Home

E308

leXX

Is better idea. Posted this crap in "Very Good Things" Thread, totally forgot this thread existed, transplanted, yay.

Just got finished watching a live blogging of the 360 press release at E3... and holy crap, some good stuff.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5024875/liveblogging-microsoft-e3-2008-press-conference

Summing it up from memory:

• New dashboard and avatars (like Miis of course), stuff like game shows, 8 person chat and activity rooms.
  • Uno Rush, some Galaga game.
  • Sequel to Portal is XBL Arcade exclusive. [Actually, looks time exclusive, that's good]
  • Gears of War 2 is coming November 7th
  • RE5 is coming March 13th, 2009 (Friday the 13th)
  • Viva Pinata 2 and Banjo Kazooie footage.
  • Fallout 3 looks epic.
  • Lips karaoke game looks like a competent Singstar opponent. Can play songs off MP3 players (Zunes, iPods, etc)
  • GHWT guy goes on stage, says some things that are pretty simple, something about the Eagles and Van Halen and Metallica. Only to be setup for total ownage from RB2...
  • Rock Band 2 has 84 songs on disc -all masters-, 20 free DLC after release, Rock Band 1 DLC backwards compatibility, and ability to copy "almost all" RB1 songs onto hard drive... doesn't say if it's DLC or some kind of a song ripping program or anything... Includes Devo, AC/DC, and Tenacious D. Link to list
  • Netflix and Microsoft together, watch movies for free through your 360 with a Netflix account. Great news for me, my family has a Netflix subscription, this will be sweet.
  • Geometry Wars 2 comes out next month.
  • New Scene It! Game.
  • Some pretty lame Eye-Toy like game from Codemasters
  • Some dude from Square Enix talks about Xbox 360 releases Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant and Star Ocean.
  • Infinite Undiscovery is coming September 2nd
  • Star Ocean Sequel is coming spring 2009
  • Last Remnant is November 20th, time exclusive to 360, TBA 2009 for PS3, and newly announced for PC (no release date).
  • Dude is about to leave, then says "One more thing." Shows trailer for Final Fantasy XIII. One huge... epic, knock against Sony exclusives. Proof

The FFXIII news was the last bit of Microsoft press conference. Pretty great reactions from the live blog guys:

12:00 - crecente - Mattrick is back on stage summing things up

12:00 - crecente - Wada is back on stage.

12:00 - McWhertor - Wada "I do have one more big announcement"

12:00 - crecente - Looks like it's the BIG announcement

12:00 - McWhertor - a new trailer rolls

12:01 - McWhertor - Panzer Dragoon like creatures fly over a valley, we cut to a spaceship

12:01 - McWhertor - A massive warship flies through the clouds.... transforming

12:01 - McWhertor - it's FINAL FANTASY XIII

12:01 - McWhertor - coming to Xbox 360

12:02 - crecente - !

12:02 - McWhertor - so much for exclusivity

12:02 - Leigh Alexander - HOLY SH*T

And that's pretty much it.

Edit: You rip the songs from RB1 to RB2... but it's not free, but at least it's cheap at "under $5" for an "unlocking fee". But wow... still, so for me when RB2 comes out I'll most likely have a play list of over 200 songs, then the 20 free songs. Wow... just wow... I don't think GHWT's song creation will hold a candle to that. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/rock-band-disc-content-can-be-ported-to-rb2-for-5/

I hear Nintendo are going to announce a new Legend of Zelda game for Wii. And this time it won't be a game cube game ported to Wii (not that TP was bad for it)

Also news on HL2:E3/Portal 2

But to be honest I find that if you avoid all the hype and trailers you enjoy the games all the more for it.

Just watched the whole Microsoft Press Conference live online (on IGN). It was great when the Square Enix guy walked away and the other guy started talking, then he came back and poked him on the shoulder and started up the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII for xbox 360. Playstation 3 doesn't have a lot going for it now. The only thing I can think of now honestly that's PS3 exclusive is MGS, and maybe Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, and the Getaway.

Darn, I was going to catch it, but I can't get that lousy Move Media Player to work. G4's stream wasn't working for me either and Gamespot was down. :fist:

Just watched the Nintendo press conference. I have to say, it was pretty weak. The lady they had talking was really annoyingly perky like a grade school teacher. The only thing that got me really excited was the Wii MotionPlus demo for the Wii Sports sequel. I wasn't really a fan of the first Wii Sports, and I didn't really care about that part. The part I cared about was the sword fighting. That looks like it has potential for an actual swordfighting game. It was made pretty clear though that Nintendo didn't divulge any of this to third parties before they announced it yesterday, which I think is a mistake. Like Reggie said "it's not gonna happen instantly" and I think that could have been helped by just telling people about it early on. Then maybe we could already have had some MotionPlus enabled Force Unleashed or something like that.

Other than that, there really wasn't anything that exciting, especially to hardcore gamers. They basically just threw mario and zelda up on the screen and said "stfu, we're still making these" then went on to talk about wii fit and all of that crap.

[EDIT]

Just watched the Sony one. I was actually pretty impressed with their whole presentation, everything was pretty polished. I think they did the best they could considering the circumstances. I don't think it's enough to help them out of the giant ditch they're in though.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Aliens Colonial Marines too Grooves. I remember you being a huge fan of AvP2 and the films like me.

I missed your second post. Sorry. Well of course I am excited but still, how can you surpass AVP2 on PC? I remember playing that one with you, acdcfanbill, and Dath a few years ago. Good, good times. But seriously it looks like it will rock, but they have a great deal to live up too, with such a legendary franchise. I doubt this title will steal any thunder away from Raven's classic AVP2, but that is just me.

Games I'm excited about

Mercenaries 2 - Lots of fire and explosions. Plus full online co-op.

Spore - Nuff said.

Fable 2 - Ignore Petey and judge for yourself based on gameplay videos.

inFamous (don't own a PS3) - Looks cool. I really hope Micrososft gets their hands on this or the developer realizes there's more money to be made in multiplatform.

The Force Unleashed - Gameplay vids look awesome, but I heard the story is really short.

Fallout 3 - Never played a Fallout game. Looks very interesting.

Saint's Row 2 - Liked the first one. Can't wait for this one.

Games I'm keepin' an eye on

HAWX - Big fan of Ace Combat. We'll see how this holds up.

Too Human

CnC: Red Alert 3

The Agency

Gears of War 2

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Looks interesting, especially the vehicle making

Games I was somewhat interested in but now makes me go "meh"

EndWar

This is Vegas

I think that's about it. May have forgot some titles.

How about that "New Xbox Experience."

The Netflix thing will be cool. It'd be nice to watch movies on a TV, not my monitor. As for the Avatars, I don't think I like it. I'll probably end up making some ridiculous looking avatar.

Anyone else disappointed with the Bringing it Home demos? Only one decent game of the three (Too Human). I'm downloading the chimp game now, but I doubt it's gonna be spectacular.

Archived