Home

Which Council Member?

Which is your favorite?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

You mean the attitude o f the council members, right? Well, all of the members (at least Zez and Kavar) seemed to realize that the exile was stronger then them individually. Kavar used the exile to help him beat Vaklu (LS). I voted for Kavar too. They felt the exile was a threat but were not beneath using him/her to accomplish their goals. What sudden moment are you reffering to?

~HOP

Upon facing them on Dantooine, the council seemed characteristically different. Kavar and Zez were so supportive on NarShaddaa and Onderon. Facing them on Dantooine seemed almost sithish. :( I was hoping for one of them to turn and help. No one came to your defence. :(

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I really think my interpretation of Atris is pretty generous after viewing this thread... :lol: And I still find her an arrogant, half-crazy not-Jedi. Call me crazy, but I don't dislike Vrook. I definitely do not like him at all, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He's one of those tough military-style instructers who has everyone of his students having their most enjoyable darkside fantasy being killing him, but when a battle goes to hell, they probably thank him for being hard on them... as corny as that sounds. Even in the game, when the Council resentences the Exile to... exile, the player doesn't take it as hard as when Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell agree to it.

Speaking of Kavar... why is he so loved? I mean, he is definitely one of the more active Council members, he acted nicely enough to the Exile (nothing compared to Vash in cut content obviously), and appreciated their help, but in the end... back-stab! :confused: When did he become so lovable? I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out there. :xp:

Although all of these beings were flawed, some ticked me off more than others. *sigh* Would that hypocrites realize their ways? TKA-001 really summed it all up. :D

Upon facing them on Dantooine, the council seemed characteristically different. Kavar and Zez were so supportive on NarShaddaa and Onderon. Facing them on Dantooine seemed almost sithish. :( I was hoping for one of them to turn and help. No one came to your defence. :(

True, they did. I think Vrook was to blame but apparently others dissagree. Part of it could be what I said earlier. They all knew the exile was stronger than them individually and knew they would not beat him/her alone...with two others on their side, perhaps they saw their chance to finish off the exile. Thats the only plausible thing I can think of.

Still, Zez acted like he would not drain the exile given the chance on NS...very strange indeed.

@luckyariot: Oh, yes, DY and myself especially loath her. I was even going to form a social group called the "We Hate Atris Club" :xp:

~HOP

Call me crazy, but I don't dislike Vrook. I definitely do not like him at all, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He's one of those tough military-style instructers who has everyone of his students having their most enjoyable darkside fantasy being killing him, but when a battle goes to hell, they probably thank him for being hard on them... as corny as that sounds. Even in the game, when the Council resentences the Exile to... exile, the player doesn't take it as hard as when Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell agree to it.

QFT. He is the most sincere of all the masters because he doesn't try to hide his feelings at people or situations he disapproves.

QFT. He is the most sincere of all the masters because he doesn't try to hide his feelings at people or situations he disapproves.

Quite true. I don't like Vrook, since he dislikes me. But as Ctrl Alt Del said, at least he is honest. If you are a dark exile, his fears make a lot of sense...if you are LS they still make aq lot of sense, though I think he let them blind him to the real truth.

@Rev: perhaps I will, now that you mention it...

~HOP

I like Vandar, aka "Not-Yoda." He's pretty cool. Not happy how they just casually killed him off in passing conversation regarding the catastrophe on Katar. I didn't really care much about Dorak and Zhar, but Vandar is such a great character that writing him off so easily is just a sin. He needs to be discovered alive in the next installment. He just has to be alive. If he isn't, then that's a pretty terrible waste of a good character. At least let him go out in a blaze of glory.

Kavar is overrated. I can't see the appeal whatsoever. He strikes me as boring and uninteresting; and his voice actor's terrible acting skills certainly don't help much. The guy is incredibly monotonous and conveys no emotions whatsoever. When the Exile is about to kill him when playing the dark side, Kavar just speaks to her in his usual droll physics professor tone. He's just a step up from Zez-Kai-Ell, in my opinion.

The Sith Lords didn't have any good Jedi Masters at all, other than Vrook. As much as I think Vrook is a complete bunghole, I agree with Luckyariot. He's a very good character, believable, and is probably the most realistic out of all the Jedi Masters in both games. Dorak and Zhar are all right; Atris, Vash, Kavar and Zez-Kai-Ell are terrible.

I never liked vrook. He was honest, and that crochety old man in the corner. But I'd bet good money that he had to master the light saber before any of the other masters because so many of his padawans tried to kill him.

And I was boerd yesterday, so I was thinking. In episodes 2 and 3 (the movies), I could see why anakin fell. If you watched Obi-Wan talk to him, he was constantly putting him down. When he was on the droid planet in ep2 for ex (first introduction of the clone troopers), instead of saying "nice shot anikan" obiwan had to remind anakin that he was the inferior one, so said "nice shot, my yong aprentice". This probobly made Anakin feel like he couldn't have done it w/out Obi-Wan's help. There are numerous other examples of this in the movies. :xp:

my fave was vandar. he was so nice, and i bet, like yoda hes the most powerful of the lot. (lifespan of hundreds of years)

then it was between masters ell and kavar. ze-kai was nice, and was actually humble like jedi are supposed to be. and kavar was 'da man'.

i cant choose between the two.

worst:

vrook. he was so annoying and crabby.

and of course ATRIS. aaargh!! i just want to give her a slap!

atris=beyaaaaatch! :lol:

oh wow.

is there actually a 'we hate atris' club? if there is where do i join? (i just joined lf and im findin my way round the UI)

if its not there someone should totally make one!

(on a completely different tangent)

i saw the youtube vid of lonna vash and just realised... that voice... thats gotta be kath soucie! (tavion from JA. i hate her too. ugh. so lame)

Atris: Geez...issues, much? Crazy, much? Repressed? You freaking bet. About the mildest comment I made was that she seriously needed to get laid.

Dorak: Somewhat dull, not terribly helpful. Just an exposition God.

Kavar: Interesting bloke. Actually doing his job. Hated to have to skewer the dude on my saber.

Vandar: Almost spilled the beans several times, and probably wanted to. I liked that he was charging in, shoulder to shoulder with Dodonna at the Star Forge brawl.

Vash: Woman in the Fridge, sadly. She actually seemed like she had potential.

Vrook: He was an ass. He needed to be an ass. Still, he typified most of the things I dislike about Jedi - hard adherence to dogma and hierarchy, at the expense of Living Force. He was ruled by his fear, both with Revan and with Exile, covering it with anger and hatred he denies to the hilt.

Zez-Kai Ell - Nice enough fellow, but he was a broken coward by the time we see him on Nar Shadaa.

Zhar - I voted for Zhar. It had to have sucked to get the short straw and end up retraining Revan. He seemed a good an honest fellow who believes and practices what he preaches.

Well stated Allronix

What is cool about Vandar? The only difference I see between him and Yoda is that he actually knows the language.

For me it has nothing to do with his species. It has to do the fact that he is the only you see actually battling evil.

Vash comes in a very close second for the way she is portrayed in Coruscant video and fact she tries to battle evil.

For me it has nothing to do with his species. It has to do the fact that he is the only you see actually battling evil.

I've written a list of what everything that Vandar does in both games.

1. Stand in the Jedi Enclave.

2. Stand on the bridge of the Republic flagship at the Battle of Rakata Prime.

3. Stand in front of the Rakatan temple on the surface with the other Jedi.

not in the movies. but she featured in one of the jedi quest books i think. read it ages ago. she sacrificed herself to save anakin... :anvil:

all the padawans knew her as she was 300-400 years old. (young thing:lol:)

she used to turn a blind eye to their pranks and stick sweets in their robes when they got them back from cleaning. :(

Yeah, I liked Yaddle... She did have Yoda-speak, by the way. :D

But Vandar wasn't really someone you can judge since you really don't see anything of a personality. His personality is a little more evident in the comics, but there he only suceeds in ticking me off when he couldn't find it in himself to believe that the Masters murdered their Padawans and not Zayne. He wouldn't even acknowledge the possibility for months! And he also told Zayne that it may all be his fault if he turned to the darkside and somehow doesn't remember it. Wow. Thanks for that, Master.

I really wish Vash had her role and dialouge back. She seemed a little more open-minded than some of the other masters in cut-content. In fact, looking at it, I'm suprised she didn't join Revan and Malak! Maybe she felt that the opinion of the rest of the Council overrode hers?

Archived