Home

Here my opinion on Old republic MMO , Kotor3, and BFIII

DarthZayne

Old republic mmo

After a weak of hatred to Lucas Art who asked BioWare to make kotor a mmo , I came to one conclusion.Maybe Lucas Arts need to focus on another type of gamer and replace the FAILIURE that Galaxie is.

I hate mmo's in general because of the lack of story and character devlopement and the hardcore grinding and lack of real player vs player content.I played way to much mmo's and they are all boring after time (25 minute of grinding is more than enough to get me sleeping on my keyboard.)

The lack of skills needed to play a mmo is pathetic spaming 3-4 same short cut over and over is freaking boring. MMO Devlopers need to focus more on real time mmo wich you need a litle more skills.

but here my positive opinion I think BioWare can make the old republic mmo a good story teller if they do it right , if they mix with a upgraded Jade empire fighting system and with Drew Karpyshyn writing the game will be amazing.

We need joinable Factions like

Republic army / Jedi

Sith army / Sith

Mandalorian

Hutt

exchange

Wookie

and more , with rank and faction constant pvp servers. That kind of game need some hardcore pvp system with vehicules and pets and area control.

Kotor III

Our most wanted game , will come up in time trust me Lucas Arts aren't stupid enough to not do it . They made so much money with this serie so far they wont forget it. I'm working for ubisoft in CQ/QA since 2003 trust me no company forget Golden IP's.

Battlefront III

Here my theory about that one , I think the name of that game will be Star wars sagas since Lucas arts own that copyright why SAGAS ? simple because they will add kotor content in the next sequel of the serie . That will be good cross publicity with the kotor mmo and battlefront 3 expect BF3 to be released almost in the same time if its not the same time.

they did the same thing with many games Episode iii revenge of the sith with the movie , battlefront ii and empire at war , and force unleash with soul calibur IV . I think the game will be annonced not far after TFU release maybe a little before.

Sorry about my spelling I didn't sleep much because of the job so...

Old republic mmo

After a week of hatred to Lucas Art who asked BioWare to make KotOR a mmo , I came to one conclusion.Maybe Lucas Arts need to focus on another type of gamer and replace the FAILURE that Galaxies is.

I hate mmo's in general because of the lack of story and character development and the hardcore grinding and lack of real player vs player content.I played way to much mmo's and they are all boring after time (25 minute of grinding is more than enough to get me sleeping on my keyboard.)

The lack of skills needed to play a mmo is pathetic spamming 3-4 same short cut over and over is freaking boring. MMO developers need to focus more on real time mmo which you need a little more skills.

but here my positive opinion I think BioWare can make the old republic mmo a good story teller if they do it right , if they mix with a upgraded Jade empire fighting system and with Drew Karpyshyn writing the game will be amazing.

I agree with your assessment of MMOs. Which is why I have never played LotR:O

KotOR III

Our most wanted game , will come up in time trust me Lucas Arts aren't stupid enough to not do it . They made so much money with this series so far they wont forget it. I'm working for UniSoft in CQ/QA since 2003 trust me no company forget Golden IP's.

Companies may not forget about Golden IPs. But that does not mean that the company cannot screw them up.

For example:

Interplay & Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance

Surreal Software & Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Bungie Software & Myth III: The Wolf Age/Halo

The one that burns me up the most is what the suits at Ubisoft did to the Rainbow 6 (indoor) - Ghost Recon (outdoors) real time tactical shooters. Other then simulation games I refuse to buy another game that has been associated with Ubisoft.

The one that burns me up the most is what the suits at Ubisoft did to the Rainbow 6 (indoor) - Ghost Recon (outdoors) real time tactical shooters. Other then simulation games I refuse to buy another game that has been associated with Ubisoft.

I cannot comment about Ubisoft . But i can tell this , ubisoft doesn't make games for hardcore gamers only for Casual gamers.

I was a big fan on the rainbow six when redstorm was doing them.

Maybe you should try assassin creeds its pretty good.

I think it's noble idea to try and insert somehow a good plot on MMO, but the thought that there won't be an ending to it, while it should be any gamer's dream, become it's worst nightmare. Furthermore, I never saw a MMO with a functional story (excuse me, any MMO lover).

While I do agree that it is exceedingly unlikely that KOTOR 3 will never happen, many could argue that KOTOR 3 will turn out like Duke Nukem Never.

Forever will be released this year. Trust them, as you did in the last decade.

What I am afraid is that the release of (KO)TOR MMO may postpone Kotor 3 development for many years. There are various reasons why LA would not want to release K3 during the MMO's lifetime, the most important one being huge number of people treating the MMO as a "replacement" for proper K3 and willing to give it a try only because it has sth to do with SP KOTOR games. Blizzard not releasing WarCraft 4 to avoid competing with and possibly hurting WoW would be a good example. Given the fact (KO)TOR MMO won't come out at least till late 2009 and a minimum of 4-5 years of lifetime, SP Kotor 3 may not come out until 2014.

I really hope I'm wrong though :(

The lack of skills needed to play a mmo is pathetic spaming 3-4 same short cut over and over is freaking boring. MMO Devlopers need to focus more on real time mmo wich you need a litle more skills.

