Home

Personal attacks

Over the years I've caught quite a bit of flak from other administrators and such for the lax attitude in this forum, which I still maintain has worked out well and as such have defended the way things are many times. It's an interesting community, for sure.

However, the most recent bout of complaints really does hold some weight. Some of you are seriously taking the piss, with personal insults directed at other members, generally going well out of your way to ostracise certain people, and general rampant stupidity.

I don't mind spammy threads — lord knows the forum is 99% comprised of them — but I really don't like it when people start turning on each other. It's impossible for me to defend your actions, there's no need to it, and it's downright not nice. If you want to act like a dick then there're plenty of places like 4chan and Something Awful to do so. Maybe even RD2?

I don't want to have to progress onto issuing personal warnings and ultimately bans, but there've been enough requests to tone it down. Avery has given you several in the form of thread closures and verbally, and I'm asking you again right now. With this type of behaviour, even if I don't deal with you another administrator is going to end up stepping in.

If you really do dislike someone enough so much you can't resist being mean to them, just put them on your ignore list (ideally without reminding them they're on your ignore list every time they post).

Thank you!

Archived