Home

It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)

Uh, did you miss the LotR Trilogy, each with three separate rankings for each of the films? Or WALL-E, another recently released movie? Or The Departed, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood? Or Batman Begins?

:xp:

My bad, I meant to say the only movie of this decade in the Top 10 ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/

Hey, I just saw the movie today with my friends, and I must say, this movie finally portrays the Joker in the way he was meant to be: an insane, ruthless clown who just "wants to watch the world burn." I have been a lifelong Batman fan, and I don't think that the Joker has ever been portrayed as evil as he was meant to be. I also noted that this movie is incredibly Dark. You'll have to see it for yourself to know what I mean.

Also, as soon as the movie started my heart was beating faster than it did after a 50 meter Butterfly sprint. :lol:

Also, in the first scene I felt like screaming my head off as I saw the Joker manipulating his minions, so they all died, one by one.

Finally, this movie sets a record as the loudest movie I have ever seen in my life. :D

Also, in the first scene I felt like screaming my head off as I saw the Joker manipulating his minions, so they all died, one by one.

Me too. :D

That was a nice moment, realizing that the Joker was one of the guys behind the masks as he tricked them into killing each other.

(I wanna see Mr Freeze :xp:)

I say Ra's Al Ghul's daughter Talia, or maybe Riddler or Freeze if Nolan and company can reinvent them like they did with Scarecrow and Two-Face (I think most of the credit for the Joker's reinvention goes to Heath on this one).

Best movie since Empire Strikes Back? I think so. The entire movie was awesome. It started at Batman Begins and stayed there until the beginning of the Second Part, after the return of Jim Gordon, upon which the movie snorted a line of cocaine and went into overdrive awesome mode.

Let's not blow things out of proportion.

So, I just got back from seeing TDK. I'm speechless - I couldn't think of a single thing wrong with the film - the Joker was frightening and terrifying, made all the more so thanks to his ability to find any situation funny.

Batman was, well, Batman - what more can you add to the already iconic character?

And Two-Face was brilliant. And it didn't feel like a comic book movie - it felt like a thriller on par with Heat. And, I found it believable, as if such things really could happen.

Any word on if there's going to be a sequel?

Wow. What a movie. If you are a fan of the novels, you will definitely love this movie to death. When watching the film, all I could think about is the "Knights Fall, Ending, and Quest" comic-book series. I did think the writters were a little too serious, but it all fits nicely together in perfect harmony. I loved how the movie makes you feel, "Hey! I thought this was a Batman movie." Even though Rachel's actor was recasted, I think they chose someone better than Katey Homes. I agree with those who say that Bale's acting was overshadowed. If this is part two to a trilogy, I'm hoping that they explore the real Bane story. ;)

Any word on if there's going to be a sequel?

Just a few offhand comments. Technically Bale hasn't signed on for a third, but he's mentioned that if they bring Robin in, he'll quit right away, so one could infer that he wouldn't object to any future films without Robin. And no doubt the rest of the cast would sign on as well. I guess it's up to WB and Nolan.

I'm pretty sure Robin will never be in the series, Nolan has said how he wouldn't fit in his universe. And I'm glad he feels that way because I like Batman solo a lot more.

Well he's not really solo, but he's a much more believable character working with the police chief than a little boy dressed in green :xp:

Robin wouldn't fit into these movies, which is fine by me, it's always a character that seemed a bit pointless to me, Batman is tormented enough by his parent's deaths, but it also fuels his sense of justice but adds the darker side to his personality too, this is what always attracted me to this character, and Nolan has captured it perfectly...

Not to mention that Robin wasn't a great character to begin with:xp: But actually The Animated Series in the early nineties had the best interpretation of Robin to me though. Much better than Chris "The Great Unpleasantness" O'Donnell:D

Just saw it last night. It's good to see some Batman movies that don't suck hard. batman Begins and Dark Knight were a pleasant surprise for me.

But God, this one just wouldn't end. XD It just kept going, and going, and then when you think it's wrapping up, it's not, and then just when you're thinking "God, there's probably at least another 45 minutes left..." it just stops.

I couldn't enjoy the scenes with the new mob boss though (I forget his name at the moment - he was played by Eric Roberts), because I recognised him from somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me place or name him until the credits. Turns out he played the Master in the 96 Doctor Who TV movie on Fox. I was ashamed of myself as a Doctor Who fan. -_-

well, I had an old man stare at me and lick his lips.

*even bigger shudder*

It seems we have more in common than believed. ~shakes Burnseyy's hand~ Pleasure to make your aquaintence.

Oh the topic of Batman... Part Three Villian possibillities? I'm hoping...

Two-Face isn't really dead, and he comes back for more MURDER.

That creeped me out too. It reminded me of earlier in the summer, when I caught this 13 year old kid staring at me and licking his lips... ~shudders~

well, I had an old man stare at me and lick his lips.

*even bigger shudder*

That's not creepy at all.[/sarcasm]

Two-Face isn't really dead, and he comes back for more MURDER.

Nah, I hope he stays dead. In fact, I'm counting on it. His story is done--finished. They gave a reasonable explanation for his fall from hero to villain. Bringing him back would ruin it...although, all things considered, if anyone could do it right, Nolan and company could.

Now give me Talia, Mr Nolan. :D

I want Harley Quinn. She could be working for the Joker while he's at Arkham...

Hmm...now that I like. In fact, it would be a good way to prevent any further appearances by the Joker himself.

That's not creepy at all.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, I'm not the one posting pictures of Nicole Kidman's cleveage hanging out.

Hmm...now that I like. In fact, it would be a good way to prevent any further appearances by the Joker himself.

Agreed. I'm just trying to think of an actress who could play Miss Quinzell to the perfect degree of cuckoo....Only Helena Bonham Carter comes to mind as crazy, but I doubt Tim Burton would let her off his leash, dispite his history with Batman films.

Archived