Home

It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)

Yeah, I'm not the one posting pictures of Nicole Kidman's cleveage hanging out.

Agreed. I'm just trying to think of an actress who could play Miss Quinzell to the perfect degree of cuckoo....Only Helena Bonham Carter comes to mind as crazy, but I doubt Tim Burton would let her off his leash, dispite his history with Batman films.

Apparently Johnny Depp wouldn't say no to becoming The Riddler...clicky

And where there's a Johnny...

I would die if David Tennant would turn out to get the part though *shudders*

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a woman, I know this is completly outragous, but I'm gettin a wee bit sick of Johnny Depp...and I don't know if he could get the right amount of dark humor. I mean, he was more snarky than funny to me in Pirates, and I imagine Nolan would make Riddler sort of reminicent of the Joker, just playing more off the humor than the psychoanalysis on society and murder and stuff. Nobody comes to mind for me except, maybe in some bizarro universe, Rainn Wilson. I'm sure he could handle that sort of dark humor, considering his little part in Six Feet Under, but the crazy may be a little hard to look for in him... Yeah, if they did Riddler, it'd be a but tough for me.

If you're implying that Burton should have a role in any future Batman movies, I have lost all respect for you. -_- Any movie Burton is involved in will be boycotted by myself and the majority of my friends, regardless of the hype, standards, or other pre-conceptions affiliated with said movie. -_-

If you're implying that Burton should have a role in any future Batman movies, I have lost all respect for you. -_- Any movie Burton is involved in will be boycotted by myself and the majority of my friends, regardless of the hype, standards, or other pre-conceptions affiliated with said movie. -_-

honestly, if you like the films, watch them!

it shouldn't have anything to do with the director. ;) like, you don't hate a song because of the band/artist...

...do you?

The hell it shouldn't. The director essentially makes the movie what he wants it to be. And I happen to loathe Tim Burton's morbid/gothic tones and style of movie making. Therefore, I'm not going to see a movie with such tones and styles - why would I, if I find them uninteresting and idiotic?

The same goes for songs and the bands who play them - it's rare to find an R&B artist/group/band (for example) that will release a song in the Metal style that I prefer to listen to. So I'm not going to pick up a Chris Brown CD, hoping that he'll have done a song or two in the same style as Epica or Amberian Dawn.

The hell it shouldn't. The director essentially makes the movie what he wants it to be. And I happen to loathe Tim Burton's morbid/gothic tones and style of movie making. Therefore, I'm not going to see a movie with such tones and styles - why would I, if I find them uninteresting and idiotic?

The same goes for songs and the bands who play them - it's rare to find an R&B artist/group/band (for example) that will release a song in the Metal style that I prefer to listen to. So I'm not going to pick up a Chris Brown CD, hoping that he'll have done a song or two in the same style as Epica or Amberian Dawn.

Well, Batman is kinda gothic. If it wasn't, It'd probably be a bit lame. Also, the director makes the film, but if it's Batman (which already exists) he's going to stick to the plot - isn't that half of what you go to see a film for? The plot?

As for music, well, I like all kinds of music, so I don't base what I like on one genre.

Well, this is all my opinion, so let's just get back to the topic.

Batman is dark, sure, but I wouldn't go so far as calling it gothic per se.

And sorry, but no matter what the plot is, if it's wrapped up in Burton-esque gothic tones, I'm not going to enjoy it. Plain and simple. Like you said, plot is only half a movie.

The Dark Knight is one of the best movies, ever! Its plot is intense, and the story is very well written, and the Joker is awesome, one of the best villains of all time!

It was ashamed, that Harvey Dent (Two Face) Died at the end of the film, he was a great villain

I imagine Nolan would make Riddler sort of reminicent of the Joker, just playing more off the humor than the psychoanalysis on society and murder and stuff. Nobody comes to mind for me except, maybe in some bizarro universe, Rainn Wilson. I'm sure he could handle that sort of dark humor, considering his little part in Six Feet Under, but the crazy may be a little hard to look for in him... Yeah, if they did Riddler, it'd be a but tough for me.

The Riddler isn't a humorist. Quite the opposite really, a puzzle master. He enjoys the logic and depth of thought.

I'm thinking they should hit up the Penguin. I'm thinking Jeremy Piven.

It was ashamed, that Harvey Dent (Two Face) Died at the end of the film, he was a great villain

He's not dead, he fell 13 feet and passed out. The world is to think he's dead, until they control the beast that rages inside him.

Nolan is setting up this series well, just like Batman the villains can return at any time, to come back with new exciting plans and adventures.

Harley Quinn would be very interesting, but difficult to cast. Not impossible, just difficult.

honestly, if you like the films, watch them!

it shouldn't have anything to do with the director. ;) like, you don't hate a song because of the band/artist...

...do you?

Damn straight I do. If the band is bad enough, then I won't listen to any of their songs on principle.

As a woman

>_>

<_<

_EW_

Archived