Home

Max Payne the movie

Bomberman65

Hey guys just spotted the trailer for the Max Payne film comming out.

Check it out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36014.html#comments_top

Looks damn good if you ask me. Max Payne is played by Mark Wahlberg which I think is a great choise. This looks alot better than the Hitman film. I mean Hitman was alright but this looks to beat it. Can't wait for it. What about you guys, what ya think?

i loved the game and found it to be something very new and fresh in video games, with the whole bullet-time aspect and all. however as a movie i think people will see it as something that's been done and nothing really new or interesting.

well at least Mark Wahlberg has Max's stupid sneer down pretty good XD

mark-wahlberg-as-max-payne-20071109035017351.jpg

Its also on youtube if you cant view that video. Just search for max payne the movie trailer. Plus I think their just doing it for the story. I dont think they'll have alot if any of the bullet time that was in the matrix. I also prefer the look of Max from #2. I think Wahlberg looks like both of them mixed.

maxpaynehospitalgc3.th.jpg

Film looks friking awesome imo. But thats just me.

Yeah its probally to do with the new drug called Valkyr. In the game Max gets injected with it. So it looks like its part of the drug or its to symbolize death when he's on the drug or something. Hope it doesnt have a supernatural thing in it that would ruin it. But we'll all see in due time.

mila kunis of That 70's Show fame.

My heart's telling me that's a joke, but my head's saying it's true...

Surely there'd be loads of better suited actresses for Mona? Mona's supposed to be secure, and well, sexy...

And I don't call Meg from family guy that... (although, I am aware that she is fairly attractive in real life, just not 'Mona', IMO)

Bah, please. The game is based on "Hollywood crap"

I can't begin to tell you how many movies I've seen pre-Max Payne with the exact same story. That's why Max Payne was made, to act out the story of vengeance. Hell, The Punisher is Max Payne before Max Payne.

Google for more examples.

Bah, please. The game is based on "Hollywood crap"

True, but that worked well in the game with It's heavy film noir influences. To the general public, the movie doesn't seem that appealing and the fans will probably rip it apart because...well that's what hardcore fans usually do. I'm hoping it will be a decent action flick with at least a few surprises and not something utterly crap.

Also, the trailer seemed extremely confusing, it felt like they edited random images and scenes together without making sure they follow at least some kind of a pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be happier with another Max Payne game. Sadly, Max Payne is about 7 years out of date now. Max Payne was a game based in a graphic novel setting, and was the first game to use "bullet time", which has now long since been gummed to death, buried, resurrected, burned, fried and filleted, time and time again. Video games to movies = meh to me. Silent Hill was ok...but for us fans that played the game, not necessary at all.

Archived