Home

Protests against Scientology

DrPhil2501

I was just walking around the streets of Melbourne near Flinders St. Station with a group of friends. When all of a sudden, we caught sight of protesters wearing Guy Fawks masks used in the movie V for Vendetta.

I remember one of the protesters showing me the big sign labeled "Scientology is Evil" infront of me. Naturally I nodded in agreement to his cause. I was approached by another of the protesters, handing me a brochur of what Scientology is and its outlined negative views: murder, man-slaughter, con artists, espionage, etc...

Given that I had limited knowledge on Scientology, aswell as the anti-religeous type, its given me a new and better understanding of Scientology and its dangers having fully read the brochur.

They would be 'Anonymous', and to quote them, they are legion. They were spawned by some website called 4chan, I think? And they've held such protests in the past.

Anonymous

As to the actual protests, I kind of agree with it - especially considering the 'fair game' policy that Scientology has employed in the past to 'remove' so called 'threats' to their 'religion'. Which they have claimed to have removed from use. I don't think that they are religion, just an infectious cult, to be honest.

Of course, no offence is intended to any scientologists here, but when they harass people in the way they have in the past, such as framing people for terrorist actions:

Operation Freakout

So yes, it is a very dangerous cult. I am technically right in my claim of it being nothing more than a cult, because the UK government does not officially recognise it as an official Religion.

You would be seeing Anons from 4chan protesting. Or, as they are sometimes called, the cancer that is killing 4chan.

The masks may seem (and kind of are) a silly idea, but they are used to protect the faces of the wearer. Scientology is well known for documenting dissenters and finding ways to legally attack them.

The cult is well known for legal attacks on dissenters and has sued a number of both worldly and internet related organizations (IE, Youtube) for speaking "badly" about the religion.

Given that I had limited knowledge on Scientology, aswell as the anti-religeous type, its given me a new and better understanding of Scientology and its dangers having fully read the brochur.

Here:

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Xenu the alien ruler Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That sound like a "cult that attempts to put science into religious terms"? It is a religion that was created by L. Ron Hubbard through a science fiction novel.

He made it so that he could make money and get a tax cut and live a comfortable life. The CoS has a history of dealing forcefully, which can include blackmail and even violence, with critics and perceived enemies (whom the organization calls "suppressive persons"). CoS has a long history of suing any dissenters, and have tried a number of times to block negative information about Scientology from the internet. They do not believe in mental health medications, and have been responsible for the deaths of many of their members. In many situations, in order to gain spiritual 'rank' within Scientology you must pay ungodly large amounts of money, so its mostly run by a bunch of rich people with more than enough money to stretch the law.

What is this cult known for?

Operation Snow White

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White

"Some time during the 1970s, the Church of Scientology decided that they'd had enough. Their religion about magic space aliens in a volcano wasn't getting the same respect as the religion about the magic bearded man whose dad made us all out of mud 6,000 years ago. Instead of converting to a slightly less silly religion, they did what any of us would have done and decided to destroy every single document that made their religion look bad, presumably including a trip into the future to destroy every copy of Battlefield Earth.

How did that work out?

Disturbingly well, at least for a little while. Apparently, the Church of Scientology managed to perform the largest infiltration of the United States government in history. Ever. With all the people who have wanted to get their dirty little hands on incriminating records, the United States of America was finally duped by the people who came up with Dianetics. So those billions of dollars we put into national security annually are clearly well spent.

Anyway, somewhere around 5,000 of Scientology's crack commandos wiretapped and burglarized various agencies. They stole hundreds of documents, mainly from the IRS. No critic was spared, and in the end, 136 organizations, agencies and foreign embassies were infiltrated.

When all of this hit the fan, the Church naturally denied it. Then they kidnapped one of the operatives arrested for stealing documents and prevented him from testifying. These days, the Church of Scientology generally refuses to talk about Operation Snow White, except to say that they "purged" those who were involved. They won't say what the guilty parties were involved in, and those who were purged still hold high ranking offices in the Church."

-Cracked

When all of this hit the fan, the Church naturally denied it. Then they kidnapped one of the operatives arrested for stealing documents and prevented him from testifying. These days, the Church of Scientology generally refuses to talk about Operation Snow White, except to say that they "purged" those who were involved. They won't say what the guilty parties were involved in, and those who were purged still hold high ranking offices in the Church."

They claim that they dissolved the Guardian's office, but given their track record, and aptitude for lying and misinformation, I would take any claims on their part with a truck load of salt.

The masks may seem (and kind of are) a silly idea, but they are used to protect the faces of the wearer.

I connected the theme of the masks as a form of "freeing one's self from the evil". That was the basic plot idea for V for Vendetta, so I thought it was quite an effective method of protesting: Scientology's grasp on anyone was the evil they were trying to free anyone from.

It is a religion that was created by L. Ron Hubbard through a science fiction novel.

tsk. He was probably thinking of a "get-rich-quick" scandal the day he invented scientology - "You can't make millions of dollars writing sci-fi novels, forming your own religeon can!"

