Home

The Dark Knight...

urluckyday

Well, it's finally here. Saw it this morning at midnight...The Dark Knight. The continuation of the Batman series with Christian Bale (spelling?). And let me be the first to tell you, it was well worth the wait. Ledger is golden as the Joker and he creates a truly believeable insane villain with chilling results. The joker, in the first place, is the greatest comic book villain ever (opinion of course), and I don't feel that he was given true justice in the old "Batman" film. Now, he is shown as a schizophrenic mad man who has a very sadistic view on criminals and crime fighters.

Anyway, as for my ramblings on, these are just my opinons. Please use this thread as a place to review the movie, ask questions, etc.

Just ask yourself...

"Why so serious?"

Well, I liked Jack Nicholsen as the Joker. :)

And I felt Heath Ledger would have alot to live up to.

But judging from the few glimps you get from the trailers (haven't seen the movie yet, will on Sunday I think) it would seem he not only lived up to my expectations, but surpassed them.

This is of course a much darker version than the ones from the 90's.

Batman The Movie is the only good Batman movie of the 4 that was made back then. The other 3 was just silly. Until Batman Begins of course. ;)

This is how I rank them:

Batman Begins

Batman the Movie

The others arn't worth considering.

I'm very exited to finally see this second installment.

And once I do, I'm sure it will, atleast, bump Batman The Movie down to third place. :D

Possibly even Batman Begins to second place. ;)

• 1 month later...

I just saw The Dark Knight . It was even better than I expected. Most of the comment is about Heath Ledger. He is no longer with us, but his performance as joker in this film is everlasting. The film's storyline has many twists and all are rewarding, the story is developed constantly after each scene, making you wonder what's next. Excellent craft and flows well towards the conclusion. I liked this film very much.

I just saw The Dark Knight . It was even better than I expected. Most of the comment is about Heath Ledger. He is no longer with us, but his performance as joker in this film is everlasting. The film's storyline has many twists and all are rewarding, the story is developed constantly after each scene, making you wonder what's next. Excellent craft and flows well towards the conclusion. I liked this film very much.

Hold on, you JUST saw it? What took you so long?

Archived