Home

Happy 10th!

Du Man

What's everybody's plan on celebrating GF's 10th birthday? Breaking out your old copy and going through the nightmare of reinstalling it? Making some cool GF fan art? Going on a field trip to Mexico or to some Art Deco buildings? Making an extra level to GF? Or simply partying?

I was hoping to do something cool for the 10th anniversary this year, but alas my skills in art and computers are pathetic. I am hoping on giving a shot at making an installing guide for GF on ubuntu, but so far it's been difficult and I don't think I'll be able to do it till after mid August. If I'm lucky I can get it done by GF's original release date of October 30th.

However we can all look forward to Thrik's rerelease of the gf.net site where I'm hoping to see some new content! And don't forget to check out the folks at the DOD http://www.grim-fandango.com/ for new art!

Happy 10th Grim Fandango!

I still haven't forgotten about those memorable characters, the places... the music. I wish there were more of those acoustic guitar tunes that enforces the atmosphere of the empty, peaceful places... They always bring peace to my mind, feeling like it's only me and the nature alone...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll sit down on the couch, lean back, and play the entire grim fandango soundtrack. Afterwards I'll replay year 3 and 4

thats the spirit!

maybe ill install it to view the cutscenes, those are really good!

and yeah! year 3 and 4 is by far the best! i love the dark feeling of those

• 5 weeks later...

October 30h eh? I'll probably blast through the game and see if I can tab out another song or two if I have time. I may also pick a song and try to recreate it in Famitracker, just to see what Grim Fandango might have sounded like had it been released on the Nintendo Entertainment System :)

I'm going to be a traitor and probably do nothing since I'm horribly busy and must gather my strength for NaNoWriMo. However, this could be a great excuse to finish playing the German version of the game.

At the very least I'll blabber about the game in my LJ in hopes of introducing someone to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived