Home

Sam & Max Toys!

Shocker Toys

I hate Shocker Toys, look what they did with The Maxx... so ugly!

No confidence in Shocker Toys. Also please learn how to make a website Shocker Toys it is hideous.

Also making a Sol figure by just repainting your Scud one is cheap.

Again, Shocker Toys is no good.

Wow someone knows how to google search/attack us!

What exactly did we do to deserve your hate of us besides being Sam and Max fans and makers of one of the most genius toy lines of all times. As far as the Maxx you saw the latest pics with 20+POA and headress and Isz? I guess not and if you mean our great little Maxx vinyl toy it is a cute designer toy part of an new toy line called Indie Spotlight designer series. We will have that Maxx for sale limited to 500pcs at booth# 3948 at SDCC this July.

The website is actually not hideous just no flash, we like it warm and cozy and it is getting an upgrade with latest software this month.

Sol figure with a repaint? Actually those designs were given to us by Rob Schrab himself and the head is a different sculpt then basic SCUD figure.

Hope that answered all your questions and again Sam and Max in Indie Spotlight is a must we are the only company doing a toy line with Comic, Anime and other characters you want to see as fans! Because we are fans!

You still messed up the arms bad on the Sol figure.

And your Maxx figure is still hideous, the proportions are way off. I don't know what that has to do with me Google searching you or hating you because you like Sam and Max(?).

Sorry, but this is my way of saying if Sam and Max figures are indeed up in the air for a toy company to make them, I think Shocker Toys should get the last bid.

Give it to someone like Mezco or something.

You still messed up the arms bad on the Sol figure.

And your Maxx figure is still hideous, the proportions are way off. I don't know what that has to do with me Google searching you or hating you because you like Sam and Max(?).

Sorry, but this is my way of saying if Sam and Max figures are indeed up in the air for a toy company to make them, I think Shocker Toys should get the last bid.

Give it to someone like Mezco or something.

Again Rob Schrab gave us the turnarounds for 'SOL' so how are the arms messed up?

As for The Maxx do you mean the 8" have you seen the updated pics?

Maxx_v2.jpg

This is one/our/fans take on The Maxx if you are a fan please note he was drawn many different ways and to translate into a 20+poa is hard enough.

Also wow not so critical were you of Mezco's Heroes line when it first hit? You loved squishy face Hiro? Why are you so critical of us doing a toy of something we are fans of? Could you runt his company any better? We are toy fans who want to make toys we like if you don't like them there is 1,000s of others who will.

Because you would end up taking the Sam and Max toy licenses and you would do a bad job. It's plain and simple. Your toys are just hideous. The Scud one is the only one that looks good because he is a robot. You guys have no idea how to handle organic shapes. Like I guess I'm being a jerk about it, but I feel strongly. Fans shouldn't always have the right to make something.

I do understand Sam Kieth hardly ever draws anything the same way, but I don't think The Maxx was ever drawn like that. And I know Sam Kieth's style very well.

I mean if you just want straight criticism on what's wrong with that toy, his feet are too small, legs are way too long, he has hardly any hunch, and his frontside isn't hulking either way. Whoever sculpted it at Shocker Toys gave him a more super hero build. The Maxx never looked that strong and ripped, and besides, The Maxx is just a fat sweaty plumber named Dave who has amnesia.

503922839_371111d614.jpg?v=0

This toy is not made of good plastic or has the greatest texture, but all the proportions are very true the comic.

I shudder to see what your Mr. Gone looks like.

I don't know, I mean I guess I'm just sounding like a mega jerk, but I'm a consumer American whatever too, and I collect toys, and I like them to look good and be of high quality. So I get disappointed when a license I like is mishandled, which also means another company who might have done a better job cannot have the license until it is relinquished from the first company. And usually by then interest would be lost for another toy line anyways.

