Home

Force Resistance/Immunity: are they worth it?

Darth krunchy

This is for a scoundrel/Guardian, who will have pretty good Saving throws (high saves in Ref. from Scoundrel, high in Ref. and Fort. from Guardain, and a natural 14 (+2) WIS helps the Will saves. On top of that, I plan on taking the full Conditioning tree (+3 to all saves).

That being said, since I have a very limited number of powers to choose from (I'm going for 7 levels of Scoundrel), is the Force Immunity tree worth it? I've read some "You'll never use it, it's not worth it" some other places, as well as "This is a MUST HAVE power" from others.

What do you think?

Thanks!

This is for a scoundrel/Guardian, who will have pretty good Saving throws (high saves in Ref. from Scoundrel, high in Ref. and Fort. from Guardain, and a natural 14 (+2) WIS helps the Will saves. On top of that, I plan on taking the full Conditioning tree (+3 to all saves).

I usually get Force Ressitance and Immunity; but in truth with the exceptions of Bandon and Malak, you'll rarely need them.

That being said, since I have a very limited number of powers to choose from (I'm going for 7 levels of Scoundrel), is the Force Immunity tree worth it? I've read some "You'll never use it, it's not worth it" some other places, as well as "This is a MUST HAVE power" from others.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Don't bother getting it till you get to level 15 - and only then if you have found yourself struggling against other Force Users ;)

I usually only used it toward the end as well. Most of the other force powers were sufficient to handle the garden variety Sith you bump into along the way. Probably most useful when fighting Malak in the end as he can't suck the life out of ya if you have immunity running.

To be honest, I don't think that you should really get it. I don't normally play the game without it, but I hardly ever use the force power! I would really suggest not getting not because it doesn't work well, but because you hardly ever use it. Put the power to something that you would use more often. Unless of course, you are have a really hard time with enemy force-users. ;) Then I would say get it, just because it would help you in that area. If not, don't get it. That is just my experiance though...

I have a few force powers that are a MUST. Force heal (2) Force Speed (3) Force wave (3) and Force Breech (2) Total of (10) force points.

When I have extra force points to spare, then I'd have force immunity (2) mind trick (1) and saber throw (2) This is the best combination for me with Scout level 5 and Sentinel level 15. This allows the most feats and force powers for my character. Any of the last five force abilities I listed can be whatever I choose. As long as I have force wave and force breech, I can go against any enemy and expect victory. I only need one offensive force power and force breech to handle many enemies at a time. Everything else is just because I have the points to spend.

i never used that, even when i was against the big sith/jedi. you don't need it, but i suppose it could be helpful... only with certain people though.

i found Force Heal and Fear the only really useful ones. others could've been done with a lightsaber/blaster.

What about Force Breech? Is this something that goes hand in hand with Force Immunity?

Force Breach is a power that cancels out your opponent's Personal-upgrade powers. Like Force Speed, Force Valor, etc. I would suggest not getting it though, as your opponent can just re-activate the power in the next round if it wants to.

Force Breach is a power that cancels out your opponent's Personal-upgrade powers. Like Force Speed, Force Valor, etc. I would suggest not getting it though, as your opponent can just re-activate the power in the next round if it wants to.

But if the enemy has force resist, then you lose the ability to attack with the force. Force wave is a nice power, but can't do harm if the enemy has force resist. Force breech cancels force immunity and resist.

Personally, I don't like using it.

There are very few fights that there are actually force users that can disable you. AND FORCE IMMUNITY TAKES AWAY ALL THE FUN and lets you cut through their flesh just like cutting through a normal sith soldier.

Personally, I don't like using it.

There are very few fights that there are actually force users that can disable you. AND FORCE IMMUNITY TAKES AWAY ALL THE FUN and lets you cut through their flesh just like cutting through a normal sith soldier.

What about that over-inflated windbag, Malak? Using force immunity doesn't exactly work that well against him... giving that he's always blasting you with lightning. How does one compensate for that? Even with the electrical capacitance belt, his physical attributes are outrageously high.

I don't care what everyone else says... the goal for KOTOR is to win by using every advantage you can get. F Resistance and F Immunity are well worth it. You don't need THAT many force powers, so don't fret.

Bah, I never think too much about something as trivial as combat mechanics in a game such as KOTOR. If I find myself completely unable to win a fight with my current equipment and attributes, I just cheat to get through it, because I care more about advancing the story than worrying about whether having a second vibroblade in my "off-hand" is practical or not. Style over substance is my motto; that's why I don't waste time using a single lightsaber and a short lightsaber at the same time: it ruins my style.

Archived