Home

E308

leXX

So E3 in 5 days time. What are your most anticipated games and why?

Mine are:

Tomb Raider Underworld

My most anticipated. I'm just about as huge a Lara Croft fan as I can be, and the last two next gen instalments have been awesome.

Diablo 3

Video speaks for itself really.

The Force Unleashed

Obviously. :dozey:

Spore

If the creature creator is anything to go by, this game is gonna be hella fun.

Soulcalibur IV

Been a fan of the series since day one (Taki kicks ass). And now you can pit Yoda against Starkiller. *squeeeeeeeeee*

Fallout 3

All I can say is post apocalyptic heaven in a box. Keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that it is as awesome as it's predecessors.

Fable 2

I wasn't into the first Fable at all, I just didn't buy into all the hype, but I've been keeping my eye on 2 and I must say it's shaping up to be pretty damn sweet if you ask me.

Beyond Good & Evil 2

*jump* *joy* *jump* *joy*

Hmm, that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll think of some more...

So E3 in 5 days time. What are your most anticipated games and why?

Mine are:

The Force Unleashed

I think you've spoken for most people here, LeXX. Although, given that LA, Activision, and few others have now left the ESA, will they still be showing at E3?

I was under the impression that E3 was just an ESA members only event.

As for the show itself... bleh. It ceased to be interesting when they banned non-industry members from visiting.

Can't say there's a whole lot getting me excited for this year's E3. Here's a full list of games being shown, just in case.

Fallout 3 would most probably be on top of my list, followed by Doom 4.

There is Force Unleashed, of course, but I really can't get too excited until they announce the PC version for it. :)

Prototype is also an interesting game I'm looking forward to checking out. Yep, it'll definitely be on the toppish side of my list. Shapeshifting GTA-style fun can only make for an intriguing experience!

Sad that Half-Life 2: Episode Three and Brütal Legend will not be shown. I was really looking forward to them. :(

And finally, for name-taking, I'll say I'm interested in Tom Clancy's EndWar, Dead Space, Alpha Protocol and Borderlands. Since the LeXX asks for reasons:

EndWar: Voice commands! Direct Unit Control! This can very well be the next-generation leap for real-time strategy games!

Dead Space: Appears to be a generic sci-fi horror, but will feature "strategic" limb dismemberment. Whatever that is, it beckons interest.

Alpha Protocol: Don't know much about this, but an original IP from Obsidian is worth checking out.

Borderlands: Gearbox's "cross of Mad Max and Diablo". 'nuff said. :xp:

I'm excited for TFU and Crysis: Warhead. I honestly think that Crysis is more than shiny eye-candy - the story is interesting, and the gameplay is exquisite.

TFU better own. But I prefer it for PC.

LucasArts has been a really crappy company recently. They absolutely suck now, so I'm crossing my fingers for a half-decent game from them.

- PR-0927

I was under the impression that E3 was just an ESA members only event.

As for the show itself... bleh. It ceased to be interesting when they banned non-industry members from visiting.

It's only for press and actual members of the ESA, employees and important persons of developers and publishers. But this is sorta a good thing I guess, cause would you rather have 50,000 random game fans a day at E3 and gain nothing from it, or 1,000 good game journalists who can report better without having to deal with huge crowds of people?

Yeah, sure it's a little more elitist, but really, unless you actually went to E3, we really didn't gain anything from every single people who wanted to go- you know- getting in.

Also, because they're more relevant to coming out soon: I've be getting Soul Calibur IV and Force Unleashed on launch for 360.

One of the games I'm really looking forward to is Mirror's Edge. Parkor/Free Running in a nice-looking city environment, plus motion blur? That's my kind of game.

I'm also looking forward to any information on The Sims 3, even though it's coming out next year. That's really starting to look like a great game.

And Spore too.

And no Half-Life 2: Episode 3? D:

Brutal Legend.

I'm hoping G4 mentions it, considering that'll probably be my only non internet link to E3.

