Home

E3 '08=confirmations or not?

Darca Lar

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't get your hopes up. i think they enjoy messing with us.

Messing? More like torturing us. :(

And to Han--- Ok fine then, we shall see how it turns out then we can discuss about it in more detail. Pointless arguing about something we know barely anything about.

There will always be grinding in MMOs but making grinding fun and exciting is the key.

*receive random quest*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*finish random quest*

how do you make that fun? there's only so much you can do in an MMO. The very elements that make it massively multiplayer also restrict depth or variation. quests in general fall into "go get this", "go kill this", "go here", or some combination of those three things.

i doubt that, since the rumors (which are apparently true now) place this MMO around 3500 BBY where KotOR is a little less than 4000 BBY

Maybe i missed the announcement of a confirmed time period... that would be cool though. Lots of fertile ground in between the mandalorian wars and the "new sith war."

*receive random quest*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*kill*

*loot*

*finish random quest*

how do you make that fun? there's only so much you can do in an MMO. The very elements that make it massively multiplayer also restrict depth or variation. quests in general fall into "go get this", "go kill this", "go here", or some combination of those three things.

there will be puzzles quests with storylines. Try playing Runescape...with public off....

Maybe i missed the announcement of a confirmed time period... that would be cool though. Lots of fertile ground in between the mandalorian wars and the "new sith war."

well it's not confirmed, but it's part of the leak about Lucasarts copyrighting three Star Wars titles for games. Two are likely red herrings, and the third (and sorta obvious) Star Wars The Old Republic is likely the real deal. at least i read it in something affiliated with that, lol

that'd be weird. i mean could there possibly be any more hype for this freaking supposed game.

he also broke contract agreements and NDAs by "slipping" with the info. That's a serious problem for any employee, but a CEO? he's in deep...

well it's not confirmed, but it's part of the leak about Lucasarts copyrighting three Star Wars titles for games. Two are likely red herrings, and the third (and sorta obvious) Star Wars The Old Republic is likely the real deal. at least i read it in something affiliated with that, lol

Cool.

Well I'm curious as to how the game is gonna be, if there are gonna be different classes and jobs and whatnot. If there are, then again I say that theres gonna be 50 000 jedis all wanting to kill each other all over the map and that can get old very quick. Anyways, it will be an MMO, to my great sadness, so theres gonna be grinding and maybe paying fees, which would mean I wouldnt play it except if theres a trial period or something. *Sigh* its sad but now officially true so we have to wait now.

Well I'm curious as to how the game is gonna be, if there are gonna be different classes and jobs and whatnot. If there are, then again I say that theres gonna be 50 000 jedis all wanting to kill each other all over the map and that can get old very quick. Anyways, it will be an MMO, to my great sadness, so theres gonna be grinding and maybe paying fees, which would mean I wouldnt play it except if theres a trial period or something. *Sigh* its sad but now officially true so we have to wait now.

EA owns Bioware so fees are about as certain as death and taxes. If, by some act of God, there aren't fees, I will be AMAZED...

HOLY **** E3 LIVE WATCH NOW!!~!

anyway, lol, confirmation. KotOR MMO. They did not say KotOR III MMO, so maybe there is hope. Still, based on Lucasarts' current activities, it seems like the MMO is being done instead of an actual sequel, for reasons no one will ever know or understand...

They just confirmed the KotOR MMO, regarding the leaked info.

you would have had to be watching the live feed for about 30 seconds to get the confirmation, hehe

darth, these Posts on page 3....on gamespot.com

I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. 95% of the responses are negative, they must feel stupid now.

Everyone was asking for KOTOR 3, maybe 5% were asking for an MMO. Yet Bioware against all odds goes with an MMO. It will fail, WoW and AoC are the top, and KOTOR MMO will not last for long unless they do something drastic like a complete new MMO experience.

Archived