Home

Dragon Age

Pavlos

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a nice, handy list of DA: O savefiles? I am going absolutely INSANE in the "Lost in Dreams" section and want to start where that quest is already completed.

What problems do you have with that quest? I thought it was a pretty fun part (but then I seem to enjoy the quests that everyone else hate for some reason :¬:).

If you really must bypass it (which will leave your character weaker since you miss out on all the stat boost thingies sprinked all over the Fade, and miss some insights into the background or personality of your party members) and play the PC version you can probably use the debug console to skip ahead. Type in

runscript zz_cir_debug

in the console and it should start a dialog with various options such as setting plots and teleporting around. :)

I have a thing for ginger girls with french accents and bob hairdos :thmbup1: I loved it when she sang a song for my femcousland. She also is pretty compassionate, despite the shoe thing, which I admire in anyone, pixellated or not.

Leliana was modelled on US fashion model Alex "AlleyKatze" Stein

*Nice pic*

mtfbwya

Awesome. 13/10. Too bad she doesn't look like that in-game.

Heared there was a mod out there that tweaked the party member faces a bit to reflect the CGI shots and actors looks more.

Does anyone have a nice, handy list of DA: O savefiles? I am going absolutely INSANE in the "Lost in Dreams" section and want to start where that quest is already completed.

Thanks!

I'd just go to a site or book with a DA walkthrough (e.g. gamefaqs, gamebanshee) and get some hints there. The stat boosts are definitely worth the time spent, and the fade has some very interesting features that you won't see anywhere else.

Thanks!

If you're talking about the Fade "chapter" (a well thought name for an oh so boring chapter)...then check this mod (untested by me as I still had the patience - or maybe I was just insane - to go through "the Fade" the last time I played :p )

A new DLC was released recently. About two days ago actually -- May 18th to be more precise.

Source

I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins for a quite some time now. I pretty much stopped play when Mass Effect 2 came out, and I'm not sure if I want to go back to the land of Ferelden again.

^^Don't you mean it's supposed to be dark, gritty and mature? Like sex with clothes on. :carms:

Wait...what? :raise:

OT: Bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently playing through DA one more time with a human noble duel-wielder to finish it the best way possible. And then load it all into Awakening.

Any suggestions for the next play-through? Friend of mine suggested mage, since their story is much different....I like the dwarfs too though!

A new DLC was released recently. About two days ago actually -- May 18th to be more precise.

Hmm, seems to be mostly hack and slash with little in the way of dialog, lasting 1-2 hours from what I've been able to determine. Perhaps unsurprising since the Darkspawn aren't famous for their conversational skills and social graces, but still...

It's the Battle of Denerim played from the Darkspawns' perspective under the premise what would happen if your PC died during their Joining and Alistair was the sole remaining Grey Warden in Ferelden?.

Can't say I feel overly thrilled to play as some pre-generated Darkspawn character with a fixed appearance and skill set. Half the fun in these games is building and developing your character. :raise:

OT: Bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently playing through DA one more time with a human noble duel-wielder to finish it the best way possible. And then load it all into Awakening.

Any suggestions for the next play-through? Friend of mine suggested mage, since their story is much different....I like the dwarfs too though!

Mage is fun to play as. A very versatile profession with lots of fun toys to play with. And you get the chance to handle the situation with Connor in Redcliffe personally. :) Only drawback is the really ugly mage robes in the game, but that can fortunately be fixed by picking the Arcane Warrior specialization and using armor instead. :)

apologies if this has already been mentioned:

For those that would like to get a DA fix whilst at work etc, the Dragon Age Journeys browser based flash game is not bad for a flash based effort. Apparently, you can unlock items which are transferable to DAO itself.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

mtfbwya

I just stumbled on this a little while ago. It's some DA machinima and it's of a pretty damn impressive quality. Shows what you can do with the DA toolset if you have enough skilled and talented people. It's called "Warden's Fall" and is a bridging story between the end of Origins and the beginning of Awakening, focusing on the Grey Warden Kristoff.

Spoiler warning for those who haven't finished both Origins and Awakening!

The first 3 episodes are up and available in 1080p:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVTl2ii8BM

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbC6NoBt1dg

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhLNp10AZM

An announcement from Bioware. Seems that ME isn't their only IP getting the movie treatment:

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. - BioWare, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) studio and FUNimation Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, announced today an agreement to create an anime feature film adapted from BioWare's critically-acclaimed fantasy Action RPG franchise Dragon Age. Production of the Dragon Age anime movie is slated to begin in May 2010, with a home video release in 2011. Executive producing the film are Bioware's Executive Producer Mark Darrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation's Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.

"Anime is a great medium for us to continue the robust Dragon Age story," said Mark Darrah, Executive Producer for the Dragon Age franchise. "Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we are delivering the exceptional quality and entertainment value that our Dragon Age fans expect."

"We are thrilled to be working with EA and BioWare on the production of the Dragon Age anime feature," said Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO of FUNimation. "We are going to be bringing the classic visual and storytelling techniques found in anime to create a film that will extend the narrative of the world BioWare has created."

Dragon Age has been selected as the first title in FUNimation's slate of major anime movies to be developed through FUNimation's Original Entertainment team since the announcement of the company's co-production initiative in November 2009.

When originally released in 2009, Dragon Age: Origins won over 30 critics awards and was named "RPG of the Year" by the Academy of Arts and Interactive Sciences, Game Informer, G4, SpikeTV, and PC Gamer. Seth Schiesel of The New York Times described the game as "...perhaps the best electronic game made yet."

For more information on Dragon Age, please visit http://dragonage.bioware.com/.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS, EA, EA Mobile and POGO. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is http://www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

About FUNimation Entertainment

FUNimation Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, is the leading company for Japanese animation in the United States. FUNimation is known for acquiring top-rated anime series from Japan and for being the market share leader for home video sales of anime in the United States. The company has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of rights for most of its brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution.

About Navarre Corporation

Navarre Corporation (Nasdaq: NAVR)(News) is a publisher and distributer of computer software, home entertainment media and related products. The company produces anim? video through its FUNimation Entertainment subsidiary and publishes computer software in its Encore subsidiary. Navarre Distribution Services provides complete distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) services to North American retailers and their suppliers. Navarre was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Additional information can be found at http://www.navarre.com.

An announcement from Bioware. Seems that ME isn't their only IP getting the movie treatment:

I wish they'd spend time patching their broken game instead of all that extra fluff. Since the 1.03/Awakening patch ÐA has been in a pretty sad state with constant crashes, broken pickpocketing, broken trap detection in Awakening, game-breaking bugs in the Awakening campaign etc. It's been months since release and no patch in sight. Seems like they can't even be bothered to release the latest toolset resources so players can fix the campaign/script bugs themselves.

Ðragon Age the game is starting to feel like abandonware at this point. :roleyess:

Archived