^ Though I hear this is a common quote briefing how scientology was first made.

I connected the theme of the masks as a form of "freeing one's self from the evil". That was the basic plot idea for V for Vendetta, so I thought it was quite an effective method of protesting: Scientology's grasp on anyone was the evil they were trying to free anyone from.

Well, you would be partly right.

Anons who go out and do stuff like this have worn V masks for quite some time now. A particularly special "get" post on /b/ got it into popularity, pushed forward by the "Epic Fail Guy" meme (a stick figure who wears a V mask).

It is worn partly due to "tradition" (if it can be called that). Another part is the fact that every one, regardless of a V mask or not, had to wear something because Scientology protesters are often put on film or taken picture of by the church for later legal use.

The last part being the whole Vendetta movie theme. But, for the most part, V masks have been worn by attention seeking Anons for years.

tsk. He was probably thinking of a "get-rich-quick" scandal the day he invented scientology - "You can't make millions of dollars writing sci-fi novels, forming your own religeon can!"

^ Though I hear this is a common quote briefing how scientology was first made.

Hubbard was failing as a writer and he was going broke. So, as you said, it was a "get-rich-quick" plan that worked.

He wanted to see if he could not only create his own religion out of thin air, but also make a profit off of it. Religion (not only Scientology) has been an easy money maker for as long as money and religion have co-existed. It is no surprise that he not only got followers, but quite a bit of money as well.

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. The outermost limit of endeavour is creative work. Anything less is too close to simple survival until death happens along. So I am engaged in striving to maintain equilibrium sufficient to at least realize survival in a way to astound the gods. I turned the thing up so it's up to me to survive in a big way . . . Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all books are destroyed."

-L. Ron Hubbard

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

-L. Ron Hubbard

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them."

-L. Ron Hubbard

And, if you'd like a laugh as well as facts, here is a Cracked article on some of his more impressive lies (other than Scientology)

On His Native American Upbringing ...

On His Study of Nuclear Physics ...

On L. Ron Hubbard, War Hero ...

On Living The Drug-Free Lifestyle ...

And On Inventing the Concept of a Moral Code ...

http://www.cracked.com/article_16337_l-ron-hubbards-5-most-impressive-lies-besides-scientology.html

i've seen the same thing, near me.

i don't agree with scientology, and i think its a load of bull

but, everyones entitled to believe what they want.

can't say my 'official' religion is much better.

i mean, c'mon, catholics tried to sue harry potter. >_>

i've seen the same thing, near me.

i don't agree with scientology, and i think its a load of bull

but, everyones entitled to believe what they want.

can't say my 'official' religion is much better.

i mean, c'mon, catholics tried to sue harry potter. >_>

But at least Catholicism is a bit more credible than some intergalactic emperor transporting millions of people in intergalactic airplanes, gathering them around a volcano and blowing them up, leaving their souls to float around the world and leech off of the living.

I don't believe in any religion, but i'd take God and Jesus over Xenu any day.

Apparently this forum enjoyed my post so much that it munched it. Anyway, while scientology is a load of bull, I have to give credit to the founder, too bad the regular beggar can't get rich that way.

AK: Well, considering that both of them have the same amount of evidence going for them, I'd demand the same thing if I where to convert. Namley, evidence, cash or being told by Ms right.

because they're ****ing idiots and if you can't see that you don't know anything about this.

Oh, so you think people shouldn't stand-up against a horrible cult?

I know plenty about "this".

Maybe if you clicked on some of my links you would know what I'm talking about.

or being told by Ms right.

tsk tsk. You've got to stop listening to those female recruiters, murph. You'll get in all kinds of trouble. Sure, it's nice an innocent at first, but then they thrust a copy of operating thetan in your hands and strap you to an e-meter... :lol:

this post is basically saying "HEY I KNOW ALL ABOUT POTATOES" when i said you didn't know anything about apples.

You said that the protesters are wrong because they are "****ing idiots", and that if I didn't see that then I don't know what I'm talking about.

I responded, and my post CLEARLY asked if they were "****ing idiots" because they stand-up against a horrible cult?

I also made it clear that I do in-fact know what I'm talking about on the basis of Scientology, and the topic at-hand...

May I recommend some Ritalin?

Han: If I'm a puppy butchering paedophile fighting against modern slavery, am I a good person?

Are you suggesting that protesters are bad/evil people now? lol

Secondly I never suggested that all protesters were good people...

Oh, so you think people shouldn't stand-up against a horrible cult?

I know plenty about "this".

Maybe if you clicked on some of my links you would know what I'm talking about.

This post is basically saying "HEY I KNOW ALL ABOUT POTATOES" when i said you didn't know anything about apples.

I think Jmac has summarized it up pretty well.

The protesters are /b/ards looking for attention. These protests are organized on 4chan and are carried out in V masks and fake Afros.

We aren't smacking you for supporting protesters. We are smacking you for supporting the cancer that is killing 4chan.

For more, the "Boston Fail Party"

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Old_/b/_Day (Mature Language)

Now you know. And now we can go back to the topic at hand.

Archived