EDIT- Apparently, Brutal Legend won't be shown this year.... THANKS FOR GIVING ME HOPE AGAIN TIM, IS THAT ALL YOU DO TO ME? FIRST THE END OF PSYCHONAUTS, NOW THIS CRAP. THAT'S IT, I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU.

Eh, at least there's TFU and Spore....

Too Human is the game I'm most excited to learn more about. I have a weakness for RPG's, and this one looks preeettttty good.

Don't get your hopes up. Hands-on previewers have been very disappointed. Well, you'll get to check it out for yourself soon enough with the demo.

leXX, I am with you on 6 out of your 8 titles.

Tomb Raider Underworld

This title looks amazing. And after playing heavily the Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition on 360, I know it will be amazing. At first I only got into the Tomb Raider series because it was the closest thing to Indiana Jones on a console, but Tomb Raider has taken on a life of it's own over the years. The movies all suck, but some of the games are just damn fun to play. Especially the first one I mentioned.

The Force Unleashed

Well hell... I thought a new Jedi Night game would be cool, but remember that I have been to two GameStop conferences where the good people at LucasArts were more than proud to show off the Euphoria engine that simulates real world fabrics and translates them to video games. The end result is a game that never plays the same way twice. I mean how cool is that? And the action figures are in stores. If I have it my way, I will have a midnight opening in my store, and I will dress if full Vader costume. Yeah, I am stoked about this one!

Diablo 3

Hey, not my thing, but customers buy Diablo II, and it's expansion on a regular basis. Blizzard people KNOW how to make timeless games, and it amazes me to this day.

Spore

Well, it has caught my attention on every level. And we have sold out all copies of Spore: Creature Creator on a weekly basis. It will be huge. Right now my main PC properties are Diablo II, World of Warcraft, and Sims. This one will fit into those have to have categories I am sure.

Soulcalibur IV:

Outside of Dead or Alive 4, there has been an over all lack of competent fighter games available for Xbox 360. I am still playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon, because everything else just plain sucks. Virtua Fighter V? forget it...it is so slow in combat, it just plain sucks. Until DC Vs MK comes out, this is our last hope. I am purchasing both 360, AND PS3 versions so I can play as both Yoda AND Darth Vader. Yes, I am a bigger Star Wars nerd than any of you realized.

Fallout 3

Not a big RPG fan, but the trailers have hooked me over time, and I have to admit that Fallout 3 has me excited about the whole post apocalypse environment. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was a competent RPG and easy to get into, but required too much time investment for me to follow any further. Fallout 3 shows more promise. I am more than excited on this one, and this may be the game to drifte me more into RPGs.

Fable 2

Been watching this one too. I never got into RPGs but this was one of the sacred few. Fable was an easy game to pick up on, and fall in love with. My first apetite was with Fable: The Lost Chapters. At no point did I ever feel lost...it was all just good fun. Hopefully this one does not disappoint.

You mentioned Beyond Good and Evil leXX, but you failed to mention Far Cry 2. Far Cry started on the PC, then made it's marry way to Xbox, and quickly to xbox 360 after it's launch. The end result was amazing, but people were loosing interest by this time. Far Cry Instincts: Predator was an amazing game that people conveniently forgot about.. It was fun, and hopefully the sequel holds the same momentum. Never can tell about these things.

Last mention: Killzone 2

I HAVE seen thins game in action, and it is a real pisser that this game has been pushed back to next year. I have been playing the original on PS3 for a while now. All I can say is that Killzone is the best FPS game ever made exclusively for PS2/PS3. Again I HAVE seen this game in action and it will be amazing when it launches.....if it ever launches.....

Just watched the whole Microsoft Press Conference live online (on IGN). It was great when the Square Enix guy walked away and the other guy started talking, then he came back and poked him on the shoulder and started up the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII for xbox 360. Playstation 3 doesn't have a lot going for it now. The only thing I can think of now honestly that's PS3 exclusive is MGS, and maybe Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, and the Getaway.

The RE5 and Gears of War 2 demos were pretty cool too. That along with all of the Rock Band songs announced at once.

Archived