Home

E3 '08=confirmations or not?

Darca Lar

So E3 is taking place this week and no word on K3 or any relation to it. All we've heard from LA so far is TFU stuff.

Do you guys think that maybe they'll put rumors to rest or what? Or was this covered in the press conference cuz I missed that.

I personally think K3 will not be covered at all this year. That MMO everyone is talking about might not be revealed or whatever until mid-next year or so.

Tell me what you guys think...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Game Trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/e3_calendar_2008/?selDate=1216278000&ap=am) BioWare will be debuting a "new game" today, at 10am PT (which is in 3 hours). I don't think this new game is Dragon Age since it was already shown at E3 and we have trailers and gameplay videos. Most likely, it'll be Mass Effect 2, though chances are it may be (KO)TOR MMO. We will see in 3 hours.

It'll be Mass Effect 2. I think that it'd be incredibly difficult keeping a K3 secret - given the amount of rumor mongering and hype that already surrounds something that, as far as we know, will never happen.

It could be this supposed new 'MMO' that theyre apparently working on, but I have a feeling it's going to be Mass Effect 2.

But, if it is the fabled KOTOR3, then they should win an award for keeping it quiet this long.

I can't find any video from the BioWare's game debut on GemaTrailers.com (wonder if it actually happened) BUT. I got sth very interesting:

EA to Play in Knights of the Old Republic

N. Evan Van Zelfden in Los Angeles warns, watch out World of Warcraft. In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-tech-observer/2008/07/17/ea-to-play-in-knights-of-the-old-republic

So. Has John Riccitiello just confirmed (KO)TOR MMO?

I can't find any video from the BioWare's game debut on GemaTrailers.com (wonder if it actually happened) BUT. I got sth very interesting:

:( , I guess that's it. No more KOTOR 3 for me. :(

Not really into the pay every month thing, but if it goes guild wars style, then I might get it.

yeah...well if it IS true, then i guess no more KOTOR heading my way either... if you ask me, making a KOTOR MMO is a bad idea, i think its a downgrade to the experience, story wise. There wont be that old KOTOR feel and charm, like in the other 2 games..Now its gonna be grind grind grind grind, like every MMO out there... and if its like WoW and such, a KOTOR game with no ending=lame, and the whole KOTOR name will have been destroyed for me.

Oh well, theres always TFU and TSLRP

yeah...well if it IS true, then i guess no more KOTOR heading my way either... if you ask me, making a KOTOR MMO is a bad idea, i think its a downgrade to the experience, story wise. There wont be that old KOTOR feel and charm, like in the other 2 games..Now its gonna be grind grind grind grind, like every MMO out there... and if its like WoW and such, a KOTOR game with no ending=lame, and the whole KOTOR name will have been destroyed for me.

Oh well, theres always TFU and TSLRP

I agree. They obviously did this for the money, seeing WoW and It's success, they thought it would be better. They might do something like Galaxies, where they continue the story but in Chapters you take part in, and they last like 3 months each. I truly do not know.

Hold on, hold on.

EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

This translates to me as "K3 AND it will have a multiplayer component" not that it's exclusively multiplayer. Seems like both. Which is feasible. Or it's just me being hopeful.

Hold on, hold on.

EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

This translates to me as "K3 AND it will have a multiplayer component" not that it's exclusively multiplayer. Seems like both. Which is feasible. Or it's just me being hopeful.

Age on Conan style anyone??? Hope is restoring!!

Just remember guys, that while EA owns Bioware, that statement above might not have anything to do with them.

As far as I know, Bioware still operates indepently, so they could still have a SW related announcement. (doubtful, but theres always a chance)

EA to Play in Knights of the Old Republic

N. Evan Van Zelfden in Los Angeles warns, watch out World of Warcraft. In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs...e-old-republic

if that's true, then kotor just crashed and burned. just like linxx said, it'll just be endless grinding, pointless disjointed questing, no storyline, no character development...nothing...

BUT! if it's true, there is still a glimmer of hope. Notice he said mmo COMPONENT. Could this mean it's like the Neverwinter Nights series, where it has a full-fledged single player campaign, but also an online multiplayer?

Just remember guys, that while EA owns Bioware, that statement above might not have anything to do with them.

As far as I know, Bioware still operates indepently, so they could still have a SW related announcement. (doubtful, but theres always a chance)

But what did they say at their debut? They were supposed to reveal something!

if that's true, then kotor just crashed and burned. just like linxx said, it'll just be endless grinding, pointless disjointed questing, no storyline, no character development...nothing...

BUT! if it's true, there is still a glimmer of hope. Notice he said mmo COMPONENT. Could this mean it's like the Neverwinter Nights series, where it has a full-fledged single player campaign, but also an online multiplayer?

Ahem...my post. Age of conan style.

In age of conan, the first 20 levels were a singleplayer game, then you could go out to multiplayer.

Ahem...my post. Age of conan style.

In age of conan, the first 20 levels were a singleplayer game, then you could go out to multiplayer.

we posted at the same time, i didn't see it XD

Though i think NWN's method sounds better than AOC....

That, and any videos from the BioWare's game debut on E3 are nowhere to be found. I mean like WTH? Just officially announce it. Everyone know already anyway.

God what if they announce Kotor 3, I might just faint.:lol::lol:

Oh and Ryuu, the 20 levels are a fully fledged story.

God what if they announce Kotor 3, I might just faint.:lol::lol:

Oh and Ryuu, the 20 levels are a fully fledged story.

i know, it just sounds like you have to beat that to unlock multiplayer? i dunno if that's how it works, i've never played Age of Conan. In NWN you can do whichever you want from the get-go.

That, and any videos from the BioWare's game debut on E3 are nowhere to be found. I mean like WTH? Just officially announce it. Everyone know already anyway.

They want to piss us off so we loose hope and then try to re-surprise us.:xp:

Archived