Home

"Our Finger is always on the trigger"

Rev7

Link

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran test-fired a long-range missile on Wednesday in response to what it says are threats from Israel and the United States, Iranian officials said.

"We want to tell the world that those who conduct their foreign policy by using the language of threat against Iran have to know that our finger is always on the trigger and we have hundreds and even thousands of missiles ready to be fired against predetermined targets," Gen. Hossein Salami, commander of the Revolutionary Guard ground forces, said on state TV.

"We will chase the enemies on the ground and in the sky and we are able react strongly to enemy's threats in shortest possible time."

Is playing doing the same, just swithch Israel for "the rest of the middle east:D

As for their seriousness, they are definitely serious about making anyone attacking them pay in any way they can. When it comes to them attacking, it seems hihgly unlikely, as there is little for them to gain, and much to loose by doing so.

All of these countries are using threats of force. And it's getting really old... All this saber rattling is nothing more than a game of chicken. All of our leaders are just having temper-tantrums because none of them are getting what they want.

But theese so called "temper-tauntrums" can get them what they want. Irans leaders wants to unite the people behind them, how? Outside enemy. They also make it perfectly clear what will happen should they be attacked, hopefully making others think twice before doing so. You might call it "temper-tauntrums", though I call it an efective (if unpleasant) way for the leaders to achieve their goals.

All of these countries are using threats of force. And it's getting really old... All this saber rattling is nothing more than a game of chicken. All of our leaders are just having temper-tantrums because none of them are getting what they want.

Yes, I agree that it is getting old, but this needs to be taken seriously. All of these threats should be taken seriously. I think that at one point, it will not just be "saber rattling".

Iran's missiles don't have the range to reach the US. The missiles may be long range, but that's not the same as intercontinental. These missiles do have the range to reach our allies, not only Israel but also Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey, among others.

Saber--rattling in the Middle East is nothing new. Violence and threats thereof have been going on since Esau got mad at Jacob for stealing his blessing, if not before that. Certainly it's dangerous to play the game of brinksmanship, but I _think_ Iran will make waves without actually going through with their threats. The sane generals couldn't help but notice how little time it took for the US military to decimate Iraqi forces. They would have to face that force if they attacked one of our allies and that ally requested our help. The big question is if enough voices of reason exist in the Iranian military to prevent war.

But theese so called "temper-tauntrums" can get them what they want. Irans leaders wants to unite the people behind them' date=' how? Outside enemy. They also make it perfectly clear what will happen should they be attacked, hopefully making others think twice before doing so. You might call it "temper-tauntrums", though I call it an efective (if unpleasant) way for the leaders to achieve their goals.[/quote']

Untill and unless their "bluff" is called.

Archived