JediAthos

Ok, let's draw the line and take down on the paper conclusions:

Bad things:

It's a MMO

50% done until 2011???? WTF?

Good things

It's for PC

We know Lucas didn't forgot about us!!!

It's made with EA, this means it will ROCK!!!!

It's made by BioWAre, again this will ROCK!!!!

Conclusions: IF THEY DON'T MAKE IT FASTER, LET'S ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT OF USA AND LUCAS AND THE EA BOS!!!

Who's the new USA president btw???

Edit: But is it possible to take that long for an MMO. 50 % done until 2011??? Like in 2 and a half years 50%???? That means the whole thing will be more then 5 years?!?!?!

Maybe they will make a normal RPG with an the variant of the MMO, like a multiplayer...

DAMN IT IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE MMO THING THIS WOULD'VE ROCKED SO BAD THE EARTH WOULD SHAKE!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50% done until 2011???? WTF?[/Quote]

OMGWTF! Tone down the text size next time, it's incredibly annoying.

It's made with EA, this means it will ROCK!!!![/Quote]

No, it won't.

Conclusions: IF THEY DON'T MAKE IT FASTER, LET'S ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT OF USA AND LUCAS AND THE EA BOS!!![/Quote]

Because that's exactly the kind of measured response that's needed in this situation. :dozey:

Oh, and Boss has two 's's, see?

[snip!]

Because Blizzard (Like Bioware) held/holds an incredible track record for excellence in game design. [/Quote]

That doesn't mean that it will be good - many thought that about Episode I - 'oh, it Star Wars, has to be good, right?'

Judging on past exploits is all well and good, but means nothing in the end.

Personally I'm very excited about the KOTOR MMO, it has brought me back to these forums which I haven’t posted in since 2003. I'm also glad that Veran t& SOE have their hands off of this title, hence the KOTOR MMO will actually have a chance to succeed.

I agree that the KOTOR games were fantastic, and I also agree that there should be a third single player title to add some closure to the single player experience while laying the foundation for the coming KOTOR MMO.

The one thing that I want to remind everyone is that Blizzard (Creators of Starcraft, Warcraft, & Diablo) did the same thing back in 2003/2004 that Bioware is doing now. Blizzard took one of their most beloved and successful RTS games (Warcraft) and successfully converted World of Warcraft (Their first MMO) into the most successful MMO of all time. At first, when they announced their change in direction they were received with harsh criticism from their fan base BUT, their fan base chose to have faith in the developer of the game.

You know why?

Because Blizzard (Like Bioware) held/holds an incredible track record for excellence in game design.

I believe that the KOTOR MMO will not stand unless the player base decides to back up the development team and give the team trust and support, by in part, helping create a positive news culture around the game.

I propose that we agree to disagree on these issues in the following weeks but I hope that the KOTOR base will unite behind Bioware’s bold new endeavor.

It is good to be back here.

Regards,

VanishingVision

Totally agree. I want a single player KOTOR 3 way more than a KOTOR MMO. But we should wait and see what direction they're taking this game in before we tar and feather BW and LA like an angry mob.

Side note: We can totally lynch EA F**k them...

I want to see EA... change....

Uhhh...

KOTOR MMO = money. Don't rememeber who up there said that, but it's very true. Remember the number one goal of a company: to return the maximum profit to the share-holders. Lucas Arts sometimes goes about doing this by making video games.

You know, as long as this MMO doesn't create any problems for the series, I don't have a problem with it. I don't even see it as hindering the production of a K3, should LA decide to develop it at the same time. The more fans LA can market to, the better.

But this chart kind of spells out the hurdles that Bioware will have to face to make this work.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/Jaesun999/Subscriptions_8846_image001.png

Just remember kids, if you guys know there's a 50-50 split for one game over another, then so does LA and Bioware.

Joy. :dozey:

It will never be KotOR in my eyes. Ever. I don't think that it is proper to just make it a MMO when there are already two non-MMO games out. Not proper at all. I'm not real happy about this. It will never be KotOR in my eyes.... :(

Joy. :dozey:

It will never be KotOR in my eyes. Ever. I don't think that it is proper to just make it a MMO when there are already two non-MMO games out. Not proper at all. I'm not real happy about this. It will never be KotOR in my eyes.... :(

QFE x 2.

Personally I'm very excited about the KOTOR MMO, it has brought me back to these forums which I haven’t posted in since 2003. I'm also glad that Veran t& SOE have their hands off of this title, hence the KOTOR MMO will actually have a chance to succeed.

I agree that the KOTOR games were fantastic, and I also agree that there should be a third single player title to add some closure to the single player experience while laying the foundation for the coming KOTOR MMO.

The one thing that I want to remind everyone is that Blizzard (Creators of Starcraft, Warcraft, & Diablo) did the same thing back in 2003/2004 that Bioware is doing now. Blizzard took one of their most beloved and successful RTS games (Warcraft) and successfully converted World of Warcraft (Their first MMO) into the most successful MMO of all time. At first, when they announced their change in direction they were received with harsh criticism from their fan base BUT, their fan base chose to have faith in the developer of the game.

You know why?

Because Blizzard (Like Bioware) held/holds an incredible track record for excellence in game design.

I believe that the KOTOR MMO will not stand unless the player base decides to back up the development team and give the team trust and support, by in part, helping create a positive news culture around the game.

I propose that we agree to disagree on these issues in the following weeks but I hope that the KOTOR base will unite behind Bioware’s bold new endeavor.

It is good to be back here.

Regards,

VanishingVision

well spoken there. have some thrust in bioware people.

I would have more faith if EA weren't involved. EA has a tendency to trample intellectual properties until they are no longer recognizable. Sorry EA guys...it's how I feel, and now that Bioware is part of EA...well I shudder at the thought.

