Home

Dragon Age

Pavlos

Depending on your level and difficulty setting, you'll blow through this in about 20 minutes. It uses four existing areas from Origins and one from Awakening. Morrigan gets maybe about a dozen or so lines and is in the game for all of 2-3 minutes right at the end. The conversation you have with her is very limited and then it simply ends. There's no wrap-up, not even a lame set of slides. You just get a credits roll and then get dumped back to the main menu. Deeply, deeply unsatisfying.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the big important issue is bugged badly if you don't use precisely the right savegame.

So much for 'Morrigan's Secrets Revealed' - just confirm what is already known/heavily hinted at, set up DA3, and as Darth Parametric said, straight to credits after another cliffhanger.

I dunno. It took me between 1.5 and 2 hours to finish it. It was decent enough, but the ending was more of an advertisement for DA2 than a wrap up of DA:O. Makes me wonder though,

what was the thing of interest to the Warden that Morrigan leaves behind?

On the plus side, this time around they didn't try to "sell" recycled areas as new ones, but rather made the Warden revisit old areas for a specific reason. Another plus is the party banther and references to Anders, which were very entertaining.

No, no,

it was that and something else of special interest to the Warden. There are two books there. I personally have no clue though - I saw some suggestion that it might be Flemeth's Grimoire, but seeing Morrigan was the only other one able to read that it seems unlikely. Maybe it's a copy of Mass Effect so the Warden can get used to the new style before DA3.

No, no,

it was that and something else of special interest to the Warden. There are two books there. I personally have no clue though - I saw some suggestion that it might be Flemeth's Grimoire, but seeing Morrigan was the only other one able to read that it seems unlikely. Maybe it's a copy of Mass Effect so the Warden can get used to the new style before DA3.

I lol'd at the picture of my warden playing mass effect 2 on an xbox 360 in the vigils keep throne room

No, no,

:rofl:

The way things are going

with the mirror-portals to another world, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one of those mirrors as an easter egg in ME3, or a part of Shepard's N7 armor in DA2.

great ending anyway. but it SHOULDN'T be ending. I have no care for Hawke. I want dragon age to be about MY warden...like mass effect is about shephard.

i love my warden. They say Dragon Age is about Thedas, and no ONE character. But seriously..who cares about the world compared to characters. the wardens stories are potentially so much more interesting than anything thedas can give us

• 6 months later...

Yo, just finished this for the first time (yah yah i know, late to the party) and I have but one question: is Witch Hunt as crap as everyone says?

I thought Morrigan was awesome (she was my romance) but the ending left me a little cold. No happy ending :( admittedly it makes a nice change to have a romance that doesn't end with the two riding off into the sunset... but still. Would be nice to have a resolution. However, i have had by hands burnt giving in to the temptation of seeing/reading an ending that i was warned not to (damn you Steven King's Dark Tower series. circle of ka in-bloody-deed).

On the other hand, I'm forming an appealing mental image of Thoman the Dalish elf becoming embittered after his increasingly psychotic descent into berserker/reaver territory, and going off with fast friend and occasional lover Zevran to lands far-off and exotic, and killing things and shagging things. I may even write a fanfic about it.

In short, i am conflicted. Help please.

Oh, and what about the other DLC? the only one i have particular interest in is Awakening, but that costs a lot...

edit: btw, wooooeeeeeoooo thread back from the dead.

Well, the Witch Hunt is, above all else, a nice advertisement for Dragon Age 2. The story is decent enough, especially for a Dalish Elf. The bad part is, like with the rest of the DAO DLC (except for Shale and Warden's Keep), that there are no new areas to visit, only old ones, but at least they aren't advertised as new ones.

Basically, the thing about DAO DLC is that they are a decent enough addition, but you get the feeling that they should have been included in the $60 you spent on the game, or rather that they aren't worth the amount of money EA/Bioware is asking for them.

As for Awakening, it's much more interesting even with its' flaws, but Awakening isn't a DLC - it's a proper expansion pack.

• 1 year later...

I'm wanting to play this game. I've had it since release, but never got around to it. I know it has a large modding community, and i was wondering if theres any essential mods I should use for my first playthrough. I have a quite good computer, so i can run graphics enhancing mods.

• 1 year later...

If there's one complaint I have about Dragon Age: Origins, it was that the robes were almost all horrible. Most of the mods I've found are either just recolors or look like stripper outfits, with an exception here and there. One of the areas where the mod selection disappoints me.

Archived