Home

Telltale's New Lisence

Gabez

Maybe the new franchise is The Simpsons? But it seems like that's *too* big a franchise... it's interesting what Telltale said, though, about it being unexpected, as well as big and well known. That's what made me think of The Simpsons, or... Futurama? My other guess is Tintin, but to be honest I'm pretty sure all my guesses are completely wrong!

Anyone else got any ideas? Here's all we know:

* It'll be unexpected, probably

* It's a big franchise, bigger than Sam & Max and Bone

* It'll probably be unveiled at the end of this month at Comic Con

I doubt it'll be any LucasArts license because:

• They already have one successful use of a former LucasArts license under their belt, making the use of a second license kind of predictable and thus not unexpected
  • None of LucasArts' older licenses are what you'd really consider 'big' these days

To be honest I'm otherwise at a complete loss because it could literally be anything. :~

I'd be so surprised if there was any LucasArts link, but then it would fit in with it being unexpected! Monkey Island and Star Wars are the only LucasArts franchises that are bigger than Sam and Max, though, and I'm not even sure that's true about Monkey Island...

I don't think I'd like a Telltale Simpsons game either, though if anyone can make a good Simpsons game, they can. A Futurama game I'd be more into.

I'd go with X-Files, but I remember Dan Connors saying in an interview: "Lots of comedy coming from us this year...". Comedy stuff, then. I don't know what to think of. :confused:

Futurama could be a good guess, but Emily said "one I bet none of you are expecting..." and everybody has been talking about Futurama for ages on their forums....

Discworld?

I would love that if it was true! Discworld Noir is one of my favourite games ever, though it was more Noirish than the books naturally are, and a more straight adaptation would be good (I haven't played Discworld 1 and 2 before you ask).

I'm re-reading Pratchett's Death "trilogy" at the moment -- onto Soul Music which I really love. I like Pratchett's childrens books, but have not liked any of his Discworld books apart from the ones featuring death -- they're a bit too aimless and meandering, I find, unless you have a strong character like Death to bring it all together. Death knows what he's doing and doesn't dither about, which is less frustrating for me.

Anyway, in conclusion: Discworld: that would be great!

Or, like I said before, Tintin. But I don't imagine that working well in small chunks. Mind you, Discworld is a bit of a stretch as well, but I think they could make it work.

I could've sworn I read that somewhere, but the original press release about Telltale having two new licenses just says 'multiple platforms', not necessarily for both games.

Hmm.

If you did read it somewhere, it was most likely a reporter or fan putting words in TTG's mouth, as all that's been announced is that we're pursuing multiple platforms.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/07/13/more-gaming-panels-at-san-diego-comic-con-revealed/

'On Saturday, Comic-Con will hosts a Telltale Games panel where the creators will announce plans for a third episodic game series to join their Sam and Max and Strong Bad series.'

My new theory (based on nothing more than it's big, "not expected" and there's the existing Purcell relationship) - it's gonna be Pixar related. Maybe Toy Story or Wall-E episodes.

Archived