Because you would end up taking the Sam and Max toy licenses and you would do a bad job. It's plain and simple. Your toys are just hideous. The Scud one is the only one that looks good because he is a robot. You guys have no idea how to handle organic shapes. Like I guess I'm being a jerk about it, but I feel strongly. Fans shouldn't always have the right to make something.

I do understand Sam Kieth hardly ever draws anything the same way, but I don't think The Maxx was ever drawn like that. And I know Sam Kieth's style very well.

I mean if you just want straight criticism on what's wrong with that toy, his feet are too small, legs are way too long, he has hardly any hunch, and his frontside is hulking either way. Whoever sculpted it at Shocker Toys gave him a more super hero build. The Maxx never looked that strong and ripped, and besides, The Maxx is just a fat sweaty plumber named Dave who has amnesia.

503922839_371111d614.jpg?v=0

This toy is not made of good plastic or has the greatest texture, but all the proportions are very true the comic.

I shudder to see what your Mr. Gone looks like.

I don't know, I mean I guess I'm just sounding like a mega jerk, but I'm a consumer American whatever too, and I collect toys, and I like them to look good and be of high quality. So I get disappointed when a license I like is mishandled, which also means another company who might have done a better job cannot have the license until it is relinquished from the first company. And usually by then interest would be lost for another toy line anyways.

And McFarlanes version dosen't look superherish.....ok. Anyways when transfering to a hyper articulated figure some things must be changed like the feet and joint areas. If you like the old 6poa version then stick with it no one is condeming you for it I own McFarlanes version myself......remember I am a collector as well. I also own LCBH that is another story lol. Also another company may have taken a different approach and the toy might have looked nothing like The Maxx we tried to balance it out but with you it seems we can't win. Are you going to SDCC love to chat with you at our panel or booth.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I hate it when I miss a good discussion.

Yeah, Shocker Toys man, if you didnt want harsh criticism, then you should not have posted here. Generally theres only like 10 of us regular posters here, and one thing we seem to do is bash people that try to pawn their stuff off on us.

That bible thumping Brush guy and his lame fan game that he obviously gave up on, that guy that went crazy at "Build-A-Bear Workshop" and made a Max doll, and that dude with his $100 Surfin the Highway a week before the re release come to mind.

Plus I dunno. I dont collect action figures or know anything about the artists you guys talked about, and I still thought all the action figures on your site kinda sucked. I goto Toys R Us with my kid and he picks out cooler looking ones for $6 compared to your $95 Metalocolypse figures that look like their made from melting wax, and cant even hold a guitar since their arms only go straight up in the air, or down, like my old 70s-80s Star Wars figures.

Again I'll say it: Harsh criticism is what were good at.

• 3 weeks later...

I see no moving parts. As long as their not sold as "Action Figures" its cool.

Probably still wouldnt buy them though. Nothing stays pretty in my house it seems. Plus I'm too lazy to collect any thing. I have a few Sam & Max comics, and an original Surfin the Highway. Plus the games. And that book thing Efidgey Mound or whatever. But I dunno....Figurines? Maybe....If they arent a stupid ammount of money.

Looks pretty snazzy though. Official or not.

Yeah, I dunno, I have a kid, and I mean, I think I could keep them out of his reach, but, for how long?

Plus, I dunno, it was a struggle to get my autographed Sam & Max posters hung up in the house in a spot my "woman" didnt hate, and then a week later I walked down the hallway in the dark and brushed up against one of them, knocking it down, breaking the glass frame I had it put in, and scratching up part of the poster.

I pretty much decided books, and items under $20 only at that point.

...the statue will retail for under $100. Each will be hand numbered and weigh enough to kill a charging rhino. (Do not harm any rhinos with the statue!) We will have pre-order info up as soon as Steve Purcell approves the paint.

It'll be a limited run of 1,000 sadly. Here's a link to their blog with only Sam & Max related posts showing their progress(except the first one):

http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?tag=steve-purcell

Archived