Home

Do you think they should make a KotOR 3

bally3000

There were rumours of this but don't know if they are attually making it?:confused:

I think they should make a third but i really wanted to know what other people thought of this? so please post =]

BTW its my first thread :D

they better do

I think that if this MMO is largely successful, then they probably will soon afterward or so I'd hope.

Taking a page from the most successful MMO ever, Blizzard has not released another 'Warcraft' RTS since World of Warcraft launched. Why? Because WoW's audience would stop playing the MMO to play the single player game (hence no monthly fee). It is more advantageous for them to release expansion packs (at 49.99 a pop) every year for when they want a revenue spike.

Will they eventually release a new Warcraft RTS? Possibly but I doubt that we will see one in the next four to five years, they have let Starcraft fill the role of their primary RTS game.

With all of that said, I do expect that there may be a KOTOR 3 single player game. If the MMO takes place after KOTOR 2, I expect that KOTOR 3 will be released before the MMO and it's storyline will be designed to mostly wrap up the single player storyline (with one or two holes left for later SP games); also I expect it to lay the foundation for the MMO.

If the MMO takes place either before KOTOR I, or many years after KOTOR II, then I don't foresee a KOTOR III coming out for a long, long time... if ever at all.

^ Yeah, VV, I'm really not seeing your logic there. If what you say is true, then we shouldn't have gotten anymore Star Wars games after Galaxies. Besides, it was established on another thread that LA was talking to Obsidian about making K3 anyhow.

^ Yeah, VV, I'm really not seeing your logic there. If what you say is true, then we shouldn't have gotten anymore Star Wars games after Galaxies. Besides, it was established on another thread that LA was talking to Obsidian about making K3 anyhow.

that's true. for all it's faults and the fact practically everyone hates it (i'm more of the mild dislike persuasion myself, lol), SWG made a LOT of money...and still generates it from subscription fees.

I already gave an answer, but I have more to say that may or may not give you peace.

KOTOR III should have come out soon after the second. The longer it takes to release, the fewer the fans that will wait for it. There may simply be no more money to make if the third installment continues the trend of the first(In terms of rating, not profit). As much as I want it to come out and as much as I think it should have... I've given up hope. If it does, then great. If not, I won't be disappointed anymore.

hardly any now actually, there's only a couple hundred subscribers I believe. It's actually going to lose its online service from what I heard. It'll probably come down after this one releases.

me and several of my friends heard that about a year and half ago and it's still going for some reason, lol

i even know a guy (read here as "psychopath") who still plays it, lol :D

they probably won't shut it all down, if there's really so few they'll probably just close all but a few servers and use those for some other SOE game. heck maybe they'll make it free on those couple of servers, lolz

Wrong context, I'm talking about the KOTOR series as a single player RPG not the Star Wars franchise as a whole. SWG was not a continuation of a Star Wars game series (Such as KOTOR, Jedi Knights, Rogue Squadron, Battlefields etc.)

While on the topic of SWG, being an ex SWG player (played at release and every revision of the game) and a MMO connoisseur, if you will, (Played RO, AC1, AC2, EQ1, EQ2, SWG, MO, AOC, COH/COV, PS & WoW) SWG is only alive at this point because it has the words 'Star Wars' in its title.

Archived