Home

E3 '08=confirmations or not?

Darca Lar

I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. 95% of the responses are negative, they must feel stupid now.

Everyone was asking for KOTOR 3, maybe 5% were asking for an MMO. Yet Bioware against all odds goes with an MMO. It will fail, WoW and AoC are the top, and KOTOR MMO will not last for long unless they do something drastic like a complete new MMO experience.

Yeah I agree, they would be stupid not to continue with the kotor franchise. I still hope that this mmo sets the stage for a future kotor3. i don't think it will fail though. a lot of people will try it, and if it is a fun experience then it will succeed.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I agree, they would be stupid not to continue with the kotor franchise. I still hope that this mmo sets the stage for a future kotor3. i don't think it will fail though. a lot of people will try it, and if it is a fun experience then it will succeed.

I remember playing the SWG trial (pre-nge of course) , and it was really fun. Especially meeting new people, setting up raids, a city being attacked by rebels. It should strive to be 10x better than that, and then I might love it.

I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. 95% of the responses are negative, they must feel stupid now.

I think most responses aren't as much negative as they are unsure.

Most of the negative responses on this thread are the same people spamming their hatred for a game that hasn't even released any development info on it yet.

I think most responses aren't as much negative as they are unsure.

Most of the negative responses on this thread are the same people spamming their hatred for a game that hasn't even released any development info on it yet.

And most of the positive responses (mainly your responses) are full of blind hope.

so does this mean that the KOTOR MMO has been under development in Austin? if so im about an hour away from where it's being made...(San Antonio)

so i guess that's kinda cool :lol:

i really can't find any more positives here LOL

so does this mean that the KOTOR MMO has been under development in Austin? if so im about an hour away from where it's being made...(San Antonio)

so i guess that's kinda cool :lol:

Well then....Shotguns are in the back of my trunk, take as many as you want. Please be free to take any grenades as well if you wish.

Well then....Shotguns are in the back of my trunk, take as many as you want. Please be free to take any grenades as well if you wish.

not necessary, remember i live in Texas. i have enough friends with guns :D

thanks for the offer though :xp:

I did say that your answers are positive, but I said they are full of blind hope, which is true.

blind hope does seem to have a bad connotation to it, but yea it's the same thing as saying faith.

i will say this. if anyone has the ability to change or truly expand on what an MMO is, it's Bioware.

after all, they did create my favorite modern game.

yeah...well if it IS true, then i guess no more KOTOR heading my way either... if you ask me, making a KOTOR MMO is a bad idea, i think its a downgrade to the experience, story wise. There wont be that old KOTOR feel and charm, like in the other 2 games..Now its gonna be grind grind grind grind, like every MMO out there... and if its like WoW and such, a KOTOR game with no ending=lame, and the whole KOTOR name will have been destroyed for me.

Oh well, theres always TFU and TSLRP

I feel you man , this is a sad news if its true.

this is the end of kotor for me if the sequel we all waited for is a mmo.

I played enough mmo's to know that they all lack of something ( good story , character devlopement.) plus i dont want to grind 5 hours to get a stupid level.Its the second bad moves that BioWare have done this years .

The first one was when they got buyed by EA.

blind hope does seem to have a bad connotation to it, but yea it's the same thing as saying faith.

i will say this. if anyone has the ability to change or truly expand on what an MMO is, it's Bioware.

after all, they did create my favorite modern game.

I do agree with this. If anyone can improve MMOs it's Bioware. However, it is their first (simultaneous) foray into the MMO genre, so problems are more likely than usual. They're doing two MMOs at once, which further increases the likelihood of gameplay issues.

Then there's the whole grinding, quest, and story problem. How do you fix grinding? How do you vary quests so that they are less repetitive but also remain compatible with an MMO structure? How do you flesh out a compelling, dramatic story where even cutscenes are limited or nonexistent? Then there's the problem of character development, the total lack of an NPC party, among other things. The "social" aspects of an MMO are precisely what will keep it from being a KotOR experience.

I do agree with this. If anyone can improve MMOs it's Bioware. However, it is their first (simultaneous) foray into the MMO genre, so problems are more likely than usual. They're doing two MMOs at once, which further increases the likelihood of gameplay issues.

Then there's the whole grinding, quest, and story problem. How do you fix grinding? How do you vary quests so that they are less repetitive but also remain compatible with an MMO structure? How do you flesh out a compelling, dramatic story where even cutscenes are limited or nonexistent? Then there's the problem of character development, the total lack of an NPC party, among other things. The "social" aspects of an MMO are precisely what will keep it from being a KotOR experience.

I'm optimistic that with the proper mix of instances and npcs the story/party system could be really sweet. And like you said it is bioware, they are innovators in the industry. Maybe with the Lucas Arts/EA money they will do something great. Maybe...

I'm optimistic that with the proper mix of instances and npcs the story/party system could be really sweet. And like you said it is bioware, they are innovators in the industry. Maybe with the Lucas Arts/EA money they will do something great. Maybe...

There's no party in an MMO, that's my point. You create your own party by teaming up with human friends or random other players. You can't make a solid (or even decent or interesting) story with that.

Friendly Entrence... so are you joining the debate or just saying that?

I'm saying it because I didn't want this to happen. I'm mainly afraid that this will take the place of, or intend to be, KOTOR III. And that'll be crap because it'll alienate so many fans of the series who have been wanting to know just what happens after the previous game's cliffhanger ending but are not MMO fans.

That, and that I feel obligated to eat up anything from the KOTOR era, but am not an MMO fan; which will mean that I'll either buy the game and be horrible at it or not buy the game and cry myself to sleep every night because I was missing out on the stories from that time period.

Archived