Home

MS Office 2007 mods...

jonathan7

So 2007 sucks? Am I better off just installing my 2005 version on my new pc?

I would say so.

They have totally changed the interface on Office 2007, I certainly don't like it. Remains to be seen if they will see sense and go back the the original way that Word etc works...

Whats so bad with Office 07? I used Office 03 for the longest time, but I find Office 07 to be much better. Everything's laid out where you have to do less clicking, but that just my opinion.

Your clearly in the evil Office 07 cult :xp:

(your still young.... when you get old you will understand when pesky people change things ;))

Now, where did I leave my teeth?

There is this mod where you uninstall it and use Open Office instead XD lol

Quoted for complete and utter truth.

However, I will say a bit grudgingly that once used to the new layout, I like Office '07 better than earlier versions. Openoffice is still better, and free, too.

Now I dunno about you guys, but I personally think Office 2007 is great. Very easy to use, cuts down time and looks and feels great. My only qualm would be that you need to spend about a month or two getting used to the revamped interface. All in all, it's a top-quality product and very convenient. I especially like how the menu bar disappeared. I thought it looked stunted at first, but it's great. :D

I really, really, really dislike Office '07... heck, that's probably why I'm still using '97 Professional Edition!

But, it is possible to change the Interface back to the classic view? Hmmm..... I'll have to look at that when my dad decides that its time to get Office '07.

As for Open Office, every time I've used it, I've found that it tends to be a RAM sucker.... It seems to take far more resources than a simple Office Program should... but, maybe that's just me.

Archived