Home

Middle of the night, trying to find a seller of components

zemegauser

Erm...not that I know of. Well, I know that some droid parts/upgrade vendors. If they do, not in huge quantities. Other than that you occasionally pick them up in plasteel cylinders and what not. The only way to get a lot of components is to break them down yourself. I wait until the 3rd planet while looking for Jedi Masters and break down anything that I don't want/need. Datapads (useless), extra armor, extra weapons, droid parts/armor, ect. I can normally yield about 3000 or 4000 components. :) Sorry!

Erm...not that I know of. Well, I know that some droid parts/upgrade vendors. If they do, not in huge quantities. Other than that you occasionally pick them up in plasteel cylinders and what not. The only way to get a lot of components is to break them down yourself. I wait until the 3rd planet while looking for Jedi Masters and break down anything that I don't want/need. Datapads (useless), extra armor, extra weapons, droid parts/armor, ect. I can normally yield about 3000 or 4000 components. :) Sorry!

THAT MUCH! I only get about 300-400, and that is with some good armor that goes for 10,000 and other things. What determines how much components you get when breaking down?

Have the person who has the highest skills break the stuff down. They will get more components out of them. I know its tempting to just hoard stuff, (at least it is for me) but annything you know you won't use - break it down, its just collecting dust. As Rev said no dealers sell them in large quantities. Some of the special jedi robes, such as Handmaiden's and others with people's name on them usually yeild a lot of components. Sorry, thats about all you can do.

EDIT: You need higher skill points in I believe repair to get better component values. What expensive armor are you breaking down that gives only 300 components.

~HOP

THAT MUCH! I only get about 300-400, and that is with some good armor that goes for 10,000 and other things. What determines how much components you get when breaking down?

Yup. That much. As I said though, there is a secret to it, and whether or not you picked up on it I have no idea. Wait until the 3rd planet that you visit looking for Jedi Masters. For me, that is normally Nar Shaddaa. You have the twi'lek spinning blades, armor that you don't use (in sometimes mass quantities) and other weapons. Break down implants that you get along the way that don't intrest you, or you don't use for yourself or you party members. As HOP said, break down anything that you don't need That is key. It always works for me. You just have to be patient I guess. :giveup:

EDIT:

And I get 3000 or 4000 components with a very, very unexperianced PC in Repair. ;) Think about it with a high repair skill....:D

EDIT:

And I get 3000 or 4000 components with a very, very unexperianced PC in Repair. ;) Think about it with a high repair skill....:D

Hahaha...maybe you need high skill points in depair. :xp: But I'm pretty sure that repair does help, though it is possible to get many components without it as Rev clearly did. Yeah you can't just get thousands of components all at once unless you have hoarded a lot of stuff. How much are lenses you are trying to build?

~HOP

Most of the armours and weapons the random loot generator spawns at high PC levels will easily break down into the thousands of components. The best way to do it IMHO is to head over to Nar with a fully leveled-up Bao-Dur or Mira or whoever is the most highly skilled party member, equip them with all the skill-boosting wardrobe item you have and use the workbench just off the landing site. TSL will throw way more bits and pieces of junk at you than you'll ever even begin to use anyway, so just go nuts.

Archived