Home

Who likes Kyle Katarn?

GeneralPloKoon

Eh, he's funny at points, he's got an interesting story, he's got a whole series dedicated to him, he's not bad, but LA really should change his clothing once in awhile :lol:

They're giving into the popular cartoon gimmick:

No one bathes, or changes clothes. :lol:

They're giving into the popular cartoon gimmick:

No one bathes, or changes clothes. :lol:

I got sick of his tan clothing, so I found a skin from JKII that gives him a leather jacket and black trousers. He looks way better than in brown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I liked Kyle the most when he was just an ex-imperial soldier with no force power stuff at all. I thought that Dark Forces gave a look into Star Wars that was more visceral and more "real" than the later games. You were just a merc going on missions for the Rebel military. There were no force powers (magic), just you and your guns and the bad guys.

This is a portrayal of events that do happen in the SW universe, but it isn't portrayed much because the force-bearers are the "cool" bunch. In fact, it's only something you really see in the most original Star Wars game era in the early to mid '90s (IMO).

Well, I suppose I'm ignoring Republic Commando but I didn't really think that game was super great. For one, it's not my favorite Star Wars era and it kinda didn't feel Star Wars enough to me as a result. It was decent though. I wish we'd seen Imperial Commando. LucasArts went down the tubes as a company and dropped it apparently.

Who likes Kyle Katarn?

The better question: Who doesn't like Kyle Katarn? Because any who don't will get shot by his Bryar Blaster pistol hidden conveniently behind his heard. He must hide all of his weapons in his beard. Since he doesn't wear to much clothing to hide them under

Kyle all the way!

As long as he changes his shirt to avoid the black arm pit patches. I've never seen a shirt like that with arm pit patches.

Welcome to starwars. When characters rarely change their wardrobe

In Kyles case I think he just really likes that shirt. I think the arm pit patches are actually leather sewn into there. Maybe to avoid stains in that area? Kyle does run around and swing his arms quite a lot during the games

• 4 weeks later...
I like Kyle Katarn. He is my favorite Star Wars character outside the movies.

Yes Republic Commando was a huge step down from JO and JA. I still enjoy playing JO and JA today as much as I do the latest games on the Xbox 360.

I enjoy JO more than 95% of the 360 games...and thats saying something!

I enjoy JO more than 95% of the 360 games...and thats saying something!

I do too. I still remember that first feeling playing JO for the first time. It was one of the most awesome gaming experiences of my life. I was playing an addon SP level for JO the other day and was still enjoying much of the wow what a game experience. I play JO on the PC with the wired 360 game pad with force feedback support. The 360 gamepad is my favorite gamepad I've ever used and it makes playing JO more fun than with my old joysticks.

I think hes a good character he should make a return in a future game I know his last apperance was in Empire at War but it would be awesome to see him come out of retirement and be a Jedi again possibly in a future Jedi Knight if they did do one. I think it would interesting to see his days when he worked for the Empire as an Imperial agent if I'm correct about that?

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, I think the character's supposed to represent the casual "Star Wars" fan -- they go to the movies

for the FX but don't cosplay or whatever. lol

That is to say: they're into the Force but not that into it -- there're doubts.

:)

Archived