Home

Requesting code additions for effect/sound/model options

I've been working on the effects, sounds and models for OJP Enhanced quite a while now, and here is the current version of the mod: OJP UltimateWeapons v.1.2

Apart from improving the mod, I've also added some things that requires some code additions. Here's a list:

• Dual pistols left hand model: I've made a left handed model for the DL-44 to use for the dual pistols. 'Tis found in models/weapons2/blaster_pistol/blaster_pistol_dual.md3
  • LOD Effect: The impact and explosion effects now have got low quality versions, named [fxname]_1.efx (like the model LOD support). The idea is that you should be able to switch quality in the 'More Video' menu. This removes/cancels all the currently spawned effects/sprites and forces the game to use the *_1.efx effects instead. Good if you found out that the smoke effects makes the map laggy or of you just want a little difference.
  • Two different saber sound styles: In the sound menu you should decide what style you want to use for the saber sounds - in the current build of my mod the original saber sounds (those in the sound/weapons/saber folder) are from Ep1-3. In a /saber2 folder there are sounds that replaces the swings with those from Ep4-6.
  • Add shield hit sounds: I've included 6 shield hit sounds with the mod, to be played when your personal shield is damaged. Just for a little difference to the regular flesh impact sounds.
  • Force Lightning loop sound: The lighting2.wav sound sound be looped when using Lighting, as 'tis done in SP.
  • Force Lighting chain fx: I've made a lighting_chain.efx effect that is supposed to be played between user and victim of Force Lighting when there is a clear contact. It's basicly a lighting effect without the 'smaller beam the further out it goes' and with an impact effect added at the end.
  • Generic Force sound: In the Force sound folder there is a telekinesis.wav loop sound, the famous 'Force Rumble'. I intended that this should be played when:
    - Lifting someone with Grip/TK
    - While a pulled object/person is moving towards you.
    - When ascending with Force Jump
    - When using Force Fall
  • Saber lock sound: In the saber sound folder there is a saberlock.wav sound. I intended that this should be looped when engaged in a saber lock.

I think that's pretty much what I've done that requires code changes. Now download the mod, replace the stances with Tangexe's stances if you'd like to (I don't include his stances due to the file size, otherwise they're great!).

I'll probably post some videos here sooner, showing the difference between the saber sound style and high/low quality effects.

A lot of this seems to be from other mods?

I know that the Force rumble sound and the LOD effects are used in MB2. But I guess it makes sense as a lot of your effects are too. I suggest you actually get in touch with the OJP team on a more personal level before you start working on these things, because most of these bases are already covered.

Hey, can you please stop complaining about me taking thing directly from other mods?!

Yes, the LOD Effects system idea is from MBII, but if you really need to know, I've got an archive with thousands of sound effects. Plus that I'm a pretty good modeller, and a really good effects artist.

On a more personal level, are you thinking 'bout MSN then?

did you get permission from the authors of the mods you took from in the first place, or are you just plagerizing(Sp?)? and really man its getting annoying that you keep posting about how great your mod is in just about every topic. really no one cares. if you really want to help the mod out, talk to the team about what you can do instead of going around thinking you know whats best.

Archived