Home

You Know What Grinds My Gears (Part 2)?

Aash Li

So you're talking to this person for over a week, things seem like they could be going well. You're thinking I could really go for this person, and they are acting the same way. And then after a while they call you up or email you and say, I'm actually involved with someone, and it's getting pretty serious... And before that, they are like I'm all for honesty and communication. Like hell you are...

What the f***?

That's what grinds my gears.

<snip>

That's what grinds my gears.

Sorry to hear that too Aash.

Most of my best mates are girls; I normally remark to them that 95% if guys are a***holes and the other 5% are gay.

Best bet is to get several friends opinions as to what they think he is like; if the majority think he's decent your on much better grounding, though no system is perfect.

A 'Friend' will call you in jail. A 'Good Friend' will visit you. A 'Best Friend' will be sitting on the bench next to you, saying "Dude! That was AWESOME!"

I wish I had one friend like that best friend, but I just have "friends"...

A 'Friend' will call you in jail. A 'Good Friend' will visit you. A 'Best Friend' will be sitting on the bench next to you, saying "Dude! That was AWESOME!"

Ah don't feel bad, I don't have a best friend either...

I have a bunch of friends who are your friend one day and not the next... and some of them stab you in the back...

Oh the drama...

Who needs *best* friends, when you've got us?? :D

Friends come and go; except for the precious few who hold on. The friends to hold into are the ones who are around when you are at your most unlovable - as they are the one's who truly care and love you. When your funny and wonderful you will generally have a lot of friends around.

I thought it was 10% are gay Jonathan?

What grinds my Gears? 'The sins of the fathers shall be visited upon the sons', not the bible verse but just in general, and I'm sure I enjoy the privileges of being a white male in england, but it doesn't mean I wanna hear "its 232 yrs since we kicked YOUR sorry ass's home" or "YOU enslaved our people", "Hows YOUR empire now?", "YOUR long ball game got YOU what YOU deserve!", "Get out of Ireland"... I'm not in Ireland!

I'm sorry, my possible ancestors wronged your possible ancestor's? possibly. I just live here bro's :)

I thought it was 10% are gay Jonathan?

What grinds my Gears? 'The sins of the fathers shall be visited upon the sons', not the bible verse but just in general, and I'm sure I enjoy the privileges of being a white male in england, but it doesn't mean I wanna hear "its 232 yrs since we kicked YOUR sorry ass's home" or "YOU enslaved our people", "Hows YOUR empire now?", "YOUR long ball game got YOU what YOU deserve!", "Get out of Ireland"... I'm not in Ireland!

I'm sorry, my possible ancestors wronged your possible ancestor's? possibly. I just live here bro's :)

I'm not sure of the exact percentages to be honest; though if it is 10% I'm still not altering my numbers as you can get people who are gay and muppets ;)

I agree. Personally I think it's people who like feeling sorry for themselves that do the above. I'm amused at the general anti-English feeling still in my homeland of Wales; I don't get it; no-one can remember the English being mean!

Also I thought it was real special when Bristol apologised for the slave trade; but the Government still won't admit or apologise that Iraq was a rushed war, for incorrect reasons.

I'm sorry for you, Aash. And I'm trying to be as cautious as possible as I don't know your fully story, but I believe it's all about timing. People tend to not explicit demonstrate their feelings - and I'm not talking solely about guys here - and the "other part" may not always get what the first person actually feels, if you understand me so far. If everyone was at least a little more honest with their feelings, then perhaps we would have less cases like that.

Unless we put that guy on one of J7's cathegories I quoted under.

Most of my best mates are girls; I normally remark to them that 95% if guys are a***holes and the other 5% are gay.

You're doing a favor to humanity. And you can lump me on the @**hole category, by the way. :xp:

I hope you're not forgetting that 95% of all women are bitches and the 5% who aren't already have boyfriends.

=)

They're both true. ;)

Ah, the string-along game. This one never gets old. Both genders are guilty of this kind of parasitic behavior. Life would be so much better if people would stop being emotional vampires and using others for toilet paper.

I'm not a ***** and *I* dont' have a boyfriend. :xp:

Ah yes, there are exceptions of course. =P

They're both true. ;)

Ah, the string-along game. This one never gets old. Both genders are guilty of this kind of parasitic behavior. Life would be so much better if people would stop being emotional vampires and using others for toilet paper.

I agree.

I've found that the generalization about men is much more true than the generalization about women

Agreed.

I hope you're not forgetting that 95% of all women are bitches and the 5% who aren't already have boyfriends.

Disagree myself, I know a lot of nice woman, don't know many nice men; most of then guys I know are boys.

Both genders are guilty of this kind of parasitic behavior. Life would be so much better if people would stop being emotional vampires and using others for toilet paper.

Agreed.

So you're talking to this person for over a week, things seem like they could be going well. You're thinking I could really go for this person, and they are acting the same way. And then after a while they call you up or email you and say, I'm actually involved with someone, and it's getting pretty serious... And before that, they are like I'm all for honesty and communication. Like hell you are...

If you want revenge and to teach the person a lesson, contact the other person they are involved with and explain this to them. A girl did this to me when I was in high school and it worked as I never got involved with two people at the same time again. If it makes you feel any better after a year dating my choice, I realized I made a mistake and that I’m a terrible judge of character.

A 'Friend' will call you in jail. A 'Good Friend' will visit you. A VERY GOOD Friend will be sitting on the bench next to you, saying "Dude! That was AWESOME!"

Fixed.

A best friend is the one that warned you against doing anything so stupid to get arrested, but still bails you out of jail.

Archived