Home

Dragon Age

Pavlos

Source

BioWare's Dragon Age, an RPG which has been in development since the dawn of time, has just received a website facelift. There's nothing much there but you can take a look for yourself.

You know, I've seen video game and film teasers before but a teaser for a site is a new one.

Let the speculation begin!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BioWare's Dragon Age, an RPG which has been in development since the dawn of time, has just received a website facelift. There's nothing much there but you can take a look for yourself.

You know, I've seen video game and film teasers before but a teaser for a site is a new one.

It's been so long since they announced making that game... if I remember correctly (which I probably don't, since it's been so long) both Jade Empire and Mass Effect were first announced after Dragon Age was.

I had nearly subconsciously filed it as vaporware, sort of like Bioware's equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever. Good to see a sign that something still is happening with that game, even if it's a very minor sign so far. :)

We'll see what it brings within a few days. I'm still hopeful that this game will be of the same quality as BioWare's other games. Also, since I don't have much RPG's to look out for these days, Dragon Age ranks very high on my list.

Monkeyspanking. I've just started playing Mass Effect and now they tease me with this? Diablo 3 is coming, Guild Wars 2 is coming, I'm on the brink of playing WoW again...where can a man find the time to play all these RPG's? :confused:

I've been waiting for this game forever...
Me too. And the little info they released sounds wonderful

Depending on your race, you can choose diffrent social classes, like if you were just a normal worker or maybe a lord or something like that. And that will change your whole start experince.

It's been so long since they announced making that game... if I remember correctly (which I probably don't, since it's been so long) both Jade Empire and Mass Effect were first announced after Dragon Age was.

You are correct young lady.

I had nearly subconsciously filed it as vaporware, sort of like Bioware's equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever. Good to see a sign that something still is happening with that game, even if it's a very minor sign so far. :)

I never thought it might be vaporware. However even with reading the Bioware forums I am still getting impatient for new information.

Source

BioWare's first Dragon Age trailer has been released on Gametrailers, featuring some dude called "Your Majesty" who, judging by the accent, seems to have been educated at Snooty College, Oxford.

At around 30 seconds in length, the trailer uses the game's engine but aside from telling us that the graphics look nice (and that "Your Majesty" plays so much WoW that he's chosen his shoulder guards based on how big they are) it does little else. We still have no clues as to how gameplay will work... what's the point in a trailer that doesn't show you any gameplay?

Im so under-enthused about this game that I had completely forgotten about it, and had written it off as vaporware long ago. Until last night when a friend linked the trailer to me... Im still not impressed.

Also, wheres the dragons? Those monsters in the video dont even come close to being dragons!

Just to expand on Arátoeldar's news:

Source

IGN have just uploaded literally five new screens (I can barely contain my excitement, to be honest) from Dragon Age: Origins.

While there is a disappointing lack of "Your Majesty" and his over-sized shoulder guards, one screen gives us our first proper glimpse of Dragon Age's -- apparently very Baldur's Gate-esque -- gameplay.

Looks promising but we can't really tell that much from a still shot.

Source

BioWare have released another trailer for Dragon Age: Origins, the game billed as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. Members of the BioWare community can also download the old trailers and grab two new desktop wallpapers from the Dragon Age gallery.

"BioWare Community members: check the new Dragon Age: Origins website for a pair of videos recently released on Spike TV and GameTrailers.com. The vids are nearly identical with one interesting exception. Can you spot the difference?"

I gather from this and the differences between trailers one and two that the two -- almost identical -- videos are designed to demonstrate the way in which your decisions (in this case, whether or not to send in your hounds before letting the arrows fly) can impact the progression of Dragon Age's plot. Your thoughts?

I guess what we're all wondering is: Where are the dragons? :xp:

Archived