Home

Weapons of Choice

MacTavish

Weapon of your choice?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Weapon of your choice?

• Lightsaber
    • Double-Bladed Lightsaber
    • Blaster (Rifle, Pistol, Heavy Repeater, etc.)
    • Any Blade or Sword
    • Other

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PC=dual blades!

i love the green-purple color combination. in k2, viridian-purple. first time i played k2 i didnt bother too much about all those upgrades and all. second time round i was enthralled! i sat there for ages contemplating what upgrades to install/ make. in the second playthrough, i had an actual play style and strategy for combat. so i specially chose everything for the PC - tailoring skills, abilities, upgrades, classes, *clothes*, weapons, powers,... *everything* to go for my play style, rather than "ooh, that sounds neat. *buy*"

and it worked. spectacularly.

now i find it hard to think of choosing another class other than sentinel/watchman because i love having all those skills!

i also made different sabers for different purposes. some to take down droids, some for blaster deflect, some for plain super energy attack...

the first time i missed the 'exile' crystal. second time i had my primary saber with as many different attack types as possible (more chance of more damage), and the other saber with the exile crystal and other 'bolster' crystals to enhance my attributes, and it worked really well.

if you're wondering, i used swknights.com's watchman strat guide as the base.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mind you, I have a metric ton of mods.

Kairi/Revan - I start her out with the prototype vibroblade in the main hand, and an Echani blade (the balanced one you buy from Keebla) in the off-hand.

Once she hits Dantooine, I'll change out to RedHawke's Revan's green sabers (short in the off-hand). After Leviathan, I occasionally switch to a double-bladed violet, since the story in my head has Malak destroying Kairi's saber.

Armor: I have a custom armor I made for her that uses the Darth Bandon appearance, and is awarded after the swoop race. It's explained as the Bek's wager on the race. After Leviathan, I switch to Fallen One's robes, and switch to RedHawke's Revan the White robes when storming the Star Forge.

Carth - I have a mod which amps up his pistols to about the level of the Cassus Fett blaster and puts one in each hand. Fully upgrade them both. If I cross-class him, he gets either the Knight's Staff, or a double-bladed with a Revan's Heart (Yup, RedHawke's!) crystal. Armor is T7Nowhere's Carth Infiltrator Suit. It looks like an all-black version of his regular clothing.

Mission - I modded her to have Maverick's Mission's Blaster Rifle upon her recruitment. If I cross-class her, I give her a Mantle of the Force double-bladed saber with Firkrann and Jenruax crystals (droid-killers). Armor is either the Baragwin Shadow Armor or RedHawke's Vao Robes.

Zaalbar - Don't bother with the bowcaster. I found a "Zaalbar's items" mod (can't recall author) that gives him a solid, upgradable warblade. Later, it's Bacca's blade in the main hand, and Mission's in the off hand, more for symbolism than anything.

Bastila - RedHawke strikes again with a custom saber for her. I tend to put in a Solari and Krayt Dragon Pearl (the latter, again, for symbolism). The Jedi Royal Guard Miggido robes are her armor.

T3-M4 - RedHawke's Prototype blaster pistols, droid composite armor, a flame thrower and a stun ray or Carbonite projector.

Canderous - RedHawke's Ordo Armor, and his usual BFG with full upgrades. Why mess with perfection?

Juhani: Two Guardian Heart sabers with the most damaging crystals I have on hand. Armor is Svosh's Juahni Dark Robes. They look gorgeous on her and enhance her stealth.

HK-47 - RedHawke's prototype rifle, composite armor, and twin flamethrowers.

Jolee: I can't recall who came up with the Jolee robes and poison saber, but they have my thanks and a permanant spot in my collection.

• 2 years later...

Archived