Home

When in the timeline should the KOTOR MMO take place?

It would naturally be after so they could capitalize on adding the characters into the game, just like they did with some of the most beloved EU characters in Star Wars Galaxies.

Yeah... Captain Panaka became a traitor and an Imperial Moff? Since when did that happen?

For all we know Komad Fortuna could turn out to be an advance agent of the True Sith... :rolleyes:

^ Some story from last year (one that actually said the game would be named "The Old Republic") said that Bioware was looking at about 3500 BBY... a good amount of time after the series. All just rumors of course, kind of an old one, too.

Looking at games like Warhammer and WoW and even SWG, I'd think that the Mandalorian wars would probably be the best timeline, from a gameplay standpoint. And you wouldn't have to worry about Revan or Exile or any of the other series characters because their actions were all set in stone up to that point.

Based on what I've read around the net, the Mandalorian Wars seems to be fan favorite, too. ;)

^ Some story from last year (one that actually said the game would be named "The Old Republic") said that Bioware was looking at about 3500 BBY... a good amount of time after the series. All just rumors of course, kind of an old one, too.

Looking at games like Warhammer and WoW and even SWG, I'd think that the Mandalorian wars would probably be the best timeline, from a gameplay standpoint. And you wouldn't have to worry about Revan or Exile or any of the other series characters because their actions were all set in stone up to that point.

Based on what I've read around the net, the Mandalorian Wars seems to be fan favorite, too. ;)

mandalorian wars is a great setting indeed. hope they are wise and choose that. and then they can always make a offline game to finish our beloved story from kotor 1 and 2

yeah, i'm hoping they'll be smart and make the Mandalorian Wars the setting. Since it's Bioware, our chances are good! :D

^ That's the spirit! Have faith in Bioware, they nailed it the first time with this era, after all.

As I keep saying, one success doesn't automatically equate success the next time around.

Plenty of companies have 'nailed it' the first time, and then bombed in subsequent efforts.

After Kotor... well, only if it's way after it. I wouldn't risk bashing on the features we've grown to love on the previous two games.

The Jedi Civil War wouldn't do it at all. The entire first game is set on that era, imagine what harm it could cause.

Before the games would be the best option IMO. I can't imagine a more exciting timeline than on the Mandalorian Wars.

Mandalorian Wars: Lots of Jedi, lots of Mandalorians, lots of choices, sequentially involved with the main series' storyline without damaging it... not so many sith. That really is the only problem. Now, the war that's mentioned constantly in KOTOR is the one with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma from the Tales of the Jedi series, 50 years before K1. It has a big war, jedi, sith and Mandalorians. I think it's a neat idea, but Bioware has had licensing problems with "Tales of the Jedi" before, for example Bastila Shan's original name was supposed to be Vima Sunrider and so on.

After Kotor... well, only if it's way after it. I wouldn't risk bashing on the features we've grown to love on the previous two games.

The Jedi Civil War wouldn't do it at all. The entire first game is set on that era, imagine what harm it could cause.

Before the games would be the best option IMO. I can't imagine a more exciting timeline than on the Mandalorian Wars.

The first game takes place in the end of the Jedi Civil War, I was thinking more at the begining when the Sith were under the rule of Revan, not Malak. I think this could easily be pulled off with out causing any damage to the first game (or rest of the serries).

I don't think it would harm the JCW if the mmo were during that time period. Considering Bioware were the ones who made up those events in the first place, i'm sure they'd keep it in line with the overall vision we have of Kotor.

I think the beginning of the JCW, maybe as early as a couple of weeks after Revan and Malak return, would be a good starting point.

I don't think it would harm the JCW if the mmo were during that time period. Considering Bioware were the ones who made up those events in the first place, i'm sure they'd keep it in line with the overall vision we have of Kotor.

The real problem would be the restrictions it would put to the MMO, not whatever damage it could cause. An era such as the Mandalorian Wars is both a time where we never played before and one that have much flexibility as long as the Republic ends up winning.

The real problem would be the restrictions it would put to the MMO, not whatever damage it could cause. An era such as the Mandalorian Wars is both a time where we never played before and one that have much flexibility as long as the Republic ends up winning.

don't we have that same flexibility with the JCW? I guess the Sith usually win battles and such (until Revan's return), but isn't the same true for the Mandalorians until Revan?

don't we have that same flexibility with the JCW? I guess the Sith usually win battles and such (until Revan's return), but isn't the same true for the Mandalorians until Revan?

The Sith would win about every battle at both Revan's and Malak's rule. While, for all we know, the mandalorians would crush many external and mostly unimportant worlds, but that doesn't mean the Republic didn't have their share of victories too. And we must consider that the Sith faction would count with the Star Forge. A little unbalanced, don't you think?

Archived