Home

James Earl-Jones?

I wouldn't complain if I were you, Ronin (if that is what you're doing). Vader speaks several times in the preview videos, and as far as I ςan tell they got a pretty convincing Vader. I find that very impressive, because the voice actors they've been getting for movie characters in their games for the past several years have almost universally been terrible (Luke Skywalker in Jedi Outcast, everyone in Galactic Battlegrounds, etc).

The thing you have to realize is that it's more important that they get someone who suits the character well, not necessarily the original voice actor. A good example of this is the dude who voices Palpatine in TIE Fighter. He didn't really sound much like Palpatine from any of the movies, but his voice worked well for the character. The same applied for Darth Vader in the FPS Dark Forces and a few other games from that era as well.

I dunno, not so sure about Chad Vader. His voice almost sounds a little cliched, if that's at all possible, with his "You have done well.......... my........ apprentice." The apprentice bit paused for dramatic effect and all. Jones wouldn't have emphasised it as much, making it seem more original and less of a marketing ploy.

I wouldn't complain if I were you, Ronin (if that is what you're doing). Vader speaks several times in the preview videos, and as far as I ςan tell they got a pretty convincing Vader. I find that very impressive, because the voice actors they've been getting for movie characters in their games for the past several years have almost universally been terrible (Luke Skywalker in Jedi Outcast, everyone in Galactic Battlegrounds, etc).

The thing you have to realize is that it's more important that they get someone who suits the character well, not necessarily the original voice actor. A good example of this is the dude who voices Palpatine in TIE Fighter. He didn't really sound much like Palpatine from any of the movies, but his voice worked well for the character. The same applied for Darth Vader in the FPS Dark Forces and a few other games from that era as well.

I wasn't really complaining, I was just curious at first who was voicing Vader and when I found out it wasn't James Earl-Jones I said bummer because I hadn't heard him speak in any of the trailers, so I didnt know whether he sounded good or bad but I did later watch one with the new voice actor and he does sound very good.

Archived