Home

Max Payne on the big screen

igyman

Coming from a fan of both video game series, Hitman was a terrible, terrible movie - But I have to say I have a little more faith this time around as the main actor is somewhat more suited to the role. If Mark Walberg gives a performance on a similar scale as the Departed, it should be a great film. :p

I'm with you on that one. But we have to remember Bloodrayne was done by the master of disaster - Uwe Boll. Hitman could have been a lot better, but was still OK, in my opinion. This one, I hope will be done proprely. I've seen the cast roster and the plot synopsis and it looks like they're going to adapt the story of the first Max Payne game. Let's hope they do it right.

I'm with you on that one. But we have to remember Bloodrayne was done by the master of disaster - Uwe Boll.

That man has fingers of doom! He should be banned from making films, especially ones based on video games.

As for the Max Payne movie, i'm interested, but i'm not a fan of Mark Wahlberg, so i'll have to wait and see. :)

It's true that Uwe Boll is a terrible director, but I always got a kick out of how he lured the founder of the Something Awful forums (one of his harshest critics) into the boxing ring under the guise of a joke -and then proceeded to (legally) beat the s*** out of him. :p

Pretty clever if you ask me. ;)

I don't really understand (or like) the whole "supernatural" part this movie seems to have ... that was never present in the games, and somehow, it doesn't really fit IMHO.

Are you sure it's not just when he's having a nightmare - like when your drugged, you have those weird nightmares in the first one...

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really understand (or like) the whole "supernatural" part this movie seems to have ... that was never present in the games, and somehow, it doesn't really fit IMHO.

There were never any supernatural parts to the game. Just a lot of hallucinations Max has due to his slight bought of insanity. Possibly they are just there to visualize his metaphors. (Like the flesh of fallen angels)

I am very excited for this movie. Mostly because Max Payne is one of those games that I can always come back to and be completely blown away by the very awesome plotline and gameplay

Archived