Home

GF Half-Life 2 Mod - Needs Your Help

James Isaac

After a long break with everyone being too busy to do any work on the mod, we're making a final attempt to continue where we left off.

The reason it didn't really work last time is that there were only 4 or 5 of us actively doing anyway, so everything was just moving too slowly. If we're going to be able to make this work, we need more enthusiastic people

Fortunately everyone who was originally helping is still interested, so now we're just looking for more help. If you'd like to help, we're looking for anyone...

-Modellers

-Mappers

-Texture artists

-Programmers

-Designers

If you're intersted or have any questions, reply here, send me a PM, or email me.

Here are some very old and outdated screenshots:

concept.giflobby_back.giflobby_front.gifrpg.gifscythe.gif

For people who would like to join, but have next to zero modding experience, what resources or guides would you recommend we first start reading to gain the skills you need? What projects are available for beginners or novices to start out on? What tool chest of software would you suggest we build to take on the jobs you'd assign to us?

You might went to check out MapCore if you're looking for help — we have a non-professional recruitment forum that's designed for finding people to help out with mods. There's a professional version too if you happen to be interested in the field professionally. ;)

Thanks, I'll try there :)

is there more new stuff ? You´ve gotten some nice details in there, but I would like to see more. I am curious...

To be honest we don't have much new material to show. Any material we do have apart from some new concept art is from last time we were working on a mod (a few months ago), but that was with a small team so the progress was very slow.

We've got a few maps with custom textures/props, a few kind of animated weapons, some concept art/model sheets and a few other bits and pieces, but that's all really.

If we could get a team of a couple of modellers, mappers and designers, it would be a lot easier to make progress. If you would be interested in helping with the modelling the project would be saved for sure :xp:

It looks like Blender is actually the best choice for modelling on the Source engine - it's pretty much as powerful as Maya, free, easier to learn and easier to export to the Source engine with.

We really do need more modellers/mappers at the moment if this is going to start moving though.

I have 3dsMax. Though am still a learner in modeling and need a ton of experience before I even think of working on a mod.

Anyway this is very good news. I hope this doesn't go the Duke Nukem forever way and just get delayed for a really long time before the developers actually get up and do something

Anyway this is very good news. I hope this doesn't go the Duke Nukem forever way and just get delayed for a really long time before the developers actually get up and do something

Unfortunately it looks at the moment like that's probably what will happen because we can't get enough mappers/modellers :/

Unfortunately it looks at the moment like that's probably what will happen because we can't get enough mappers/modellers :/

Well Like I said I have 3DsMax. I would want to help you on this mod. However I am still learning and would actually need someone guiding me through using 3dsmax. Since every tutorial I have read just gets more confusing.

• 3 months later...

Seeing as this thread has been bumped I might as well post an update.

Thanks to a sudden increase over the past few weeks in the amount of people interested in helping, we are now working on the mod again :).

I would like to help in the designer department, what is needed there?

We only have one designer at the moment (concept art), so you can help in any way you want - maybe story, concept art, puzzles etc. Send me a PM if you're interested :)

• 1 month later...

Just one question about the mod:

What exactly is it going to be?

like is it a team based sprouting thing like rebels against hector's agents, or is it going to be something story driven in the GF universe, or is it just GF from a 1st person perspective?

Well good luck!

Hi James and anyone else involved.

I signed up for forum rights just to discuss this idea here.

Am I to understand you are working on programing further adventures in the GF world?

I am an avid GF fan, a one time video game nut. ( But that was when Karnov on my Commodore 64 was a big deal )

More importantly I am a writer and a musician and would love to contribute in anyway possible to new works in the GF Universe.

Please Sign Me up

-Professor Anarchy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
More importantly I am a writer and a musician and would love to contribute in anyway possible to new works in the GF Universe.

-Professor Anarchy

ooo, we could have original composed bebop music in the mod? If you get a chance post some samples, even if it's just in sheet music form!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, im an big Grim Fandango fan, and have just found this website, and read this thread. I am a programmer and willing to help out in anyway possible for this little project. Is there still room available for help?

Archived