Home

Scrapyard Games a TSL mod

Quanon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart move. ;)

GM is stuffed with it :lol:

Whiched I could borrow his brain now and then.

Well a mini-update, I've started to render shots for the landing/ take off scénes.

I've got one shot which I like, its short, but already it took my PC 2 hrs and half to render it. It was +- 75Mb in Avi format, after using Radtools to make a .bik it was 4Mb.

Here's a link if you want to see it:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

th_scrapland.jpg

It's getting .bik movies now!

Wow, Quanon you really are putting a lot of the neat stuff into this mod, i'll definately give it a spin (although i hope it doesn't detract too much from Kotor and SW, but i suppose that doesn't even really matter).

Say Quanon, what ever did happen to that Temple thingy of yours - just curious is all. :)

Well it is a bit against the spirit of TSL.

This just made for fun really: no quests and such, just an arena with some nice stuff around it, to dress it up properly :lol:

Lighthearted it is.

You mean that old temple I once made for K1 ?

Well thats like collecting dust on my exteriour HD: IIRC I send a copy to DI as he was interested in using it.

The landing video looks very nice Q! Is it me or your movie is a much better resolution than the normal bik movies?

Hmmm, its not the same quality as what Obsidian has done render option wize I bet :p

The resolution for this clip was 640x480, was planning on doing 800x600.

I actually did one, but I screwed it up in the compression options somewhere o_Q

It took 3 hours to render and it was absolute crap...

Anyway DSTONEY was so nice to send his model of the Hawk with working gears :p

Plus the 2 clips I've done so far go to fast, so I'll need to change the timing and all.

Well its going to be my job for the weekend to get this done.

Thats the spirit :D Actually I think it was quite good.

The landing video is awesome! Sure, I agree that it's too fast, but once it's slowed down it should be perfect.

Don't worry, things have been re-done so far and its somewhat slower :)

If things go OK, I should be able to show you guys a complete landing sequence to night ;)

EDIT: Landing

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

th_LandingSequence01.jpg

Well I figured I should post an update and get people excited :p Otherwise I'll end up forgetting and we'll never release this mod. :lol:

As far as things that need doing, there is just a few final touches to the Arena to do, something that has been concerning us is that the battles will be too easy considering you all cheat and are level 50 and have super force powers and weapons that kill instantly -.- Well you think that will help you here! (Muahahahaa.) I've been trying to get the bosses to be _bosses_ in the sence that it will probably take some thinking rather than sitting there hitting the flurry button for a few minutes.

All the bosses are pretty unique, rather than just throwing you in there with an NPC with a few good stats I've tryed hard to make them awesome at the cost of how many there are, we've decided that 3 awesome bosses would be far better than 1000 random wanna be's. You know, like every other boss in the game.

A few more VO's need to be done, we've been using sound synthesising programs to generate the voices and used a bit of sound editing. It fits the banged up aesthetic we were intitally going for; hence "Scrapyard Games" ;)

Finally we are sorting out the rewards that you can buy from the store we are setting up. In addition to the awesome weapons that Quanon makes I've also been contributing with what I do best :) Quanon has made the awesome masks as he's shown above in addition to some amazing guns, the eye candy which we figured is what makes most mods now appealing.

I've added an armband that allows you to drop a marker on the floor, in any module, and then when the armband is activated again it will teleport you back to that marker and continue doing so until you pick the marker up; the marker can be found on the minimap of what ever module you drop it in. There is however, a problem that occured to me when I was thinking of the idea; the armband has the potential to mess up scripted events in the game, we are still going to include it in the mod however we advise that anyone using it is careful.

Anyway, hopefully we can work out the last bits in a few weeks. Until then we'll try and post a few more screenys to get you all even more interested :lol:

something that has been concerning us is that the battles will be too easy considering you all cheat and are level 50 and have super force powers and weapons that kill instantly

Good Move, on my first playthrough I did stuff like that:D but I realized the next time it was more fun without cheats.(and they weren't working:xp: but even now that it is fixed I'm still not using them except for whereami and warp)

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite parts about this mod - oddly enough - is the mechanism to introduce the player to it in the first place: use of the holo-table. I always thought the Galaxy Map should have been located there - perhaps even changing the holo-placeable picture above depending on which planet you visit and so on. I hope other mods that add planets will consider changing the placeable like you've thought of.

(That might even be a good idea for a mod in and of itself . . . but back to the subject at hand! )

Anyway, I know both of you are busy both on other mods and in real life - the dreaded "RL" - but I'm glad this mod will eventually see the light of day. I'd rather play mods like these and good restorations than shell out bucks for an unsatisfactory MMO.

Interesting you should say that, the table was actually derived from an early attempt that Quanon and myself made at creating a more compatible galaxy map making use of the table, at the time we had some success; a placeable was created for the projection of the galaxy map and the system its self was also dialog controlled. I had wanted to look into the possibilty of animated cameras but I've lost AniCam :lol:

The mod itself, was technically possible, after a ramble with DI about it I actually managed to work out a way to perfect the mod, a system that would have been as simple as dropping files into the Override and they would appear on the galaxy map; though it requires a vast amount of work, something I never had the time to put into it. Eventually we decided to make use of the projector for our own mods, assuming we will make any more in the future.

Perhaps we will resume creating the mod, the projector itself will be released seperate from Scrapyard Games, but will require the projector to work. This way we can just update the projector to v1.1 and so on as mods are added to it.

Interesting you should say that, the table was actually derived from an early attempt that Quanon and myself made at creating a more compatible galaxy map making use of the table, at the time we had some success; a placeable was created for the projection of the galaxy map and the system its self was also dialog controlled. I had wanted to look into the possibilty of animated cameras but I've lost AniCam :lol:

The mod itself, was technically possible, after a ramble with DI about it I actually managed to work out a way to perfect the mod, a system that would have been as simple as dropping files into the Override and they would appear on the galaxy map; though it requires a vast amount of work, something I never had the time to put into it. Eventually we decided to make use of the projector for our own mods, assuming we will make any more in the future.

Perhaps we will resume creating the mod, the projector itself will be released seperate from Scrapyard Games, but will require the projector to work. This way we can just update the projector to v1.1 and so on as mods are added to it.

Sounds Interesting. My way around was add a planet(Ansion), use a quest that unlocks the other planet mods I make(Ryloth is the first one) then as you board the Ebon Hawk when unlocked, it will ask you:

Board Ebon Hawk Normally

Fly To <Planet Name>

Yours sounds cooler.

Archived