Home

Here my opinion on Old republic MMO , Kotor3, and BFIII

DarthZayne

they need to focus only on 5 very important thing.

1-smooth engine

2-great pvp system

3-great story

4-great gameplay with less grinding than other mmos

5-stable server

Aren't most of those (if not all) goals for any MMO? They'll probably need to focus on more than just that.

Aren't most of those (if not all) goals for any MMO? They'll probably need to focus on more than just that.

but very few succeed to archives those 5 requirements.

I'm about to think that the KOTOR mmo is just a myth because LA denied any kotor project with Bioware months ago and also Bioware said ( our mmo wont be a star wars ). but now president of EA said KOTOR MMO is on the way.

I'm confused.

kotor 3 will happend dont worrie guy soon or later that game will come out.

I expect kotor 3 to have an upgraded Mass Effect engine and drastic changes to the gameplay.

Every BioWare games have been an evolution for the gaming in every aspect.

but they disapointed me with Mass Effect lack of content and poor story.

but very few succeed to archives those 5 requirements.

I'm about to think that the KOTOR mmo is just a myth because LA denied any kotor project with Bioware months ago and also Bioware said ( our mmo wont be a star wars ). but now president of EA said KOTOR MMO is on the way.

I'm confused.

kotor 3 will happend dont worrie guy soon or later that game will come out.

I expect kotor 3 to have an upgraded Mass Effect engine and drastic changes to the gameplay.

Every BioWare games have been an evolution for the gaming in every aspect.

but they disapointed me with Mass Effect lack of content and poor story.

I agree that it would be awesome if a mmorpg could do that but a story just isnt going to happen unless it the mmo part is just on the side. The problem is in order to make a good story you have to evelope the player in it. Thing is their are going to be thousand upon thousands in not hundreds of thousand of characters, and you cant have everyone play the same part and the developers dont have enough time and probbaly wouldnt if they worked their rest of their lives in order to create a unique story for each person. While it would be nice that expectation is way to high and if you are looking for a mmorpg that has that and it needs that in order for you to like it then dont ever except to find a mmorpg that you like.

The story just needs to be generalized (which shouldn't be too hard). The story could be as basic as Jedi vs. Sith. Now everyone fits in just fine. It doesn't need to be made where every single person has a specific signficant part, because that it isn't possible in a game where there are thousands of players.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with the most of the posters in this thread, I have hated any MMO I have ever tried. It is the same thing over and over again.

I love replaying the Kotor games, the different paths you can take, the influence and deciding to train jedi in TSL. This is what make the games have a replay factor. Kotor as an MMO will be a third person shooter with light sabers and powers.

Archived