Wow, that would have been a tough selection. If I had a vote between the first Shrek and any of my top three Pixar Films, I don’t know which would win. Yes, Shrek isn’t as original as the Pixar Films and yes Shrek has adolescent humor in it, but those are Shrek’s strengths as well as its weakness. Personally I love the Shrek franchise.

Dream Works IMO is a very good studio. They do not have the consistence of Pixar, but I am thankful for the competition in producing quality family orientated movies.

I really can’t argue against any of the choices for The Best Animated Feature, other than 2006 when the committee was obviously off the wagon.

Hmm, I don't know why people are ragging on Shrek.
It was entertaining, but it wasn't a great movie. Watch it again in 10 years and keep track of how much of the "pop culture humor" is still relevant.

Thank you for that Achillies :D
Welcome :)

What would Wall-E be going up against? Madagascar 2...?
Good question. There'll probably be a smattering of animated films around the holiday season, so we'll have to wait and see.

In my opinion all the Shrek movies tanked... (Didn't even bother with 3) But most other people like them...:)
The first two were entertaining. The third was just squeezing the last of the blood from the rock.

I think Pixar movies are really the only animated movies that I go out of my way to go see or watch... *shrugs* I can pass up the Dreamworks movies, but I did enjoy Antz and maybe... Over the Hedge.... Those were okay. (Then there was Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmeron... that was a long time ago, but I still love that one... :xp:)
Dreamworks is decent at making somewhat-entertaining distractions.

Disney (under Eisner) seemed to only be interested in making money. Lasseter did a bunch of "last minute" stuff with Meet the Robinsons, but truthfully I can't really tell you what that means. So I'm cautiously optimistic to see what the "new Disney" will do (i.e. The Princess and the Frog, Bolt, etc), however the this *expletive deleted* Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie they're pimping makes me think that maybe not that much has changed.

It was entertaining, but it wasn't a great movie. Watch it again in 10 years and keep track of how much of the "pop culture humor" is still relevant.
I didn't say it was great, but it's not bad entertainment. :)

The only thing I could think of when I saw the preview for that Chihuahua movie was "wow.... those are some really good 3D models!" Beyond that it turned my brain to mush. :lol:

I didn't say it was great, but it's not bad entertainment. :)
I didn't say that you did :)

You asked why people were ragging on it. I offered my 2 cents. They gave themselves a nice little paycheck, but the movie was brain candy and nothing more. I don't think that studios that churn out vapid, pop culture movies deserve acclaim and I don't think those movies themselves deserve awards. I think awards should be reserved for films that actually do something to deserve them.

Again, my 2 cents.

I didn't say that you did :)

You asked why people were ragging on it. I offered my 2 cents. They gave themselves a nice little paycheck, but the movie was brain candy and nothing more. I don't think that studios that churn out vapid, pop culture movies deserve acclaim and I don't think those movies themselves deserve awards. I think awards should be reserved for films that actually do something to deserve them.

Again, my 2 cents.

That's 4 cents already, big spender. :p

I was just clarifying my position on Shrek. I didn't really find Monsters, Inc. to be all that exciting either. It was okay, but not stunning like some other Pixar films. There's something to be said for satire, though I think 'Enchanted' did a better job with fairy tale satire than Shrek did.

Disney (under Eisner) seemed to only be interested in making money. Lasseter did a bunch of "last minute" stuff with Meet the Robinsons, but truthfully I can't really tell you what that means. So I'm cautiously optimistic to see what the "new Disney" will do (i.e. The Princess and the Frog, Bolt, etc), however the this *expletive deleted* Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie they're pimping makes me think that maybe not that much has changed.

About Bolt: *anything* with Miley Cyrus in it isn't even worth watching for free on cable. :lightning

About the Chihuahua movie: And I thought Air Buddies was bad... :barf:

About Meet the Robinsons: You must admit it wasn't as bad as originally expected, it was actually surprisingly okay... :lol:

Was that the one with the dinosaur complaining about its little arms? If so the commercials were plenty for me. Kind of like Monk. :D

Yup that's the one... It's with movies like that, you begin to wonder if they shoved every funny moment of the film into the commercials... and that's it.. :lol:

About the Chihuahua movie: And I thought Air Buddies was bad... :barf:

Any chance we can not talk about the chihuahua movie? I had flashbacks to the preview I was forced to watch on multiple occassions and almost had a seizure. MAKE IT STOP...or kill me!!! :(

Its a tough decision for me. I liked WALL-E a lot but I don't really like to put movies I've recently seen at the top because a lot of times I like it better only because its something new. I really enjoyed both Cars and Rataoullie so I would say its between those two.

That's 4 cents already, big spender. :p
I've budgeted myself a dollar for this thread. :xp:

I was just clarifying my position on Shrek. I didn't really find Monsters, Inc. to be all that exciting either. It was okay, but not stunning like some other Pixar films.
This post makes me sad :(

About Bolt: *anything* with Miley Cyrus in it isn't even worth watching for free on cable.
Meh. So long as her character doesn't break out in song, I think we'll be okay.

About Meet the Robinsons: You must admit it wasn't as bad as originally expected, it was actually surprisingly okay...
Yeah. I'd really like to credit "The Hand of Lasseter" here, but again, I'm not really sure what all he changed.

Yup that's the one... It's with movies like that, you begin to wonder if they shoved every funny moment of the film into the commercials... and that's it..
I really miss how Pixar used to avoid putting footage in their teasers. :(

I hope they go back to that at some point.

Any chance we can not talk about the chihuahua movie? I had flashbacks to the preview I was forced to watch on multiple occassions and almost had a seizure. MAKE IT STOP...or kill me!!! :(
chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie :dev6:

chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie chihuahua movie

Sooo, not cool! :hor:

I'm in a minority here, but for me, Cars wasn't great. It was too long and pushed the ideas that Pixar used too far. I mean, in the other movies sure things were anthropomorphic, but at least the humans were there. I mean with Cars, where are the Humans? Did the apocalypse wipe them out and left the cars behind, I mean really! That, and Owen Wilson sucks in anything that isn't a Wes Anderson movie.

Oh yeah, and if you look on Youtube, they have a rifftrax of the Beverly Hills Chihuahua trailer that's far funnier than the movie ever will be.

Archived