Home

Dragon Age

Pavlos

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, Bioware's been talking about this game since the release of Baldur's Gate. :xp:For you infidels who don't know, that was like, ten years ago.

Well, maybe not that long. Then again, maybe that long. :giveup:

Gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36932.html

I actualy are a little disapointed on how it seems to play. But it's probaly early build and the characthers aint that high level i think. Maybe will look funnier later on, but since it's Bioware i have faith in them ^^

Edit: But the killingblow at the end looked kind of cool

All of the Jeniffer Hale stalkers will love this game. :lol:

Monkeyspanking. I've just started playing Mass Effect and now they tease me with this? Diablo 3 is coming, Guild Wars 2 is coming, I'm on the brink of playing WoW again...where can a man find the time to play all these RPG's? :confused:

I feel your pain. I was totally hyped up for Diablo 3 when I heard it announced (not to mention Force Unleashed too).. and now this! Arrrghh.. I have been waiting on this game for "Ages"... Dragon even.. hehe

Source

In an interview of just under six and a half minutes, Project Director Dan Tudge answers a few general questions for BioWare's first Dragon Age podcast.

The interview covers subjects from what 'spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate' actually means (incidentally, most of the Dragon Age team worked on Baldur's Gate) to how the game's combat and gameplay mechanics will work.

Interviewer: ... what has taken this long?

Tudge: BioWare has always been known for its high quality standards. We have always taken the time that it needs to make sure that we exceed the fans' exepectations.

There's some interesting stuff in there and it's well worth the listen.

Source

Gamespot, IGN, 1UP, and GameSpy have all run articles on their impressions of BioWare's Dragon Age as of E3 2008 detailing information on combat to the game's dialogue system (more KotOR than Mass Effect, according to IGN).

The combat system looks like a close-up Baldur's Gate style of combat, as you can pause the game at any time, give orders, and then unpause the game and watch the action unfold. What's important is using tactics. In this case, a shield bash to stun an opponent and then toggling assault, which orders up four rapid sword strikes. Magic effects the environment, so the heroes rushed into a trap with the floor covered in grease and the enemy lit it with fire. The elf magic user used a blizzard spell to extinguish the blaze. It's important to use teamwork and coordinate attacks, so you'll use pause-and-play quite a bit, just like in Baldur's Gate.

• 4 weeks later...

Source

BioWare have just confirmed the existence of a toolset for their latest fantasy RPG, Dragon Age. While the developers cannot confirm or deny every question fans have, Scott Meadows (senior programmer) is throwing us a few scraps over on the BioBoards.

There are no wizards, in the vien [sic] of NWN style, at this point in time.

That is to not say we won't do any in the future.

And it doesn't mean that you have to set every little thing before you can test out the area either.

There is a silence from developers on the matter of area creation which is rather odd as I would have thought it to be a selling point, unless (of course) the areas are pre-rendered as in The Witcher by CD Projekt Red.

There is a silence from developers on the matter of area creation which is rather odd as I would have thought it to be a selling point, unless (of course) the areas are pre-rendered as in The Witcher by CD Projekt Red.

I hope areas are not pre-rendered. That would severely cut down on any 3rd party content mods.

Source

Featuring the return of "Your Majesty" (a man who sounds increasingly like a children's television presenter who's just been told he's being made redundant), this new video of BioWare's latest fantasy RPG Dragon Age stands at around five minutes in length, showing off the game's dialogue for the first time. Spoiler warning.

DragonAgeplastic.jpg

The dialogue seems to have all the charm of Ayn Rand attempting to channel Christopher Marlowe after a late night at The Fox and Hound if you ask me. But it's BioWare and their cheese is normally good... even if it does smell a bit.

• 3 months later...

Source

Gamespot has run an interview with Dan Tudge, the executive producer for BioWare's new fantasy RPG, Dragon Age. The article details the personalities, motives, and characters that lie behind the pixels we've seen thus far and, as such, may contain spoilers.

I won't ruin it by revealing all of the characters you can invite to join your party, but I will tell you that you'll have a great selection of them to choose from. Each one will have their own unique abilities, behaviors, and personal agendas, so it's completely up to you how you want to compose your party. You can pick them strategically, depending on the scenario you're preparing for, but sometimes it's just fun to mix characters just to see how they interact with each other.

DT: Party interaction is one of the best parts of Dragon Age: Origins, much like it was in Baldur's Gate. The party approval system is something new we're introducing in Dragon Age: Origins, and it influences how your party members react to your decisions and behave towards you. Each character has their own personal motivations and moral code, so if you do things they don't like, they could leave your party, or even turn on you. On the other hand, if you gain favor with them, you could get special bonuses or certain other perks, which you'll discover.

:shades2::bored:tastic

• 1 month later...
We wanted to give the community a heads-up on a recent decision to move the launch of Dragon Age: Origins for the PC to the last half of 2009. That’s a change from the previously announced date of March 2009.

Why is this happening? Both EA and BioWare are really excited about the potential of the game on both PC and consoles and we want to ensure we deliver a blockbuster, AAA BioWare-quality title - as the game is shaping up so well already. An incredible amount of time and effort has gone into Dragon Age: Origins and this extra time will ensure we deliver the quality kind of launch you have come to expect from our games.

At BioWare, our fans and community have always been top priority, so we wanted to you to hear this news from us first. Please discuss this topic here: Click Here.

I have heard two rumors for the reason of the delay. The first being consolization of the game. Secondly that until 6 months ago the the game was being developed by inexperienced people.

{snip} * Edit: PCGamer has an interesting article about the game in its March 2009 edition

* as interesting as it is, this is copyrighted material ;)

I have heard two rumors for the reason of the delay. The first being consolization of the game. Secondly that until 6 months ago the the game was being developed by inexperienced people.
Not too surprising. EA was the obvious pusher for this decision, though I wouldn't be surprised if EA's "magic" rubbed off on BioWare. PC exclusive or not, this game looked like a waste of my time in the first place.

Now, if you excuse me, BioWare, I'll be standing by Obsidian, waiting for Alpha Protocol and Aliens. :carms:

I find it ironic as all hell for the delay. BioWare didn't do KotOR II or NwN II because they wanted to do their own IPs. The biggest reason for this was complete control over the IP. Yet John "I won't mess with Bioware" Riccitiello has stated the reason for the delay is simulation release of the PC & console versions of the game. Marketing in a pigs eye. :rolleyes:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57070

• 2 weeks later...

Archived