Home

Character classes, difficulty?

zemegauser

I just got back into KOTOR 2 today, and tried out a build. I went with guardian, who was all about his swords. 24 strength, 18 dexterity, and 10's in wisdom, charisma, and 12 in intelligence.

Most enemies I faced, died easily.

Kinraths.....goddamn kinraths, how in the world can they do 100's on my character? I know they level and all, and then my difficuty being on the highest can be a factor, but in two hits they take me down? What in the world? Animal vs. A freaking god damn Master in the art of Dueling, who do you think wins. Apparantely it's all about luck with them, will my flurry hit, I guess not, will my flurry hit, if not I am dead, great!

Anyway, I decided to go to the force power side, a jedi consular. I need some advice here, I got 16 in both my charisma and wisdom, and a 14 in intelligence, the rest were 10's. I really want to become a force power only dude, not have to rely on my sword as often. But what I have seen, is that at level 8, my female dark consular can only get in about 4-5 force lightining before she can't give out anymore. As time passes, will I be able to just happily throw lightings this way and that, and not worry about my force points dwindiling to nothing? If not, then I don't think I would like to go the consular way. I would be fine with doing a bit of swordwork, but come on, 75 percent of the time would be fighting with swords with the amount of force points I get. Really frustrated right now.

If I did not make this clear, I want a pure force power girl, I want to blast away my enemies with force lighting, not weaken them with it. Am I being too wishfull with this?

Yeah, I am an extremist, I either go one way or another, I do not go in between.

Well even for a ds character, force lightning is a fairly expensive power. In higher levels, if you keep increasing wisdom you should be able to win most battles on force alone. But in earlier levels you probably should not just use force lightning, b/c its expensive and eats up a lot of force points. Consulars are going to be the weaker class for the first few levels, but can be the most powerful later on.

As for those kinrath on Dantooine, yeah some of them can be very dangerous. You really need to utilize the party members in those battles. Force powers are your best friend in that situation. The kinrath can deal a good bit of damage, but have fairly low hp themselves. A few force lightnings should take them out. Since you are a guardian in that case, have Kreia do it. If you find yourself dying to quicky, buy a few medpacks before you engage in the battle. Just common advice, I know. :)

I know you are an extreminst, but the middle of the road really is a good way to go in TSL IMHO.

~HOP

About party members....I only use my main dude. I know you may think that's stupid, but I find just focusing on my character, giving him the best stuff, is easier and gets better results. I absolutely hate having to manage a whole group of party members, finding out what they should be wearing/wielding, what should I level up, etc.. I get confused, fast. Fallout Tactics, same problem, I only used one guy and got great results. So yeah, is it possible to do a party of only one Consular throughout the whole game?

Oh and is there some sort of mod that after a battle takes you out of the "Battle" stance, it gets annoying waiting 10 seconds just so I can heal my character after a battle.

I suppose it's possible, though I wouldn't reccomend it. If you don't like to worry about the party members, just use the auto level up on them. They probably won't get the best feats...but its better than nothing. Just give the jedied party members a saber, don't even have to upgrade it. Just a suggestion. I fail to see how a battle could possibly be easier with one person, aas opposed to three - but hey thats your call. ;) With all those kinrath attcking at once, that battle can be hard on just one player. The speed for powers could really help you. A strike and run if you will

I have no idea what so ever if a mod like that exists. You should search in the Taris Upper City Emporium here on the forums. Or kotorflies, they have just about every KOTOR mod made. :)

~HOP

Well, I never payed much attention to the Dexterity Attribute, but after purchasing TSL for the Comp, I re-looked at each attribute, and I made a startling discovery:

More DEX = More Defense

More Defense = Less getting hit.

I'd say make another Guardian build, where you have a decent DEX level. You might have less of an impact, but you also get hit less.

Also, I recommend the Speed skills. Master Flurry and Master Speed can hit up to 5 times.

Oh and is there some sort of mod that after a battle takes you out of the "Battle" stance, it gets annoying waiting 10 seconds just so I can heal my character after a battle.

I was always able to heal myself during the battle with the Force heal power or with a medpack.

If you have to many hit attacks going at once you can take them off and pick medpack for next in line or in between hits.

I've never had to wait until after the battle to heal

Plus if you are playing as one person and not a group it is easier to heal since you don't have to pick which person by picking on the portrait.

Hope this helps

Eefluxx

Well I know I can heal in battle, but after the battle the game still thinks in rounds for like 10 seconds, where you can only use 1 medpac. Once 10 seconds are over I can go to inventory and click medpac to get healed.

One character also helps because of the immense ammount of credits, you don't need all the blasters and armors, so sell them and get great items.

I also found a great thing for Consulars to start off, get a blaster, get force deflection and energy absorb force power. And you can stay back and blast enemies away without suffering too much damage!

About party members....I only use my main dude.

That is the problem with your battles then. If you are going to be a Consular, then I highly advise you to utilize your party members, or you will be dying a lot. ;) You can still have the best stuff if you play the game with your party members. ;) Just give um' a simple blaster pistol/rifle and/or a vibroblade and an extra armor suit. You can still keep the best stuff for yourself when doing that. ;)

Anyway, I decided to go to the force power side, a jedi consular. I need some advice here, I got 16 in both my charisma and wisdom, and a 14 in intelligence, the rest were 10's. I really want to become a force power only dude, not have to rely on my sword as often.

If you are playing as a Jedi Consular, I would also highly recommend that you have a much higher Dexterity. Consulars don't get all that many feats, and skills either. You NEED that Dexterity as a Jedi Consular, other wise you will have a defense rating like Bao-Dur, ir lower. :( Take off a couple of points in Charisma and Wisdom. Put them in the Dexterity (you would have to start your game over. :/) Once you get a feat, put it in Lightsaber Finesse/Melee weapon Finesse. This helps with combat, for it takes from either your strenght or dexterity. ;) You will still need to use that sword of yours, friend. You can't just use Force Powers. ;) That is about the best that I can think of right now...

Oh, and welcome to LucasForums!

@zemegauser:

First, with that guardian build, I didn't see your constitution stat. You definitely want to beef that up. If you're a lightsaber fighter you always have to get in close, and some enemies (ie: viper kinrath) not only have high defense but can be quite heavy hitters. In the early levels, they can be a handful without judicious use of your party members. You have them for a reason, and besides, in TSL they gain a variety of useful bonuses if you can advance your influence far enough. So if you want to forego using the force powers, just armour up.

DS Jedi Consular >> Sith Lord = Uber.

My favourite way to play TSL. It does take a little while before you're very powerful, but once you hit the late teens, fuhgettaboutit. You can spam Force Storm ad nauseum and never even come close to exhausting your force points. Everything except getting rushed by several very powerful enemies will be toast. Almost makes the game too easy, really.

Well, I did the following, I made a Jedi Consular skilled in Wisdom and Charisma, got the Sith Lord prestige class, got to level 20 and I am unbeatable and can spam force storm wherever I want. I just needed my companions in the beginning but in the end, they are just somebody to fall back upon if I get stunned or something.

I am now gonna try a Sentinel build, focusing on Intelligence and Stealth.

Archived