I would have perhpaps rather seen Lucasarts go back to Obsidian...it would make me feel better.

^ Umm, I've noticed EA has been bucking their trend lately... since John Riccitiello took over. I've got much more faith in EA these days than LucasArts to produce a good game. Besides, EA owns Bioware. That's it. EA isn't developing, EA isn't publishing. How much could they possibly manage to meddle with, if they even do? And how naive and overly optimistic can I possibly sound? XD

Speaking of Obsidian, though... what was the last anyone heard from them on K3, if at all?

Obsidian is cr@ap imo.

They did almost no improvement in K2... They did changed the pixies with normal faces, they changed the interface of the main screen and the mini-games, and they added few animations...

That's all the technical improvement they done... And it's clearly that more ppl enjoyed more playing K1 then TSL...

So I think that Bioware will do a great job, regardless if it's own by EA or not...

And EA always brought games that I enjoyed the most, including the MoH series, the HP series, the NfS series, The Sims 2 and the Fifa and NBA series made by EA Sports...

Speaking of Obsidian, though... what was the last anyone heard from them on K3, if at all?

That they would love to do it. That's it. Obsidian is currently fully-busy. They work on Alpha Protocol, Aliens RPG and second expansion pack for NWN2. If they were to even start the development of K3, it wouldn't happen till 2009, after at least one of their current projects is completed.

I'm not wasting my life on an MMO. Simple as that.

I'm going to take this as an indication that KOTOR 3 is never going to happen, which is obviously nowhere near what I want but at least there's some comfort in knowing it, as opposed to the wait-in-silence we've had for the last couple of years.

@ Sharen Thrawn - I've been digging around for a few months now and there seems to be evidence (particularly based on those "talks" with Obsidian well after Bioware started the MMO) that LA was actively looking for a developer to make KOTOR 3. That says to me that someone somewhere is working on an rpg, or that Obsidian has it on their to-do list, or that Bioware is working on it (they have a next-gen rpg in the works at Austin, too. Check their site, under jobs at Bioware).

@ Henz, evidence from the trademarks from the other week, to the obsidian talks that took place after the MMO started would suggest that K3 is going to be unaffected by this MMO. Star Wars games didn't stop coming out after Galaxies launched, so I don't know where these end KOTOR doomsday theories are coming from. Chillax (yes, I so said it lol), we'll get our game eventually.

@GenPloKoon EA hasn't had a chance to meddle yet. They aren't publishing, either. Riccitiello is just trying to steal credit or something. After all, hands off the studio is his big idea that he's brought to EA. With the lineup EA brought to E3, I might believe he's actually doing that.

Obsidian is cr@ap imo.

They did almost no improvement in K2... They did changed the pixies with normal faces, they changed the interface of the main screen and the mini-games, and they added few animations...

That's all the technical improvement they done... And it's clearly that more ppl enjoyed more playing K1 then TSL...

So I think that Bioware will do a great job, regardless if it's own by EA or not...

And EA always brought games that I enjoyed the most, including the MoH series, the HP series, the NfS series, The Sims 2 and the Fifa and NBA series made by EA Sports...

Yes because the graphics is the most thing in a game especially a RPG. :rolleyes: Go back to school and play the B.I./O.E. games before you show any more signs of foot in mouth disease. Don't even get me started on E.A.

@GenPloKoon EA hasn't had a chance to meddle yet. They aren't publishing, either. Riccitiello is just trying to steal credit or something. After all, hands off the studio is his big idea that he's brought to EA. With the lineup EA brought to E3, I might believe he's actually doing that.

that seems like a lot to expect from EA...meddling (and by extension, usually ruining) is their very nature nowadays...

^ Nowadays? Riccitiello took over last year. Since then EA has delivered Crysis, Skate, Rock Band, CDC 3, Mass Effect, Burnout. Look at their lineup this year: Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Spore... They're original, unique. The products of the studios, not the CEO's focus groups. Sure, EA isn't there yet on many other levels, but something is changing, you can't deny that.

And again, they can't really interfere with the MMO that much, because they aren't publishing it. That's what is so bizarre about this game. EA is trying to take credit because they own the developer, but they really aren't involved at all. LucasArts really has the ability to meddle here, and I don't know about you guys... but I'm more worried about them than EA.

^ Nowadays? Riccitiello took over last year. Since then EA has delivered Crysis, Skate, Rock Band, CDC 3, Mass Effect, Burnout. Look at their lineup this year: Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Spore... They're original, unique. The products of the studios, not the CEO's focus groups. Sure, EA isn't there yet on many other levels, but something is changing, you can't deny that.

And again, they can't really interfere with the MMO that much, because they aren't publishing it. That's what is so bizarre about this game. EA is trying to take credit because they own the developer, but they really aren't involved at all. LucasArts really has the ability to meddle here, and I don't know about you guys... but I'm more worried about them than EA.

You do realise that Mass Effect was pretty much done by the time EA acquired BioWare|Pandemic earlier this year. What will be interesting to see is who EA effects Mass Effect II & III

You do realise that Mass Effect was pretty much done by the time EA acquired BioWare|Pandemic earlier this year. What will be interesting to see is who EA effects Mass Effect II & III

Not to mention almost all the other titles were almost done by then. But I have to agree that some studios such as Criterion or Maxis are kinda untouchable by the company.

^ That is true, actually. My mistake. Sorry.

But I'll still hold my argument with EA's current lineup. I'll go one further, even: A lot of problems at EA could be solved by keeping their hands off the studios' and their projects. Not all, but many. If Riccitiello is honestly holding his word and giving the studios their autonomy then we don't have to worry about EA meddling in current and future KOTOR projects from Bioware.

There. Think I got it right that time. :D

Archived