Home

Enemies have perfect missile deflection ability

Darth_Yuthura

Okay... Dark jedi can deflect missiles, but they can never be hit by a missile, mine, or grenade because they deflect EVERYTHING. How can this cheat be removed from these NPC's... or how can the player have this ability as well?

If anyone else can answer another question... Desann and Boba Fett can't be harmed by a lighsaber throw. Anyone know how to remove this cheat from the characters?

Thanks!

How can this cheat be removed from these NPC's... or how can the player have this ability as well?
IIRC you can do the same thing with Force push. And it's not a cheat, it's to balance out people who want to rip through the game just blowing stuff up with the rocket launcher. :p

IIRC you can do the same thing with Force push. And it's not a cheat, it's to balance out people who want to rip through the game just blowing stuff up with the rocket launcher. :p

Problem is that force push is always perfect for certain NPC's. No matter what I do, they always force push back whatever is thrown at them... always right back at the player. Whenever I use force push, I am lucky to get half of the concussion riffle shots to not hit me... let alone shoot them back to the source. I also can't push mines at all... and certain NPC's automaticly do.

How can the 'perfect force push' be removed? I hate how NPC's can never be hit because they always use force push perfectly. Or can the player always deflect the projectiles perfectly like NPC's? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, he is saying that you can lower their defensive output, not increase yours. It is unfair, I understand that they are so good, but that is the way the game makes you face Reborn with a saber.

You could edit the .npc file for all the force users and remove push and then they can't do anything but dodge. But their dodge ability is still top-notch.

I was wondering how the NPC auto-dodge and push mechanic works, and I did a little experiment.

I would give myself mindtrick level 4 so I could take control of NPC's, and then I'd spawn a jedi or a reborn, and an enemy sniper or an npc with a rocket launcher or grenade.

I'd mindtrick the reborn/jedi and just stand there as my character would automatically push and dodge everything. Everytime a rocket came and a disruptor shot was fired he dodged and pushed by himself without me doing a thing.

You can dodge some stuff yourself, sometimes you can auto-dodge disruptor shots (it's pretty random whether or not you do). I think it helps a little if you have your crosshair near the sniper and move a little around when the shot is fired.

If you took away force speed from the reborn it "might" stop their dodging, since they go into force speed for a sec everytime they do it. Or it might not.

Archived