Home

E3 '08=confirmations or not?

Darca Lar

For all you know this might not even be KOTOR III just a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

All this MMO is going to do is take SWG's dying place and show people what a GOOD SW MMO could look like.

They will most likely take all of the lessons learned from SWG and implement them in this game.

Yeah exactly. I said a long long time ago that they won't make a K3 MMO it will be a separate game. Besides such a prestigious company like Bioware aren't going to screw it up.

I'm amazed at how many narrow minded people there are on here.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all you know this might not even be KOTOR III just a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

All this MMO is going to do is take SWG's dying place and show people what a GOOD SW MMO could look like.

They will most likely take all of the lessons learned from SWG and implement them in this game.

Thats true, I believe this is NOT K3, its just a KOTOR MMO, BASED on the franchise... even so, if it isnt K3, then that means it will either never be made or it will take many many years to be made... and that sucks

Thats true, I believe this is NOT K3, its just a KOTOR MMO, BASED on the franchise... even so, if it isnt K3, then that means it will either never be made or it will take many many years to be made... and that sucks

that's the problem. we have to wait untold number more years for a real sequel because of this? i find that almost insulting...i'm starting to agree with the people who complain about The Force Unleashed not getting a PC release: I think Lucasarts really is just trying to piss us off anymore...:(

Yeah exactly. I said a long long time ago that they won't make a K3 MMO it will be a separate game. Besides such a prestigious company like Bioware aren't going to screw it up.

I'm amazed at how many narrow minded people there are on here.

Narrow minded? Fat chance. Did you realize that if Bioware are gonna work on MMO, then that will mean no KOTOR 3 for quite a while. Many years maybe. Unless you want another crappy company to take over and really mess up the KOTOR 3 game. But I guess you higher-minded person would like to not have KOTOR 3 for much longer.

Narrow mind my ass, you are the one that is narrow minded!

That is WoW your describing, You never know what this game will be like. It could be like LOTRO with instanced chapters released frequently driving forward an awesome story. different classes, jedi, bounty hunter, merc. soldier, medic, etc. Add in tons of cool races and a diablo style hunter gatherer system with tons of new weapons items componets for crafting...

It might be playable....

dude...it's an MMO...no matter what cool stuff you introduce, it still ends up as a grinder with no decent storyline.

Clearly you have been playing the wrong MMOs.

Also, grinding is become old news. Most new MMOs are implementing things so grinding doesn't become as tedious.

Also as far as a story line, there are plenty of games with good storylines.

Learn to be a little more open-minded

And plus... MMO's are known to be ADDICTIVE, and I know that from experience. Sooner or later, it may very well become like the others, and be just about keeping people hooked on the game whilst the story doenst even make sense anymore. Again this is speculation, I dont know how the game is gonna be.. just thinking out loud here

Clearly you have been playing the wrong MMOs.

Also, grinding is become old news. Most new MMOs are implementing things so grinding doesn't become as tedious.

Also as far as a story line, there are plenty of games with good storylines.

Learn to be a little more open-minded

Come on, give me examples. Back up your opinion or it has no value.

it's amazing how how many of it's fans Bioware is pissing off with this possible move...every forum i go to people are going insane.

it will be SO ****** if Bioware only releases an MMO and never a real KOTOR III.

i was trying to look on the bright side of this earlier, but the more i think about it the more upset i get.

Did you realize that if Bioware are gonna work on MMO, then that will mean no KOTOR 3 for quite a while. Many years maybe.

Bioware is a big company. They are already making many games right now the way it is. I'm sure in a year or two they'll start working on KOTOR III.

That is WoW your describing, You never know what this game will be like. It could be like LOTRO with instanced chapters released frequently driving forward an awesome story. different classes, jedi, bounty hunter, merc. soldier, medic, etc. Add in tons of cool races and a diablo style hunter gatherer system with tons of new weapons items componets for crafting...

It might be playable....

every MMO i've played is the same after about ten or fifteen hours

LOTRO: pointless quest, grind

SWG: pointless quest, grind

FFXI: pointless quest, grind

GW: pointless quest, grind

I will never touch WOW, lolz

yes there are plenty of games with good storylines. NONE of them are MMOs...

Narrow minded? Fat chance. Did you realize that if Bioware are gonna work on MMO, then that will mean no KOTOR 3 for quite a while. Many years maybe. Unless you want another crappy company to take over and really mess up the KOTOR 3 game. But I guess you higher-minded person would like to not have KOTOR 3 for much longer.

Narrow mind my ass, you are the one that is narrow minded!

Do you even know what narrow minded is? How am I narrow minded I'm open to the idea of a KotOR MMO, I'm being open minded, not narrow minded or higher-minded (which doesn't even relate to this).

And actually I am quite prepared to wait for K3, I'm in no hurry, if there are true fans of KotOR, then when K3 is finally released, be it 10 years from now, the true fans will come back and play it, time is no risk here. Also, on the subject of 'crappy' companies, Obsidian (including their ideas) made the better game, it was the time constraints put in place by LA that makes people prefer K1...

Bioware is a big company. They are already making many games right now the way it is. I'm sure in a year or two they'll start working on KOTOR III.

Then what game will they focus on the most.

They will probally put aside a small, unexperienced group for KOTOR 3, and put the experts into the money grinder KOTOR MMO.

Do you even know what narrow minded is? How am I narrow minded I'm open to the idea of a KotOR MMO, I'm being open minded, not narrow minded or higher-minded (which isn't even a word).

And actually I am quite prepared to wait for K3, I'm in no hurry, if there are true fans of KotOR, then when K3 is finally released, be it 10 years from now, the true fans will come back and play it, time is no risk here. Also, on the subject of 'crappy' companies, Obsidian (including their ideas) made the better game, it was the time constraints put in place by LA that makes people prefer K1...

Maybe, we shall see. I would have rather have it right now, ten years from now is a long time, and who knows what I will be doing then.

every MMO i've played is the same after about ten or fifteen hours

LOTRO: pointless quest, grind

SWG: pointless quest, grind

FFXI: pointless quest, grind

GW: pointless quest, grind

I will never touch WOW, lolz

My mistake. MMO's aren't for everyone, and this news might be disappointing, but hey it might be worth playing for others. I for one want to play and try this game. I also want to play an epic SPRPG resolving the story lines KOTOR and KOTOR2 began. We'll see. Maybe this game will set the stage for a future kotor 3....

Come on, give me examples. Back up your opinion or it has no value.

Alright my hyper friend.

Games implementing little grinding are games like DarkFall and another game which name escapes me.

There will always be grinding in MMOs but making grinding fun and exciting is the key. That's why SWG use to be so fun.

As far as storyline, (though I didn't like the gameplay) Lord of the Rings Online in my opinion had a very good storyline. Also AoC has a good story from what I've heard.

It's all about making it fun.

My mistake. MMO's aren't for everyone, and this news might be disappointing, but hey it might be worth playing for others. I for one want to play and try this game. I also want to play an epic SPRPG resolving the story lines KOTOR and KOTOR2 began. We'll see. Maybe this game will set the stage for a future kotor 3....

i doubt that, since the rumors (which are apparently true now) place this MMO around 3500 BBY where KotOR is a little less than 4000 BBY

Archived