Home

The worst game sequels

HigherPower

Sure, you love these games, but you hate their bastard brothers. Direct sequals to spiritual successors, all are fair game.

Pokemon Stadium 2 to Pokemon Battle Revolution

Metroid Prime to Metroid Prime 2 (cool music though)

The World is Not Enough to Agent Under Fire

KotOR to KotOR 2 (Peragus and cut content)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BLASPHEMY. KotOR 2 has grey morality and makes Revan's character so much deeper than what Bioware wrote in KotOR.
I've noticed recently that there seems to be two kinds of Star Wars fans. Those who love the traditional good and evil mythology, and those who prefer the grey area/human condition feel. The same trends can bee seen in comments about other parts of the EU.

Back on topic, for me:

Jedi Outcast Story -> Jedi Academy Story.

Splinter Cell -> Pandora Tomorrow. The new stuff in PT couldn't cover over the fact that the plot sucked and the levels were too linear. It took me a week to beat PT. I've had Splinter Cell for 2 months now and I still haven't beat it.

EDIT: Thinking about any Sonic the Hedgehog game made after Sonic Adventure was complete crap. Sonic Racers was a kinda good spinoff, but Sonic Heroes should have never been made. *shiver*

Well I know it's true. Yours is true too, but is only part of the 'whole story' :p
I think JA really suffered from the "separate mission" story, and I preferred the more flowing JO story, silly in places that it was... Even some of the gameplay additions in JA I could have done without. :)

I've noticed recently that there seems to be two kinds of Star Wars fans. Those who love the traditional good and evil mythology, and those who prefer the grey area/human condition feel.

I'm a grey man, myself. Kreia and Jolee were the best characters for me.

Which type are you, Prime?

Star Wars Galaxies pre-NGE -> Star Wars Galaxies post-NGE

That really should say Star Wars Galaxies Pre-Jedi -> Star Wars Galaxies Post-Jedi.

But yeah, NGE = suck.

_EW_

I think JA really suffered from the "separate mission" story,

Some of the missions were pretty good. But others (Tanaab and Nar Kreeta especially) were pretty sucky - I don't like games where the enemy is invincible, forcing you on a stupid chase. I much prefer hitting things with a big stick and doing them in.

The choose your own mission thing was a good idea - it's just a shame most of the missions weren't very good.

Interplay & Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance

Surreal Software & Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Bungie Software & Myth III: The Wolf Age/Halo

Ubisoft & Rainbow 6 (indoor) & Raven Shield

Ubisoft & Ghost Recon (outdoors) & Ghost Recon 2/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Call of Duty 2 and maybe 3, Ive never played it, I have to give props to infinity ward for remaking halo in a world war 2 setting with even more linear missions, redoing already over-done battles and removing a lot of good content from UO while not really adding anything at all of value. Ooohh an unhistorical and nerfed Thomson, wow how excitingly new.

Archived