Home

EA to Play in Knights of the Old Republic

JediAthos

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The forum admins on Bioware still say it's a rumor so you guys may be in-luck.

Or not ;)

that's because they can't say anything without a green-light from a higher-up, otherwise they're breaking NDA and putting their jobs at risk.

that's because they can't say anything without a green-light from a higher-up, otherwise they're breaking NDA and putting their jobs at risk.

I know, I'm just giving you guys some false hope.

It's my job. :)

Dancing cows...nope, he has no shame :xp:

Anyways, MMO=money.

Kotor=loved game

Kotor + mmo = many fans who will buy it and pay money

Galaxies proved they don't give a sh*t about storytelling. Two million Jedi running around in a time where there's supposed to only be 1? HK-47 cameo? If Galaxies was just anything like it used to be.... :(

Let's face it: True RPG/roleplaying fans like us won't like that MMO. I mean...some of us use only 1 lightsaber in the Kotor game out of roleplaying reasons...and we'll have to face angrykenobi1995 who wields seven sabers and has the 'zomgzor robe of +2 Wookieebreath' ?

I'm currently playing WoW. It respects the Warcraft Universe. All the Warcraft heroes are there and far stronger then you can ever become. You don't have thousands of palladins running around called 'Arthaslover17' and such, simply because every class is balanced. And, Jedi aren't....

I dont think 2million people have played SWG, never mind been a Jedi.

If you read Dark times, Rebellion, Legacy you'll find that more Jedi survived than died.

Why do people insist that game mechanics... or in fact a GAME mess up canon? revanownsU123 is not in the Essential Chronology (I could be wrong)

Explain to me how the Jedi Profession in SWG is unbalanced?

If you read Dark times, Rebellion, Legacy you'll find that more Jedi survived than died.

No, more Jedi died than survived. But there were MANY Jedi in the Republic, far more than the New Jedi Order has, even around 130 ABY i think. Many Jedi on the Outer Rim or who were fairly powerful (such as Shaak Ti or the Dark Woman) survived, some to be killed by Vader, others who lived on until the New Jedi Order.

@ Astor: Agreed, I was exaggerating a bit, but people bitch about there being Jedi between 19bby and 4aby other than Yoda Obi and eventually Luke, but thats been retconned on a monthly basis for years, theres more and more Jedi keep reappearing after the supposed purge

^^

I think I speak for myself when I say your the purist ******* i've ever had the chance to post with

@ Astor: Agreed, I was exaggerating a bit, but people bitch about there being Jedi between 19bby and 4aby other than Yoda Obi and eventually Luke, but thats been retconned on a monthly basis for years, theres more and more Jedi keep reappearing after the supposed purge

yeah but it's still like no more than 50. 100 tops.

Problem is, Lucasarts knows how to make lots of money. MMOs make lots of money. Since the KOTOR franchise is so popular, there are tons of random kids who want to play it, whether it be an MMO or not, because they do not understand how a SPRPG for a game such as KOTOR has far more game-playing quality than an MMO. All they want is mindless lightsaber wielding, uber jedi 'fun'. Too many people don't recognise the importance of a good storyline.

I apologize, the correct definition is...

purism

Noun

strict observance of or insistence on purity in language, style, etc.

purist adjn

puristic adj

Next time you feel like giving a dictionary definition, stick with Webster's. Thanks.

~9

Personally I'm very excited about the KOTOR MMO, it has brought me back to these forums which I haven’t posted in since 2003. I'm also glad that Veran t& SOE have their hands off of this title, hence the KOTOR MMO will actually have a chance to succeed.

I agree that the KOTOR games were fantastic, and I also agree that there should be a third single player title to add some closure to the single player experience while laying the foundation for the coming KOTOR MMO.

The one thing that I want to remind everyone is that Blizzard (Creators of Starcraft, Warcraft, & Diablo) did the same thing back in 2003/2004 that Bioware is doing now. Blizzard took one of their most beloved and successful RTS games (Warcraft) and successfully converted World of Warcraft (Their first MMO) into the most successful MMO of all time. At first, when they announced their change in direction they were received with harsh criticism from their fan base BUT, their fan base chose to have faith in the developer of the game.

You know why?

Because Blizzard (Like Bioware) held/holds an incredible track record for excellence in game design.

I believe that the KOTOR MMO will not stand unless the player base decides to back up the development team and give the team trust and support, by in part, helping create a positive news culture around the game.

I propose that we agree to disagree on these issues in the following weeks but I hope that the KOTOR base will unite behind Bioware’s bold new endeavor.

It is good to be back here.

Regards,

VanishingVision

Archived