Home

ship differences

Aeviv

Ok so ive started adventuring into piloting heavily for the first time, and ive got my imperial pilot up to the higher levels. Until now ive just had to pick the ship that was given to me, TIE fighter, TIE/in, ect. But now ive got a bit of a problem. I have to choose between the TIE bomber and the TIE interceptor. Does anyone know what the major differences between the two?

Now choosing between two is hard enough, but looking ahead ive got to choose from 5 ships next time! What are the differences between ships? Or are these purely cosmetic?

Everything on a ship is important, which one you choose decides on your play style.

Mass is the amount of weight that a ship can carry, the higher a ships mass, the more stuff you can fit it with. Since all ship equipment takes up a certain amount of mass within a ship, if you run out of mass you wont be able to equip anything else, it requires a bit of playing with, but its always best when buying a ship on the market to look at how much mass it holds and try to find the largest one, since ships are crafted by players, almost every ship is different, they may both be the same type but get the one with the more mass and better stats (obviously). Smaller ships like the Interceptor have low mass, this is because they move faster, the Bomber is slower but has more mass so you can hold more stuff.

Acceleration/Deceleration - How fast can your ship get up to speed and stop. Its very helpful when maneuvering, you can out maneuver ships that are on your tail.

Crew - how many people can your ship hold? some ships allow only you to board it (like the interceptor) some ships though allow you to take a friend along (like the bomber which has a gun in the back)

Weapon fittings - does your ship have 1 gun turret or 2, does it have projectiles (missiles), the more stuff doesnt necessarily mean better, this is another thing you have to play with, 2 guns that use a lot of energy per fire paired with a small capacitor will cause you to run out of ammo fast and have to wait for it to recharge. Buy the weapons with the most damage, the fastest refire rate, and the smallest energy use. Then buy a capacitor with the most energy that you can find, this will allow you to continuously fire your guns without ever running out of energy (gives you a better chance of hitting your enemy). Equip the max number of weapons that your ship allows and don't bother with missiles, they aren't needed and it takes too long to lock on, you need to keep maneuvering and always turning, if someone is behind you turn around to get them off your tail and then get back to your target once they are gone, anti-missiles are nice, but it is possible to dodge missiles so you wont need them if your really good.

Yaw/Pitch/Roll rates - another helpful thing, in the interceptor you will move your mouse and your ships turn rate will keep up with how fast you move your mouse, in the bomber it takes more mouse movement to turn the same amount, the bomber is very slow and sluggish while the interceptor is fast and agile. Think of a big bomber airplane compared to a small jet fighter, its the same thing.

In the end, i own a bomber and have it equipped, and have only flown it once to wind up getting it blown up. I always take the smaller, more agile ships. The heavier more durable bombers are ok to mess around in, but are more built for the HARD CORE pilot, the people who can equip them with the best gear and know how to REALLY handle a ship.

If your small its harder to hit you, where as a bomber is like a big floating shoot me sign. If you take the interceptor you wont need armor, you wont need a lot of stuff that the ship allows you to take. You need the biggest shields you can get, the fastest engine you can get with the best YPR rates so that you can out maneuver anything and rarely be hit, if you do get hit, itll be a fat chance that they will get through your shields, just keep moving.

It takes a lot of trial and error, but my advice is to go with the smaller, faster ships at all times. You can solo anything with them, i was lvl 30 and an Ace pilot on the hardest pilot level because of those fast ships.

Dont use looted gear, sell all that crap, buy the crafted equipment, they have MUCH better stats.

yep thats basically it, the ships in this game fly the same way they do in other games. The smaller ships are used in dog fights, and can take down any ship in the game if piloted correctly. The bombers are used to take on larger enemies, but in my opinion they still have A LOT of kinks to work out on the bombers, cause they aren't very effective. They move so slow and don't really have that much of a shield so they really aren't that great of tankers, they are more like sitting ducks. The only reason they haven't fixed them is because everyone just flies the lighter ships and tosses the bombers aside.

Archived