Playing DDO artfully takes skill, you can tell the 'twitch' FPS players vs the non-ones. DDO uses real-time combat, and it does take hits for doing so as many of their player base are penalized for their lack of 'l33t skillz' (usually they die more often, incurring item repair bills), but it isn't readily apparent to them so usually they don't mind it (good game design).

Old republic mmo

Battlefront III

Here my theory about that one , I think the name of that game will be Star wars sagas since Lucas arts own that copyright why SAGAS ? simple because they will add kotor content in the next sequel of the serie . That will be good cross publicity with the kotor mmo and battlefront 3 expect BF3 to be released almost in the same time if its not the same time.

Isn't Free Radical developing BF3 right now, or something?

... Yeah. Old news, too. NOT that it's official or anything. But, I like your idea. KOTOR universe + Battlefront = Strawberries + Cream. Do the math, you can't lose, folks.

And KOTOR 3, it'll happen. That is all. It WILL happen. :D

I cannot comment about Ubisoft . But i can tell this , ubisoft doesn't make games for hardcore gamers only for Casual gamers.

I was a big fan on the rainbow six when redstorm was doing them.

Maybe you should try assassin creeds its pretty good.

I'll wait for

Ground Branch by BlackFoot Studios. For those of you that don't know John Sonedecker was the lead level designer at Redstorm Entertainment when they were good (original Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six (1& 2)).

ARMA 2 aka Game 2 by Bohemia Interactive.

Battlefront III

I disagree, it would be unwise to release any other Star Wars title at the same time with their MMO. Lucas Arts need to get as many players 'vested in their MMO in the first month as possible.

Lucas Arts wanted to release another game near the launch of KOTOR Online, they need to release the game at least two months before the release so that it will not dip into the MMO's sales.

^ Here's a twist. Obsidian is hiring for a next-gen console RPG. Bioware is 3 years into development for what Riccitiello has implied is a PC exclusive MMO. Food for thought, but I'm too tired at the moment to think straight about what that might mean... :(

While I see where you're coming from, I could say that it could not make it faster but certainly come right after. The Kotor MMO could be a primer, the Kotor 3 the paint.

Right after as in, like, a day? Week? Month? BioWare obviously has their hands tied up with projects, and Obsidian apparently has 3 games in development (according to Wiki). If it's gonna come right, RIGHT after, then it's probably gonna be some outside developer doing it. Otherwise I fear KotOR 3 will indeed be several years away, even after the MMO.

Ubisoft is King simply because of Warlords Battlecry II the god of all games, Infinite Interactive screwed up the third one.

Anywho, In agree with you about they will end up making K3, the question is when.

I'll never probably never play the MMO, simply because I hate them, with a passion, with a passion so strong that I'd rather be stuck in a room and being forced to play every Yugioh game ever made for the GBA.

On Battlefront III, if they make one, I'll get it, if they don't, I won't care.

The only thing here which I truly care about is K3, if they make a good sequel, I'm pretty sure all of us will be satisfied. What they should do is get BioWare and Obsidian to collaborate on it, cos Obsidian definately came up with the better plot, but BioWare had a better game overall.

I dont mind all the MMO hate and Galaxies parrot flame... It just means there will be less lag when I'm enjoying SW: tOR*, but my main dream is still an SPRPG KIII from bioware, but I wouldn't kick Obsidian out of bed if they did it :)

...and Obsidian apparently has 3 games in development (according to Wiki).

I count four, but meh, whatever.

...but I wouldn't kick Obsidian out of bed if they did it :)

It's all right; you can go ahead. I'd kick BioWare if they ended up making K3. :xp:

As for the MMO...so far it doesn't sound too bad. I probably won't play it, but I'm sure a lot of fans will enjoy it (well, a lot seem to have enjoyed JK3, so... :xp: ).

Right after as in, like, a day? Week? Month? BioWare obviously has their hands tied up with projects, and Obsidian apparently has 3 games in development (according to Wiki). If it's gonna come right, RIGHT after, then it's probably gonna be some outside developer doing it. Otherwise I fear KotOR 3 will indeed be several years away, even after the MMO.

I'm actually thinking a year after. Obsidian actually just announced a next-gen RPG, making the games in work four. Now, Obsidian usually does three at a time, but all of the games should be done sometime next year (Alpha Protocol, Aliens, and their expansion game), beyond the recent unknown RPG, and that would free up Chris Avellone and hopefully most of the Kotor II team.

It's gunna be after the MMO, but I'm thinking 2010, 2011(early). I cling to hope, anyway :)

I'm actually thinking a year after. Obsidian actually just announced a next-gen RPG, making the games in work four. Now, Obsidian usually does three at a time, but all of the games should be done sometime next year (Alpha Protocol, Aliens, and their expansion game), beyond the recent unknown RPG, and that would free up Chris Avellone and hopefully most of the Kotor II team.

It's gunna be after the MMO, but I'm thinking 2010, 2011(early). I cling to hope, anyway :)

Actually Storm of Zehir is supposed to be out before the end of the year.

Archived