Home

It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)

I also didn't like how outrageous they made Bruce Wayne... or rather, how they made it so blatant that Bruce Wayne doesn't care about his image.
I watched Batman Begins last night and I think they were pretty consistent with Bruce Wayne.

I still think it was a brilliant movie and those gripes are minimal at best.
It was a very good movie, but I really do think that the hype has gotten completely out of hand. :(

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem with feeling that way: different strokes for different folks. Though I am curious as to WHAT exactly you didn't like about it, or what about it you thought fell short.

In my opinion it ran a little long, and they didn't really USE the batman character enough. I also didn't like how outrageous they made Bruce Wayne... or rather, how they made it so blatant that Bruce Wayne doesn't care about his image. I still think it was a brilliant movie and those gripes are minimal at best. Would you agree with those or are there other things?

I believe we are thinking along the same lines, but I would add that I didn't like how...

Harvey Dent went from good guy, to bad guy, to dead guy all in one movie.

Harvey Dent went from good guy, to bad guy, to dead guy all in one movie.

Yeah Harvey Dent is dead, but I think Two-Face may still be alive. There are arguments against him being dead or not. I think he may still be alive. And we all know that Christopher Nolan likes to throw in twists.

It was a very good movie, but I really do think that the hype has gotten completely out of hand. :(

Agreed, I did however think it was the best new movie I'll see this year, Heath Ledger was good, but not as great as some are making out - he was very good. However if he gets an Oscar for his Joker, I have to ask why didn't Hugo Weaving get an Oscar for Agent Smith in the Matrix?

I liked the the darkness of this movie, didn't see Rachel dying, but had figured Dent was going to become Two Face...

Saw it again the other day. Two scenes are particularly good. The first is where the Joker is giving his chaos speech to Dent in the hospital. The second is when he escapes from the jail and is driving the police car with his head out of the window. It's like he's some sort of animal...

The Dark Knight is #1 on IMDb's top 250!!!

That's just...wow!

The only movie to come out this decade, and it just came out this week!!!

Uh, did you miss the LotR Trilogy, each with three separate rankings for each of the films? Or WALL-E, another recently released movie? Or The Departed, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood? Or Batman Begins?

:xp:

He says that now... but who knows what another bump on the head will do for him! :xp:
Meh, I think that a Saw-like Riddler would be much more interesting to watch. Also, I hope that Nolan calls it quits after a third installment. The last thing we need is another Batman franchise that has been milked until it's dead.

Agreed, I did however think it was the best new movie I'll see this year, Heath Ledger was good, but not as great as some are making out - he was very good. However if he gets an Oscar for his Joker, I have to ask why didn't Hugo Weaving get an Oscar for Agent Smith in the Matrix?

I concur, Hugo Weaving was perfect as Smith, and deserved an Oscar, as does Heath Ledger for the Joker.

The movie was awesome, I saw it in a packed theater, which for the first time ever, was perfectly silent. Brilliant movie, 5/5.

(I wanna see Mr Freeze :xp:)

Archived