Home

The Consortium: only fun when you play as them

Boogiewoo0

Ok I was just playing a game of GC. As the Empire, of course. The Rebels are insects and the Zann consortium seem to make it too easy because as far as I can tell not only can they corrupt planets and bribe their way to the weakest planets and make more money than other factions; Their units aren't weak enough to compensate for it. Like I said I was playing Galactic Conquest and I was doing all right. I had bought myself a Death Star defended by an Executor. I felt I was truly on my way to galactic conquest. When the Zann Consortium hit me like an anvil to the head. :anvil: That IG-BB fellow went and hacked my Death Star; which destroyed my Executor, my planet, 3 star destroyers, and about 15,000 credits in buildings (it was a big planet!) Now I'm not sure, but I think the hack death star ability costs 20,000 credits. Is that really a fair price? They took out like 80,000 credits worth of stuff. It's not like I could remove the corruption either. Having just built many expensive things I didn't have many credits. No problem right? It was a large map and I was pulling in 6,000 credits a turn. Well as it turns out either the Zann Consortium was saving their credits, or they were making twice as many as me, because I ran out of credits trying to remove it and the corruption was spreading faster than the poor Emperor could get from planet to planet. As you can imagine it was rather frustrating because my building were now magically exploding at random intervals. As if that wasn't enough they added injury to insult by attacking me with 43 ships. I barely managed to defend my planet even with two hyper velocity guns, an interdictor, a level 5 space station, and a couple of frigates. I'm not happy with this new faction. They seem to have an undeniable advantage over the other factions.

Is there a mod or something that removes them from GC?

Guest DarthMaulUK

There isn't unfortunately. You have to adjust tactics when playing against Zann as he gets right under your skin - the point of them. More counter attacks and try not to spread your forces too thinly otherwise they will strike!

The only way to remove them from the game, is either look for mods that do this or uninstall the expansion, but you will lose all the new units for the Rebels and Empire.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm not sure to be honest. Its worth checking for mods to see if there are maps without Zanns lot included.

Could you make a suggestion?

I solved the problem by preventing IG88 from spawning and disabling the sabotage ability of the defilers. It has been a while since I played my "Empire" mod, but I believe that I also gave several heroes stealth ability (in space) and spawned Mara Jade on the Empire side. These alterations make playing as the empire far less frustrating.

I would also recommend boosting the firepower of the Star Destroyer, and enabling it's production on all planets.

I solved the problem by preventing IG88 from spawning and disabling the sabotage ability of the defilers. It has been a while since I played my "Empire" mod, but I believe that I also gave several heroes stealth ability (in space) and spawned Mara Jade on the Empire side. These alterations make playing as the empire far less frustrating.

I would also recommend boosting the firepower of the Star Destroyer, and enabling it's production on all planets.

Well could you give me the XMLs?

Well could you give me the XMLs?

Unzip this:

http://www.e-varmint.net/EmpireMod.zip

and put the files here:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Data\Xml\

You may have to create the xml folder.

I'm not sure exactly what's in the mod, since I have not played it in a while. I seem to recall that it really shakes things up! Let me know how it works.

Edit: This is intended for the Galactic Conquest, Equal Footing episode. I would not recommend using it for the campaign missions.

-

• 2 weeks later...

I have a solution- play as the Consortium! And on hard, that should keep it balanced.

But if you can mod them out of the maps, that should work too. I see no reason why not. Actually, there are several Conquest maps without one side or the other in FOC.

• 2 months later...

How to own consortium:

1. Be rebels

2. Get the Gargantuan in a raid party

3. Raid a consortium planet

4. Gargantuan can run over all units except heroes and AT-ATs

5. Bon apetite

How to own all in space:

1. Be rebels

2. Mass Corellian Gunship(overpowered corvette) and/or MC30 Frigate(kills things in a few volleys)

3. Attack a planet

4. :mon:

rebels are the overpowered faction, cons just annoys you with corruption and sabotoge to seem strong

Ok I was just playing a game of GC. As the Empire, of course. The Rebels are insects and the Zann consortium seem to make it too easy because as far as I can tell not only can they corrupt planets and bribe their way to the weakest planets and make more money than other factions; Their units aren't weak enough to compensate for it. Like I said I was playing Galactic Conquest and I was doing all right. I had bought myself a Death Star defended by an Executor. I felt I was truly on my way to galactic conquest. When the Zann Consortium hit me like an anvil to the head. :anvil: That IG-BB fellow went and hacked my Death Star; which destroyed my Executor, my planet, 3 star destroyers, and about 15,000 credits in buildings (it was a big planet!) Now I'm not sure, but I think the hack death star ability costs 20,000 credits. Is that really a fair price? They took out like 80,000 credits worth of stuff. It's not like I could remove the corruption either. Having just built many expensive things I didn't have many credits. No problem right? It was a large map and I was pulling in 6,000 credits a turn. Well as it turns out either the Zann Consortium was saving their credits, or they were making twice as many as me, because I ran out of credits trying to remove it and the corruption was spreading faster than the poor Emperor could get from planet to planet. As you can imagine it was rather frustrating because my building were now magically exploding at random intervals. As if that wasn't enough they added injury to insult by attacking me with 43 ships. I barely managed to defend my planet even with two hyper velocity guns, an interdictor, a level 5 space station, and a couple of frigates. I'm not happy with this new faction. They seem to have an undeniable advantage over the other factions.

Is there a mod or something that removes them from GC?

Yes, you are right. I played as the Empire in FOC and it was boring and was terrible. This is very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you are right. I played as the Empire in FOC and it was boring and was terrible. This is very annoying.

I found the Consortium pathetic without corruption or heroes.

I also heard from my friend hack death star was changed to 50000

• 1 month later...

Archived