Home

New tattoo (work in progress)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ouch dude. Looks great now ;) I imagine you are getting it coloured in.

As long as you are mentally prepared for what it will look like when you are 60, imagine a diarrhaeic rainbow splodge ;) Being a health worker in chronic disease..I see 'after 30 years' tatts quite often. Not one has been pretty.

I was thinking about getting a small one recently(a flag), but then remembered that I dislike things that are immutable.

good luck :) keep putting that ointment on it!

mtfbwya

Tattoos sound like a great idea when you're young, but when you're 34 and can't take off your shirt at the beach, you feel just a bit like an idiot.

No the fat, pot-bellied alcoholic SOB next to me will feel like an idiot, I will age like Ozzy Osbourne and be uber cool even when I'm 70 and my tats get wrinkled, at least it takes the attention away from my wrinkly backside then...

I see 'after 30 years' tatts quite often. Not one has been pretty

Have the actual people with the tats been pretty themselves after 30 odd years?

I rest my case...

ouch dude. Looks great now ;) I imagine you are getting it coloured in.

As long as you are mentally prepared for what it will look like when you are 60, imagine a diarrhaeic rainbow splodge ;) Being a health worker in chronic disease..I see 'after 30 years' tatts quite often. Not one has been pretty.

I was thinking about getting a small one recently(a flag), but then remembered that I dislike things that are immutable.

good luck :) keep putting that ointment on it!

mtfbwya

that's just the phoenix aging with him

No the fat, pot-bellied alcoholic SOB next to me will feel like an idiot, I will age like Ozzy Osbourne and be uber cool even when I'm 70 and my tats get wrinkled, at least it takes the attention away from my wrinkly backside then...

Have the actual people with the tats been pretty themselves after 30 odd years?

I rest my case...

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Hee-hee-hee...kids are funny. What, you think that kind of thing never occurred to us when we were young?

Seriously though, make sure you pick decent colours when you have the firebird filled in. If you're ever looking at a potential sketch and you have to think about whether or not you like it, that means you don't. The right colours and design are instantly appealing, and don't let the tattooist bully or rush you into making any decisions you aren't comfortable with.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Hee-hee-hee...kids are funny. What, you think that kind of thing never occurred to us when we were young?

Seriously though, make sure you pick decent colours when you have the firebird filled in. If you're ever looking at a potential sketch and you have to think about whether or not you like it, that means you don't. The right colours and design are instantly appealing, and don't let the tattooist bully or rush you into making any decisions you aren't comfortable with.

Please don't patronize me such, I know exactly what I want and why, I'm not getting some lame-a$$ tribal done that will get out of fashion in like 10 weeks time (if not already, I laugh at tribal tattoos)

This particular design is a timeless Japanese piece with some western elements.

Before criticizing or patronizing I suggest people do their homework first :)

lolz...so you are looking forward to wrinkly ugliness? yuck.

Nope, which is why I'm getting tatted now and not when I'm pushing 50 ;)

More time to enjoy it at least, a few decades maybe? And who's to say I'll even make it to 50?

*stops before going on another rant and goes off to watch some more Battlestar*

the real question is, for all hetero males here:

what if you had a really hot girlfriend, and her name was "Gay". She wanted you to get her name tattoed on your chest, would ye do it ??

This happened to a dude I went to uni with. I still cant think about without cracking up. Poor basted. He and Gay are married now, along with his "Gay" tattoo. Im one of the few people in the galaxy that has actually seen it. :D

*types 'gay tattoo' into Google Image search, forgets safe search is off, horrified, runs*

mtfbwya

what if you had a really hot girlfriend, and her name was "Gay". She wanted you to get her name tattoed on your chest, would ye do it ??

mtfbwya

Absolutely not. I'd tell my gay girlfriend that me having a tattoo doesn't mean anything in our relationship.

I might be persuaded to get a small cool tattoo, but never someone's name (no matter who it is) and never something large.

_EW_

This happened to a dude I went to uni with. I still cant think about without cracking up. Poor basted. He and Gay are married now, along with his "Gay" tattoo. Im one of the few people in the galaxy that has actually seen it. :D

*types 'gay tattoo' into Google Image search, forgets safe search is off, horrified, runs*

mtfbwya

:rofl: That is wrong on so many levels. :rofl:

I plan on getting on at my forehead with her surname, actually, which is Cock.

But seriously, I was just wondering if I should get a tatoo and this shows up. Of course, mine would be a dragon (reptilians FTW) and on the back (behind FTW).

And, Negative, what motivates you on actually returning for another session?

Archived