Home

KOTOR tool problems

whatthehell

hey everyone. im fairly new here and i want to take a shot at moddin. the only thing is, im have problems with KOTOR tool

the version i have is v1.0.2210.16738

and its supposed to look likethis

but i cant seem to get it to do anything but this

and when i start it up, i get this

i dont have K1 on my computer and i think im doin something wrong that is surprisingly easy to fix

In KT's options, I believe there is a setting whee you can set the proper game paths. By default, KT looks for K1, but you can change/add paths to point to TSL as well.

Try that if you haven't already :)

To add to what Chainz has said if you click on file -> manage paths, then make sure TSL is set to the correct directory in the second tab.

Interesting. Don't currently have TSL on my machine, but when I use KT, I get a +sign (boxed) next to KOTOR and underneath that in faded gray is KOTOR II. Does this mean that if K1 isn't on your machine, that you would HAVE to reset the paths manually or just something particular about his system?

Interesting. Don't currently have TSL on my machine, but when I use KT, I get a +sign (boxed) next to KOTOR and underneath that in faded gray is KOTOR II. Does this mean that if K1 isn't on your machine, that you would HAVE to reset the paths manually or just something particular about his system?

Something with his system - KT happily auto-detected both K1 and TSL when I installed it. Fred T did wonders with, wonderful piece of software.

Do you have .NET Framework installed?

That had occurred to me, but then, shouldn't it not start at all if that is the problem?

thats what it should be,but i dont have either there

EDIT: sorry for the double post

im trying to reinstall everything, but i think that this is gonna take a bit. ill get back you yea

EDIT:much to my dismay (if thats the word im lookin for) it still hasnt worked... i think there was a mod that had step-by-step instructions with pictures that got it to look right for me. i must be doin something really wrong

Archived